Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's benig banded on 11/20???

Good luck everyone! I woke up at 3:30 but I had to get up at 4:15 anyway so that isn't too bad. I am nervous and I'm sure the rest of us are too. Everything will be fine and we are on our way to leading a healthier lifestyle.

You are all in my prayers!

Jill

Good Luck to all of you today.......you will be in my prayers that everything goes well and you will all get to come home and recoup there.

You are all just a few hours away from your new life!!

Congratulations!!

Well today is day 3 and I made it. Today my stomach feels like it is on fire. I am still taking my tylenol with codeine, and I get to take a shower today. So I am hoping I will feel better this afternoon. Hope everyone else is doing good!! :-)

I am doing well. I feel much better today. My port incision is still very sore but that is about it. I get a little bit of shoulder pain every once in a while but the heating pad really helps. Getting up and off the couch was the worst part. That really hurt.

I hope everyone else is doing great!

hi all welcome to the band wagon, we made it!!!!

my worst part was a realy bad migrain in the hospital. my tummy is sore and i'm looking foward to my first shower!! not having any problems with gas, thank goodness. the surgery went well, except that they had a terrible time getting my IV in. they finaly got one in the right side of my neck. grrr! my arms look worse then my tummy!

hope everyone has a quick recovery!

tracey

banded nov 20 in riverton wy, by dr. lewis

Hello All...How is everyone doing?I am now three days post op and feeling prettty good. I was extremely hungry yesterday. Anyone else experiencing that? That scared me to death. I ate things like sugar free pudding, broth, crystal light, and Water.

I think that was too much too fast. I've decided that today that I will stick to Water, crystal light, and maybe a small amount of broth. My mom is downstairs making a delightful traditional Thanksgiving that smells divine. Feeling a little ambivelant. On one hand, I could kick myself for not waiting until after the holiday. On the other hand, I knew that I was at the end of my rope and couldn't wait a moment longer to do this. Hopefully, I will soon be able to see the weight loss and know that I made the right decision.

I would love to hear back from you all and know how you are feeling physically and emotionally. Take care!

Hello, big brothers and sisters - I was banded on Wednesday, November 21st in Israel, at Assuta Hospital in Tel Aviv. Now I'm back home with a stitch-like feeling in my side, five small but impressive bruised incisions studded with staples on my belly, and hope in my heart. I'd like to point out that while my banding took place on the 21st, it was still the 20th at the following locations: Honolulu. Papeete, Apia, Pago Pago, Alofim, Adak and Rarotongo.

Good luck to us all!

Hi Friends! This is my first post since being banded on the 20th. It looks like all of us are hanging in there and doing well! Glad to hear from Israel too!:)

My surgery went well. They found a Hiatal Hernia that they fixed while inside. Kinda a two for one surgery. Unfortunately, they also found a golf ball size tumor on my liver. Took a biopsy. They said it looked beniegn, but I will know in a few days. It's a blessing that they found it - if I'd have not had this surgery, we may have never known it was there!:straight

I've only had some managable pain at the incision sites. The Tyenol/Codiene Sryup is keeping the edge off though. I've not yet had any of the upper shoulder gas pain, or nausea that I was expecting.

I prayed for each of you that I knew was having surgery on the same day. I'm so glad we did it together & we're all home now. Keep in touch & let us know how you're progressing!

Judy

Hello, big brothers and sisters - I was banded on Wednesday, November 21st in Israel, at Assuta Hospital in Tel Aviv. Now I'm back home with a stitch-like feeling in my side, five small but impressive bruised incisions studded with staples on my belly, and hope in my heart. I'd like to point out that while my banding took place on the 21st, it was still the 20th at the following locations: Honolulu. Papeete, Apia, Pago Pago, Alofim, Adak and Rarotongo.

Good luck to us all!

Hey & Hi to you Bandpal! Hope you're doing well after surgery. :)

Good Morning Firebolt! Congratulations on the 2 for one surgery , got my fingers crossed for you on the liver biopsy. My pre-op blood work showed abnormally high liver enzyme activity and my wonderfully cautious GP, who had originally recommended the lapband pocedure, was all ready to call everything off and set me up for another round of tests. Fortunately my surgeon called to check in on me that night and explained that the results were almost surely due to a fatty liver - just another reason to have the procedure in the first place. An ultrasound the next morning confirmed this diagnosis and we were back to all systems go for surgery.

I like you description of the post-op pain; managable is exactly what it is. No nausea, and no painful gas (I'm not talking about anyone around me, it might indeed be painful for the wife and kids...). Life is different, that's for sure! Here I am sitting in front of the computer sipping Decaf coffee from a shot glass -and filling up from it! Have a great day three, Firebolt -thanks for saying hi!

Boy after reading all the wonderful posts, I'm afraid to post. I feel like the black sheep. I am doing fine physically and have all the same incision pains like all of you. However, my surgery was not completed because about 3/4 of the way thru, my blood oxygen concentration plummitted and they decided to pull the plug on the surgery. They have decided to run all the necessary tests to figure out why this happened and then go back at it late december or early January. Yes I WAS disappointed when I woke up and my husband told me, but when I saw the grateful look on his face that quickly dissipated. My hopes would have been dashed, had they said that they wouldn't try again. However, they say that the cheif culprit they suspect is a blood clot breaking away from the legs and measures can be put in place to prevent this next time,so I'm not worried about going back. I cannot continue to live at 350 and counting, I know they will do everything possible the next time around for a successful surgery.

I hope everyone continues to do fine and I will keep you guys posted even though I am not a November 20th anymore. ):

I really feel for you, Ovahkummer... hope it goes well the next time. I came close to not having the operation because my clinic didn't send all my blood work with me up to the hospital - they had to fax it straight to the anesthesiologist. I say you're still a member of the club in our hearts - once you get the incision, there is no revision! Please keep us posted!

Hi everyone! It seems like everyone is doing well. I am so much better today. I still have a pain in my side and the port hurts but other than that I am doing great. I am hungry quite a bit but I eat or drink a little and I am full. My incisions are very itchy but that just means that they are healing.

Ovahkummer - so sorry the surgery was cancelled. I'm just glad that you are okay.

Hey there Ovahkummer - sorry it didn't work out the first time. You sound incredibly dedicated & ready to go. I'm sure the MD's will work out any potential complications & get the procedure completed for you.

I imagine it must have been a huge disappointment. :faint:But, now your Dr.'s know what to do the next time. You just keep your chin up and keep up your positive attitude. You will prevail! You will overcome! Your time is now! Hang in there & let us know how your doing, ok?;)

Judy

Good to hear from Bandpal & SkinnyJill!

I hope you're all resting & feeling better every minute.

I've been a little more tired today. I took about a 3 hr nap. I've not had any problems getting my protien & Water in. Although I think I'm more sore today than yesterday. I just keep managing it with the pain meds. I've taken a few laps around my cul-de-sac the past two days, but have yet to get out there today. It snowed last night & it's pretty darned cold out there! I'll get my but moving before too long though!

Hey Bandpal - I bet that coffee was the best you've ever had! I know that's what I couldn't wait to have. A cup of my coffee sugar free coffee creamer. Oh, it made my morning! Yipee!

I hope TLWEMPEN, CANADIAN COMFORT, NEWLIFE35 & TOWENS are all doing well also. Drop us a line when you feel up to it, ok?

Take care & be good!

Judy