Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Next step in finding the real me

Good luck Neal,

We are both in on the same day so I shall be thinking of you, keep us updated so that we can share notes!

Nina x

Wow, there are a lot of us going in next month. Can't wait to see everyone's progress. I will for sure take and post pics along the way. :)

Congrats on your upcoming surgery, Neal! Count me in on the February plastics train. I'm not scheduled yet, but just waiting on a call back from the doc's office and plan to schedule for 2/15, if that date is still available.

Tami

Tami: That's cool. What procedure are you having done? You'll have to keep us informed.

Karey, good to "see" you. I guess we'll be ps sisters as well as lap band sisters!

I'm scheduled on 2-15 for lower body lift, laser Lipo on the outer thighs, medial thigh lift, port replacement, and breast lift/augmentation (but he'll postpone the thigh lift if surgery runs too long). That's a lot, I know. I hope I don't talk myself out of it before then!

Tami

Hi all. I just realized I have not been updateing this thread. I have been updating my progress on the February PS thread. I will recap here too. Well, tomorrow I will be only 2 weeks until surgery. I can't beleive how time has flown by. I was denied insurance coverage. I figured thats what the outcome would be, but still a little disappointed. I was hoping not to have to pay for it. I go for my pre-op testing on Tuesday, so that will be good and make it seam even more real. I amde an account at Make Me Heal, the link is in my signature. I posted pre op pics there and will update post op as well

Hi all. I just realized I have not been updateing this thread. I have been updating my progress on the February PS thread. I will recap here too. Well, tomorrow I will be only 2 weeks until surgery. I can't beleive how time has flown by. I was denied insurance coverage. I figured thats what the outcome would be, but still a little disappointed. I was hoping not to have to pay for it. I go for my pre-op testing on Tuesday, so that will be good and make it seam even more real. I amde an account at Make Me Heal, the link is in my signature. I posted pre op pics there and will update post op as well

Thanks Neil for updating... I have been following your progress for a while and am curious as to how your Sx will come out. I was just banded in nov. down here in Waco... not too far from you. I started out at 400 and am down 50 so far. My skin is responding nicely so far, but, you never know what it will do once it is "empty". I am hoping not to need the gut elimination. Will be praying for you on the big day.

Well its done. I am home and in recovery mode. I updated on the Feb PS thread, but not here. lol So I had surgery on Monday. All went well. I had a little over 6 pounds cut off. I developed a slight fever and low blood pressure so they held me in the hospital 2 extra nights for observation. So I came home on Thursday instead of Tuesday. The pain isnt too bad except for a cough I developed. Today is day 6 post op and I can almost stand straight, still have to hunch some. You can see that in the pics I am posting. Will try to update with pics along the way. The first 2 pics are one day post op and the others are today (6 days post op) I am still very swollen.

1dayPO2.jpg1dayPO.jpg

6dayPOb.jpg6dayPOa.jpg

Amazing - Thank you so much for sharing this for everyone.

Admit it. I know your a guy and all but isn't it great to have a proper belly button again. I keep looking at mine and smiling.

Your incision line looks GREAT. If the doc hasn't reminded you enough already as soon as the drains come out start massaging that scar line like clockwork. Mine is still very purple but other than the color you wouldn't know it was there. The incision is completely flat with no scar tissue built up on the surface or below.

Neil!!

You look great! I am so glad that you are doing better! I bet it feels AWSOME! I agree as well with Diane, truly appreciate that nice belly button!! WOO HOOO!!

WTG Neal. I remember being almost able to stand straight, LOL. It does take a while. I developed the cough and rattle. I truly believe it was related to being put to sleep. Thank goodness mine was three weeks later, because it still hurt everytime I coughed.

Don't over do it, even though it's 5 weeks today for me, if I lift too much, I can tell in a few hours.

You look great!