Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ MAY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

26. Push-ups done. I haven't created a gratitude log but I am grateful every day for my blessings.

27. Push -up rest day! I love seeing the growth I have had over the years and love who and where I am now.

And Seaforest, I can't help but believe "We ain't seen nothing yet!. Every day when I wake up,i am grateful for the changes in my life, like a child full wonderment, I want to hang around for the conclusion of this all!!😝🌼🌈And a NlessedMemorial Day for You All. 📍🇺🇸📍

Playing catch-up (sorry in advance for the length of the following):

May Day #24 (Friday)

>>> Treat Yourself: So I have 3 weddings to go to in the next few months. One next week, one in 3 weeks, and one in September. I didn't want to buy anything new for the first two weddings because I figure I still had a few more pounds to lose and didn't want to buy a dress only to have it be too loose in a month. Then on Friday I decided to eff it and just go buy something already! I mean, I lost all this weight, may as well show the bod in something that fits me properly.

At the time, I was all "so what if I'm only going to wear this dress once"? Right? Right?!? Btw, Its size 00. WTF.

HOWEVER...

Just today I decided I'm going to stop trying to lose more weight...I think I'm done, I feel like I'm getting too small. So I guess I may just be able to wear this dress more than once after all :)

>>> 19 Push-ups: Oooh...these push ups were a challenge for me this morning, but they're done. No squats or sit ups though.

May Day #25 (Saturday)

• Get Grooming: Did not actually get grooming, but made appointments to do so the following week: Haircut on Monday, IPL for Wednesday, and henna my hair Friday night.
  • 20 push ups: Did not do these on Saturday, I actually forgot to to do them as was busy running errands and preparing for a party at our place to watch the basketball game that night (GO RAPS GO! Btw, the Raptors finally going to the NBA Finals is a huge deal over here. The entire city effectively went nuts that night. And probably a respectable portion of the rest of the country too.)
  • On another note: I reached my Weight loss Goal for May this day. I am now 127.3 lbs, which is 0.7 lbs less than how much I weighed when I first met Mr. 20+ years ago. He says I look much thinner than he remembers when we first met, hence another reason I've decided to stop trying to lose more weight. He also said he remembers my boobs being much bigger back then :( *cries*

May Day #26 (Sunday)

• Create a Gratitude Log: - Um, no. (See "Start Journalling").
  • 21 push ups: Did 31 this day. I tried to make up for the 20 missed the day before, but only got in an extra 10. Good enough, I say.

May Day # 27 (Monday)

• Write down what you love about yourself: EVERYTHING. (and even if I don't sometimes, I'm working on it.)
  • No pushups - Rest Day: Thank goodness.

Edited by ms.sss

49 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

GO RAPS GO! Btw, the Raptors finally going to the NBA Finals is a huge deal over here. The entire city effectively went nuts that ***ht. And probably a respectable portion of the rest of the country too.)

As a born and raised Cheesehead I was so sad the Bucks lost, however my stepsons live in Toronto and are huge Raptor fans so I am now rooting for them.

Went to the gym this morning, it was FILLED with hardcore fitness people. Not too surprising since they close at 1 today. I did cut my workout a bit short because the weight areas were in high demand.

I’m not a gratitude log type of person, however I am a grateful person. I love that I’m an open minded, empathetic and progressive person. (Or at least try to be)

Day 26 - Gratitude log. Not really my style, but I am thankful for so much in my life. For eHarmony, where I was matched with my hubs 13+ years ago, our two sweet wee-lings (who came after two hard losses), our home as small as it is, my husband's job, and so many other things.

Day 27 - What I love about myself. This is a hard question for me, as my self confidence has taken a big hit in the last few years. I guess I would say my creativity is my favourite part of myself. I'm a writer and a good cook, and I get immense joy from both.

Went to the gym, the substitute aerobic instructor is pretty tough. I think she doesn’t realize the majority of her class is well over 50 years old. 😅

My body desperately wants to weigh 143-144 right now and is fighting me every step of the way. I don’t like to use the word stall, I feel like it’s me tricking my metabolism. My body settles on certain weights and it takes longer to get the scale moving again. The same thing happened around 155-156.

I’ll start losing again, I’m doing everything I can do!

16 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Went to the gym, the substitute aerobic instructor is pretty tough. I think she doesn’t realize the majority of her class is well over 50 years old. 😅

My body desperately wants to weigh 143-144 right now and is fighting me every step of the way. I don’t like to use the word stall, I feel like it’s me tricking my metabolism. My body settles on certain weights and it takes longer to get the scale moving again. The same thing happened around 155-156.

I’ll start losing again, I’m doing everything I can do!

I totally hear you about your body being comfortable at a certain weight. My body loved loved loved 274. Over the years, I would lose and gain and lose and gain again and 274 seemed to be where things would settle out regularly.

Day 27 - Confide in someone. Does showing my incisions to one of my besties count? LOL

Went for my first real walk since surgery this morning. It took me 45 minutes to do 3km (about 1.75 miles) and I was completely done in afterward, but it felt so good. I will get back to my usual pace before long and then I'll start using my Nordic walking poles again. Baby steps!

On 5/27/2019 at 10:17 AM, ms.sss said:

GO RAPS GO! Btw, the Raptors finally going to the NBA Finals is a huge deal over here. The entire city effectively went nuts that night. And probably a respectable portion of the rest of the country

LOL... my poor hubs is so torn right now. He's not normally a big NBA fan, but with the Raptors in the final he feels strongly inclined to watch and cheer them on. Of course there's also the NHL Stanley Cup finals that started last night, and being the good Canadian male that he is, hockey is life, even if his team didn't make it past the first round. AAAAANNNDDD... the Roughriders (CFL football) play their first pre-season game on Friday. Now, I personally could care less about basketball and hockey, but football is my thing. We have a rule in our house that we only watch one sport at a time, but this week is insane. I'm really hoping that the NHL and NBA finals end in 4-game sweeps in both series, just so that they're over.

46 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

NBA finals end in 4-game sweeps in both series,

OMG I hope (pray) so too...that way my stress level can be minimized.

47 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

LOL... my poor hubs is so torn right now.

That is what PVRs are for! The double overtime of Game 3 was happening at the same time as the GOT finale. The trusty PVR ensured that we got to see both :)

On 5/27/2019 at 12:17 PM, ms.sss said:

. Then on Friday I decided to eff it and just go buy something already! I mean, I lost all this weight, may as well show the bod in something that fits me properly.

At the time, I was all "so what if I'm only going to wear this dress once"? Right? Right?!? Btw, Its size 00. WTF.

We (politely) demand photos of this spectacular 00

Good Morning y'all!!!

B-Side Question:

What is your realistic goal weight vs fantasy goal weight ? Are there differences between them besides a number ?

Good Morning y'all!!!

B-Side Question:

What is your realistic goal weight vs fantasy goal weight ? Are there differences between them besides a number ?

Day 29 - Help someone. I helped my 7yo do a homework assignment this morning. His write-up for his classroom museum.

B-side - fantasy goal weight... 135. Realistic goal weight 150. I think the difference for me is at 150, I will feel accomplished and healthy. At 135 I think I will feel victorious. But who knows... I'm a heck of a long way from both at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app