Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a big fan of Isopure. Even now, 4+ years after surgery, I have 2 servings of Dutch chocolate flavored powder with Water daily.

Good luck! You are not alone!

How thickly lumpy do you like it? If you insist on not blenderizing, at least get a bottle containing a mixing ball, it does make a difference. Mine also has a straining circle, keeps you from a mouthful of congealed lumps. But my advice is even if it's a cheap generic one, those personal blenders with the cup are very nice, good models are $14 and up. I went to a Nutriblast and am having a blast using it!🍶

I use GNC Lean shakes pre-made. They're made with Sucralose.

3 hours ago, Medowsweet said:

My dietitian said to start sampling Protein Shakes and find one I like. I don’t like aspartame or steivia, but I like Splenda and monk fruit

I like chocolate and vanilla and hate anything with banana

Suggestions?

Are you pre op? If so, don’t invest too much or over stock Protein Shakes. Your taste buds may change after surgery. The good thing is you won’t be drinking them forever. shakes are for the first stages when your restriction is tight. You will go on to real food and won’t need them.

Another option to have on hand is zero carb Isopure Protein drink/ Water. Its hydration and protein all in one. It’s also not a thick as shakes. 160 calories 40 grams protein 0 carb

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Best-Isopure-Variety-bottles/dp/B00J5HKOK0

You can always buy vanilla shakes and add thing to them for a variety of flavors.

download.jpg

51z+JU2jPHL._SX425_.jpg

hello. i have been sampling many Protein Shakes. being a guy who is undergoing surgery soon, flavor is very important. if i cant drink something while i recuperate, then how do i keep faithful to the requirements of surgery?

im not trying to sell you on something for a company. but im dropping this link. its very high in Protein because im a former athlete at 6'3" and i dont want to lose all muscle because of the work i do.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UNK7LM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

on the Premier Protein. i have the vanilla flavored. it tastes horrible by itself. my mother in law who also had the surgery drinks it with yogurt. i drink it with a packet of agave sugar. and it tastes like a vanilla shake from mcdonalds. i recommend it for diets under this stipulation. it does not taste good by itself. you can certainly drink the premade shakes but financially its cheaper to buy the powder on Amazon and it comes in a big size.

i have tried fitcrunch as well. its expensive for the size but the taste is pretty good. a little sweet for my taste though.

these are my opinions on products. good luck!

I've tried many different and I hate Premier Protein because of the metallic artificial sweetener taste it has. My favorite all around has been Body Fortress Isolate with unsweetened almond milk. They only have chocolate and vanilla in the isolate, but it's only 1 gr sugar. Their regular super advanced whey Protein has 3 gr and have many flavors, all of which I like, except Cookies and cream. I also mix the flavors for new combinations.

On 3/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, Medowsweet said:

My dietitian said to start sampling Protein Shakes and find one I like. I don’t like aspartame or steivia, but I like Splenda and monk fruit

I like chocolate and vanilla and hate anything with banana

Suggestions?

I am allergic to aspartame and soy. So I use the Garden of Life Raw organic Meal in chocolate of course. I put in it a small hand shaker with the metal ball, use Water on the road or at home Almond Milk unsweetened.

I have used Protein Shakes in the past for supplementation and I like the Unico brand, lots of flavors and meets typical guidelines for Protein shakes after surgery. The birthday cupcake flavor has a strong taste of artificial sugar but the chocolate Peanut Butter and the Cookies and cream are my favorite. They have 1g of sugar for all flavors, are Keto friendly, and all except one are gluten free. The best part is they have samples you can buy before committing to a huge tub of it. I have had them with Water, milk, ice, and blended and they're all good.

Muscle milk has some really good flavors as well which you can get just about anywhere. GNC is decent as far as taste but for the price I'd rather go with muscle milk, especially for the ready to drink.

This is my go to protein:

https://m.idealfit.com/sports-nutrition/ideallean-protein-mint-chocolate/11367322.html

It tastes great and not grainy at all and it doesn’t have aspartame or stevia. 1 scoop has 100 calories 3grams of crabs and 20 grams of Protein.