Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well today is Surgery Day! I pray that everyone has a safe a fast surgery today. I pray that we all recovery and hopefully not be in so much pain. I continue to pray for strength in all of us and courage to continue this journey thereafter. Many blessings to each and everyone of you today. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope ur doing good. Had mine this morning so far so good

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery was Monday. No nausea, thank goodness but the incision pain has been horrible. I walked all the gas out before I left the hospital. All people talked about was the gas pain...I guess I missed the part about in incision pain. Had some chicken broth today that was fabulous. Please remind me the first couple weeks are the hardest!

Hope ur doing good. Had mine this morning so far so good

I'm doing well thanks for asking... I was released from the hospital yesterday my surgery was on Monday they didnt want to release me because I wasn't drinking g enough fluids. It was so hard to get anything down. But I fell much better now. I didnt really have any gas pain, it was more nausea for me I threw up twice after surgery. But I'm home now resting and keeping hydrated. How was your surgery?

I'm doing well thanks for asking... I was released from the hospital yesterday my surgery was on Monday they didnt want to release me because I wasn't drinking g enough fluids. It was so hard to get anything down. But I fell much better now. I didnt really have any gas pain, it was more nausea for me I threw up twice after surgery. But I'm home now resting and keeping hydrated. How was your surgery?

Surgery was Monday and I was released tues afternoon. Its really hard getting enough fluids that's a struggle 4 me now that I'm home. Also I keep making gurgling noises when I drink lol. All in all I think I'm doing ok though

Surgery was Monday and I was released tues afternoon. Its really hard getting enough fluids that's a struggle 4 me now that I'm home. Also I keep making gurgling noises when I drink lol. All in all I think I'm doing ok though

Yea drinking was a big issue for me, but this morning I started off drinking some of my Protein Drink. Then an hour later I had a small amount of yogurt and took my pain meds and went to sleep. I woke up and had some more of the Protein Shake and I will be sipping on Water and later I will have some broth.. hopefully I get enough fluids in today. Only thing is I'm not sure if I'm going over the amount or if I'm under.. I was able to pass gas last night (sorry TMI ) but they kept asking me if I did or not. Lol

Yea drinking was a big issue for me, but this morning I started off drinking some of my Protein Drink. Then an hour later I had a small amount of yogurt and took my pain meds and went to sleep. I woke up and had some more of the Protein Shake and I will be sipping on Water and later I will have some broth.. hopefully I get enough fluids in today. Only thing is I'm not sure if I'm going over the amount or if I'm under.. I was able to pass gas last night (sorry TMI ) but they kept asking me if I did or not. Lol

I started my Protein Shake today too and I think its helping. Yesterday I tried the clear Premier Protein and that didnt sit well with me blahh, so that was a set back with my liquids.< br>

I started my Protein Shake today too and I think its helping. Yesterday I tried the clear Premier Protein and that didnt sit well with me blahh, so that was a set back with my liquids.

Yea I dont like the clear Protein Drink it's too sweet for my liking. I think the Protein drink really helps alot. But so far I have lost 12 pounds since starting this journey in January I'm really interested on how much I will lose over the next few months. I started at 252lbs

I'm really curious to see how much weight I lost since surgery but I still feel so bloated so I don't want to get discouraged if I still have Water weight from surgery. I started 264 in jan and my surgery weight was 235. I'm excited to see how the weight comes off us too

I'm really curious to see how much weight I lost since surgery but I still feel so bloated so I don't want to get discouraged if I still have Water weight from surgery. I started 264 in jan and my surgery weight was 235. I'm excited to see how the weight comes off us too

That's awesome.. yes I feel so bloated too its crazy... but I'm excited

I hope everyone is doing great post op. Mine was April 23, 2019. Today is April 27 and I am 16 pounds down. Pain is gone, no nausea. Sometimes a little discomfort when drinking broth. I am not feeling any hunger. However, I am very tired and sleepy alot. Maybe it due to the low calories. Tomorrow I start the Protein Shakes.

When is everyone returning to work? I was told I can return Tuesday the 30th.

Good luck to all of you and enjoy your start to a new and better life!

I had surgery on Thursday, went home on Friday. Getting enough liquids was a struggle. I’ve always been a Water drinker, but since surgery it tastes like metal. Now I’m drinking 4oz of broth an hour. I’m going to try to drink some shake again tonight. Overall I feel good. The nausea is almost gone, as is the gas. Like you guys, I’m really interested to see what my weight loss will look like.

Edited by AngieBear

April 18th here

10 hours ago, AngieBear said:

I had surgery on Thursday, went home on Friday. Getting enough liquids was a struggle. I’ve always been a Water drinker, but since surgery it tastes like metal. Now I’m drinking 4oz of broth an hour. I’m going to try to drink some shake again tonight. Overall I feel good. The nausea is almost gone, as is the gas. Like you guys, I’m really interested to see what my weight loss will look like.

AngieBear I had my surgery on the 25th. I did not have a problem getting Water in before surgery but now it needs some added flavor to go down. Popsicles are the easiest way for me to hydrate. Also I like herbal or fruit tea. I’m still nauseous when I’m drinking the Protein Shake. I have tried different kinds and they all seem very heavy. I’m going to try watering them down half with water. Good luck staying hydrated and let us know how is going.

The day is finally here. Heading to the hospital. Good luck to all having surgery today.