Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Celebrate the half way point. *****

When is it appropriate to celebrate weight loss?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. When is it appropriate to celebrate weight loss?

• 10%
    • 20%
    • 50%
    • 100%

Julie:

I live in Massachusetts. I'm very fortunate to having the band, and with insurance covering everything but copays, which was $500 for the overnight stay at hospital, $175 for the psych visit, and $20 per doctors visit.

I started out at 324 - yuck! My surgeon doesn't band anyone over 50 bmi so I had to lose before the surgery and I was succesful with the motivation of surgery, or not.

I go to a great surgeon - Dr. Adam Glasgow. He's the son of the other surgeon in the practice - Dr. Arthur Glasgow. They are both very kind doctors that seem to be genuinely caring with us bandsters. They have a monthly support group in their office too.

I don't think I'm at my sweet spot yet, but possibly. I got a fill last Wednesday and hope to be able to tell over the next couple of weeks if it did the trick or not.

I really enjoy reading from those that are more experienced than I am.

Thank you to you, and the rest of the experienced bandsters for all of your help.

Sue

I Celebrate at 5 lb intervals...that way Im not stressing Water weight or hormones! I try to reward myself with things, but Im so used to doing it with food. So since I graduating in like 17 days or something, and Ive lost over 90 lbs in less than a year, I am going to celebrate by putting all my money into a body bugg, as a gift and motivation, cause Ill be a monkeys uncle if I spend that much money on something and then not use it..Nope Im way too cheap for that:ranger:

I still haven't celebrated! What am I thinking? I did buy a new outfit, but I needed the clothes anyway. I think I'd like to drink a bottle of wine for my celebration! haha

i think you should congratulate yourself for every pound.

i 'celebrate' every big milestone (losing 25 pounds first, then getting to 350, then 299, my next is 250 and i want to get there by mid January).

every single pound contributes to something ... so yay for everyone ... even if it is a pound down. ;)

I think each pound is important - but for me I haven't really celebrated anything - I have bought a few new things cuz the old ones were way to big but i have done this 3 or 4 times before. I have lost weight but within 2 yrs I have slowly put it back on and then more.

I will celerate 3 yrs after I have reached goal - cuz then I will really know that i have succeeded cuz I didn't put the weight back on.