Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days post-op yogurt and peanut butter???

i am starving and I cant stand the Protein Shakes. I tried calling the hospitals hotline to no avail. What should I do? Haven't had any Protein all day.

6 minutes ago, sheademo29 said:

Add some unflavored Protein Powder in it.that should help

I'll try it :( I just soooo hungry!

I had a similar problem. I couldn't stomach any Protein Shakes. I ate high Protein yogurt and drank fairlife milk. I divided the milk into 4oz portions. I also drank Campbell's chicken noodle Soup broth only. It filled my insides and made me feel better. Good luck!

25 minutes ago, gabybab said:

I had a similar problem. I couldn't stomach any Protein Shakes. I ate high Protein yogurt and drank fairlife milk. I divided the milk into 4oz portions. I also drank Campbell's chicken noodle Soup broth only. It filled my insides and made me feel better. Good luck!

Omf thank you feels amazing to not be the only one will stack up on those tomorrow. I have been crying so much I am so frustrated and upset. I did hear about fairlife I cant drive so I have to wait on someone to take me. First thing tomorrow. God bless you!

On 04/02/2019 at 19:17, iliana00000 said:

i am starving and I cant stand the Protein Shakes. I tried calling the hospitals hotline to no avail. What should I do? Haven't had any Protein all day.

That’s so unbelievably irresponsible! I had the same issues after my shoulder surgery. My surgeon’s residents failed to page her when they should have. I almost filed a complaint but it worked out.

Protein wise there are so many options. Progenix is really good but pricey. Cookies and cream is like ice cream. Sometimes I even freeze it and eat with a spoon. Get some unflavored to add to soft foods you eat and I just got 2 protein powders that dissolve clear but no report back on taste. Don’t give up. I like premier but also like making shakes with better tasting powders. I add it to protein milk for an extra boost.

Instead of Peanut Butter go pick up some PB2! That way its more concentrated Protein, way less fat and you can thin it to the consistency that is safe. Same thing with yogurt, thin it with high protein milk like Fairlife.

On 04/03/2019 at 03:19, KCgirl061 said:

Instead of Peanut Butter go pick up some PB2! That way its more concentrated Protein, way less fat and you can thin it to the consistency that is safe. Same thing with yogurt, thin it with high Protein milk like Fairlife.

PB2 is amazing! I make a shake with PB2, honey, strawberries, banana, double scoop of whey, almond milk and Greek yogurt. So much protein and Vitamins and then I freeze it to be “ice cream”

Where do you guys buy PB2? I am sure I can get it online, but is it in any local grocery store chains?

Also could probably try nonfat cottage cheese. What Protein Shakes do you have that you don't like? There's so many options. I will forever hawk NowSports Soy Protein Isolate off Amazon. lol. Getting in fluids is more important right now than meeting protein goals.

Edited by mousecat88