Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

59 minutes ago, SeattleLady said:

Thank you for answering! Had you plateaued with your sleeve?

No, in fact, the losses slowed down after the revision. But, I don't know if that had anything to do with the surgery or just that I was so close to goal.

I am not sure what to think. He is loading me up with prilosec and zantac. I am going for 2 tests but he is blaming me for my issue. I am beside myself. He told me I am not eating to help my acid reflux.

Sent from my LGLS991 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am not sure what to think. He is loading me up with prilosec and zantac. I am going for 2 tests but he is blaming me for my issue. I am beside myself. He told me I am not eating to help my acid reflux.

Okay, I don't know you or him. However, if a doctor blamed me for my GERD? I fire his butt, write a bad review and move on to somebody else. GERD is not uncommon. Don't be a victim. Find someone new. You deserve better!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Does he think you wanted or planned GERD? He is the wrong gender for my usual retorts I will say Bye Bye Philippe, don't want one of your thick medical books to bonk you on the head, although it would be Karma after all. And you do deserve better th an that guy. I am happy to see Ed's relative beat his carcinoma, my first cousin June- Ellen did not, died on the table at the Cleveland. Clinic, 3 years ago . And I still miss her so, she just thought she had indigestion from too much chili and other spicy foods. Maybe if they found it sooner?......but then we just don't know, hindsight is 20/20 . But her death made me continue on my trek towards an RnY, I didn't want to share her fate!

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

But her death made me continue on my trek towards an RnY, I didn't want to share her fate!

I' glad you're still around. :D I hope you live to 100

Hello Lisa,
I had a gastric sleeve 2 1/2 years ago and also had severe Acid reflux / Gerd. I was sick six out of every seven days on average.
I tried behavior modifications and several medications but they only worked for a short time.
I became more and more concerned about Esophageal cancer so I finally had RnY revision surgery January 30, 2019 (about eight weeks ago).
Since then I have had essentially no Acid reflux. I am still adjusting to the new diet regimen and yes it seems a little more restricting than my experience with the sleeve but I am progressing nicely and believe I made the correct decision.
So I say do it. You won’t regret it and you’ll probably loose more weight.

After a year and a half with severe GERD, including aspirating some vomit into my lungs while I sleep I’m getting converted in a week. I got approved in less than a day. I did switch surgeons. My original one is a POS and basically wants me to keep suffering. Sorry, I won’t risk a slow death from aspiration pneumonia!

Lisa, a revision for reflux is not considered a weight-loss surgery. I had mine when I was only 20 lbs from goal weight. It is considered a fix to the GERD problem and does not have any weight-based criteria, just the damage caused by the GERD and whether you are responding well to non-surgical treatments.
Did you take Pantropazole or Omeprazole? I have to take at least 40mg daily.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am so afraid of cancer. Right now the reflux is ruining my life. I am eating things that give me relief and they are not on a sleeve diet. How can I find the criteria for a revision? I am upset because me doctor originally was going to do the bypass and never told me it could get worse.

I have to take Pantropazole or Omeprazole, 40 mg daily.

5 minutes ago, chrissymcm08 said:

Did you take Pantropazole or Omeprazole? I have to take at least 40mg daily.

I took omeprazole 40mg twice daily plus Tums as needed. But after 8 months, I was still hoarse most days by 10 am. Plus, they've started warnings about taking omeprazole longer than 6 months. I was showing no improvement. So, we decided on a revision.

A belated Thank You Ed, yeah I hope I do make it there, only 27 more years, after all. Woke up,with my upper arm paining. I hope my,ortho can get it fixed up by removing my hardware that's been there for 9 years since I broke it at work, and Workmans Comp wheels grind very slow, especially when it,is against an self- insured ex- employer. They can be in No Hurry to settle. Suspect,they may have been saying,novena for my early,demise, but fooled them- I kept on living! But this arm is impinging on my Life quality, had to pop a Norco so I could sleep at 3 AM. Got myself a special heating pad from Sunbeam with Velcro straps, I does help a lot, takes the pain down to a dull roar but you aren't allowed to sleep with one on!
And chrissymcm08, I take 60 mg of Dexilent each AM before good. Omeprazole WAS NOT GASTROPROTECTIVE for me, ulcerated under therapy,from my gastroenterologist in late 2017, when they put me on it again post- surgery I developed 2 in my brand- New pouch, and a string of them down my jejunem(second section,of small intestine) and that war is finally being solved when they permitted me to revert,to Dexilent in November. I am the exception to their rule, and I doubt,i ever will be able,to stop this PPI. My firm feelings since I went into this with a history of gastritis and Hector, my then sleeping small Gastric Ulcer, I should have been on Carafate also from the very beginning, never was started until 6 weeks in and we are STILL playing catch-up. That may be why they say Doctors practice, there is always a patient who teaches them One Size does not fit all. Goody my Norco has kicked in, the arm pain is letting up some, do not abuse them, this is still from my Going-home prescription last September. And besides if I were to depend on them like I had to post my last knee replacement in February 2017, I would have gone into ostipation, that's Constipation to the INTH degree! Had to call out major laxatives to get relief from THAT! Feared, at the time, a stick of dynamite was next----- KABOOM KABOOM!💩
But you live-- you learn---and you learn to play the cards you're given in the Game of Life. And I still call my surgery Day the 5th greatest blessing after marriage💍 and the birth of my 3 babies👶. It has been a Life with a lot if Joys, I do have my NSVs, different than some but then we each have an individualized road to ✌ Victory. And yeah with a RnY I was and am GERD -free, And all the rest, it's bottom- line Good after All.😝

Just want to follow this thread I have been experiencing awful heartburn since about 8 weeks post op. My doctor has me on 40mg of pantoprozole but I am terrified to take it long term. I have tried to ween off and switch to an h2 blocker (famotidine) it helps but I still have breakthrough symptoms.
I never had heartburn pre op so I never realized how awful it was and the dangers of GERD scares me to death. I also am scared to take a PPI long term because it's not good for you.
I am 4.5 months post sleeve and most have told me to wait that sometimes it gets better. Here's to hoping.
some days are better than others but I am just trying to educate myself if this is the path I need to take.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

After a year and a half with severe GERD, including aspirating some vomit into my lungs while I sleep I’m getting converted in a week. I got approved in less than a day. I did switch surgeons. My original one is a POS and basically wants me to keep suffering. Sorry, I won’t risk a slow death from aspiration pneumonia!
You are telling my story. I am switching to another doctor and my appointment is Apr 29. I am so upset he was such a jerk last Monday to me.