Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is April 4 andmy doctor told me to start taking my Vitamins last week. I was told to take Flinstones Multivitamins but I remember reading an article online saying they're actually not as good as other multivitamins. I dont know. I'm trying to salvage my hair and such. What were you told to take? For people who've already had the surgery, what helped you?

My dietician does not recommend flintstones, vitamin patches, or the Vitamin kreurig thing. She recommend the Bariatric Advantage chewable and then 2 cal chews- i take the BA solo with Iron and then 2 hours later a cal chew and then a few hours later another chew. She said your body won't obsorb the Calcium if you take right after the pill. After having the sleeve I developed a horrible texture issue and couldn't do the chews. They were like a super thick flintstone and made me gag

mine said Flintstones but I'd read quite a bit about them not having everything we need. I asked the nutritionist about Centrum (or the generic equivalent), and she said those were even better. Not sure why they just don't recommend Centrum instead. Although my surgery was almost four years ago - maybe they do recommend Centrum now (??). At any rate, I've been taking them this whole time. chewables for the first few months, regular tablets now.

Well your next labs should tell the story, if they are cool, then you've got it beaten. I was mildly deficent in D, well who isn't in the American Midwest? We don't want frostbite or to wet ourselves before we peak down all the layers. Also added Ferrocite, I was getting some Iron in my prenatal Vitamins, yeah my dietician recommended them, but not enough. Well evidently it still wasn't enough because I had an Iron INFUSION on March 11th. It wasn't that bad but as my body came to terms with it I had a tsunami of fecal urgency, black, sticky at first but on and on until the last three were like filthy mopwater. Did I retain enough? Geeze, I hope so, my PCP told me, he didn't order it , my Bariatric surgery people did that, that I might have these every 3 months. That would make the next one
June Tomkitten birthday month, as a matter of fact almost exactly it. Maybe while we're in Columbus I will take him to dinner. Now that I weigh less than him , he's thinking of asking Dr Needleman himself about whether he would,be a candidate. It would be a fate date , since they share initals. Told him this is one decision you make for yourself, Mama can help and support but it is up to you! I am a whole 20 pounds lighter although he would tell you it's only 15. Do you know how hard I have worked for this day? There was a day where I was over a hundred pounds larger. Not a good time, not a happy time, a heading for my death time. And I dropped weight pretty quick after my PICC line was discontinued, Oh it wasn't,too bad to have, kind of became,my friend, but like my dietary ex- boyfriend, "quick fast-food" I didn't lose that much weight with it around, 1400 calories kicked my tushie badly, was losing maybe a pound a month. Wow I am back to my Golden Honeymoon of WL. Anybody want to know what I weigh now? Gonna tell you anyway! 234.6 pounds, now all you peeps that started in the 200s and are now trying discretely to stifle a yawn, Moi. started this endeavour at 365+, I say plus because after I was weighed at that point I refused to climb upon a scale again. Figured the next step was Farmers Equity where they weigh out feed. Might have considered offing myself but feared I'd miss and how do you explain that burned part in your head where the bullet creased your head. Oh I can shoot animals, I just draw the line at ME. Someday I'll tell the story of how Late Lamented and I went deer- hunting. I shot a 10 and half point buck, he just cursed his fool head off because I shot that buck, he winged a tree limb. Never went hunting again. Okay I shot my quota of squirrels and such with my Daddy and my custom - painted rifle. In those days you couldn't get pink camo so Daddy's friend customed for me. Why did I learn to hunt? Well my boy cousins wanted to, so why shouldn't I? Late Lamented called it the candy Stick but it shot straight and true. Actually shot the deer with HIS gun, he didn't think I could do it! Don't challenge me, I play for keeps, and that's how it's gonna be with Weight Loss, might not lose as fast as the younger chicks but I am in it to Win it, and Win It I Shall.
A joke about my Redheadness. Do you what aredheaded woman driver is like? We're a lot like blonde ones except we will lconvince you That Accident was all Your Fault!

I’m switching to Bariatric Fusion complete. $25 a month, 4 chewables a day that you can take 2 at a time. It’s all I’ll have to take. No additional pills except maybe Iron since I’m not absorbing it and my B12 shots that I’ve been doing for a few years. I figure $25 a month for almost all my Vitamins isn’t bad.

I’m switching to Bariatric Fusion complete. $25 a month, 4 chewables a day that you can take 2 at a time. It’s all I’ll have to take. No additional pills except maybe Iron since I’m not absorbing it and my B12 shots that I’ve been doing for a few years. I figure $25 a month for almost all my Vitamins isn’t bad.
Don't you also have to take Calcium?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 03/30/2019 at 22:16, Briswife15 said:

Don't you also have to take Calcium?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Not according to my dietician. This has everything. They don’t taste as good as the bariatric ones from Vitamin Shoppe but the fewer pills the better!

On 3/25/2019 at 10:23 PM, Alikiinz said:

If you look at the section where it says magazine it will go into more details why flintstone is a bad choice...

Yeah I read that but honestly I'm kinda lost I don't know which one is best if not flinstones...