Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody started the pre-op diet yet??

I had all my tests and bloodwork done on 10-3 - but when I was talking to the nurse about my class for Wed, he said I'd have to have the blood redrawn because it has to be within 30 days. I think that is standard.

I start mine the day after Thanksgiving. Talk about going out with a bang!

My doctor requires a 10 day pre-op diet, so I scheduled my surgery date so I wouldn't have to start the diet until two days after Thanksgiving.

So far it's not too bad. I had a pretty serious caffiene addiction going on as well (maybe a six pack of Diet Cokes a day). I cut back the week before the diet started, but I am still experiencing some wonderful headaches on day two of the diet. I suspect this will get better over the next couple of days.

My program is very Protein intensive. I am eating lots of New Direction Meal Replacements along with Protein Bars as suppliments. So far all the New Direction packets have been really tasty except for the chocolate pudding one (not sweet enough). Everything else including the regular chocolate, the strawberry, the hot cocoa and the chicken broth have all been really tasty. I also got a Cookies and Cream mix from another company which was a little watery, but much better when mixed with skim milk.

The first seven days of my diet, I'm allowed 4oz of meat at one or two meals so that's helping. The Jell-O and sugar-free popcicles help quite a bit too.

So i went to my doctors office today because I wasn't doing well with the Optifast... I think i'm allergic to it. Anyways, I don't have to use the Optifast anymore, I can use slim fast with Soy milk. I like it so much better. YAY. Anyways, if anyone in the Hamilton Ontario area would like to buy some optifast off of me, I'm willing to sell! Let me know!

Meghan

I am still experiencing some wonderful headaches on day two of the diet. I suspect this will get better over the next couple of days.

Day 4 - Monday

Got headache still....

ya I hope these headaches are going to go away...

Well, here I am coming to the end of my first day on the pre-op diet. It was every bit as bad as I thought it would be! I felt awful hungry all day, but had to keep going with the shopping, school and kindy run. Even though I felt like falling down from time to time. The shakes don't taste too good either but I'm so hungry I actually appreciate them. Only another 13 days to go.....I'm sure it must get easier?

Well, here I am coming to the end of my first day on the pre-op diet. It was every bit as bad as I thought it would be! I felt awful hungry all day, but had to keep going with the shopping, school and kindy run. Even though I felt like falling down from time to time. The shakes don't taste too good either but I'm so hungry I actually appreciate them. Only another 13 days to go.....I'm sure it must get easier?

Believe me it does. It doesn't taste any better (Optifast that is) but you definitely get over the hunger. I have been on this for nearly 4 weeks - my op is on Monday. I was so busy yesterday that I forgot to have my shake for dinner. I find that if I have my 2 cups of veges during the day I am way less hungry that night - I think it must be the fibre in the vege.

Keep going just need to remember that in the end it will make your recovery easier and with the band the weight you lose will not come back.

Danna:biggrin1:

Any

I sat down with the surgeon and told her that I can't stand those shakes (too sweet) and she said that I can take any bean Soup or vegetable soup or any soup with a little bit of chicken and put it in the blender with some Protein Powder and the Fiber will help keep me full. It really does make a difference with both the hunger and the taste.

I've been on this since the 19th - and now doing quite well. But I do strange things to distract myself - like went and bought a new car Sunday night . . .and did a road trip to Disneyland yesterday to test it out and see the holiday decorations! Took 3 of the AdvantageEDGE Protein drinks by EAS with me . . . and kept buying Water . . . and it was workable! Even with all the smells and SIGHTS of food everywhere . . . I was able to hang in there and walk the entire park . . . (I must start walking MORE). Hang in there!

Chris

Chris... less then a week for big day =P

I'm still on protien shake, but I dont seem to have the headache today. Which is good.

Got back approval for vaction on Dec3-7.... didnt tell work it was for surgery yet ;x

I'm sure im loosing some weight but got no scale at home =P

i'll wait to step on a scale on day of surgery.

Yes we're on countdown until Monday . . . ugh . . . I just wish it was now! You're in Irvine (if I remember from some thread somewhere) . . . I'm in San Diego. Have my preop class tomorrow . . . I'm taking off the week of the 3rd also, but I did tell them why. Plan on being back to work on the 10th :)

Best of luck!!!!

Chris

ya im from Irvine not far from San Diego.< /p>

Does the doctor got you on all protien drink diet or mixed? Mine is all protien drink and lunch (drink w/ protien bar)

well... good luck and hope to see more of your post on how you doing after surgery ;p

I started mine on November 13 thinking my date would be the 27th. then my date got rescheduled. I went out to eat last night, I guess partly in rebellion. I didnt' think it was right for them to reschedule me and add another week of liquids to my preop diet. so, yes, I cheated.

May I call you Ant? Have to call you something . . . or another name would work too (I amuse myself). My diet is 3 Protein drinks and then a meal with 3 oz meat (protein), 1/2 cup veggies, 1/2 cup carbs and 1 cup salad - dressing on the side. Also 1 tennis ball sized piece of fruit. I can eat the food any time during the day. I usually have an apple during the early afternoon, and, because I'm lazy, a lean cuizine for dinner with broccoli I steam on the side. Usually skip the salad . . . again the word lazy comes into play here . . . actually - think I 'll head to store and get some more broccoli for the LAST 5 DAYS (Sunday . . . nope . . . they said eat "regular" Breakfast (and what the hell does that mean? my favorite "regular" Breakfast would be an omlete, hash browns and pancakes .. . don't think so this time!). Good luck . . . keep us all posted . . . I'm getting ancie (like I know how to spell that?)

Chris