Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV's Spring 2019 Edition

NSV - Memorial weekend project. I’m able to be on my knees for hours installing tile.

20190525_195722.jpg

Here's today's NSV... I have had clothes in sizes 16 - 24 in my closet for years and years. Today I was sick of having to dig through hanger after hanger to find something that fits.

This is mostly pants, skirts, and jeans. I pulled anything that was bigger than a size 18. My closet is much emptier now and I'm thrilled!20190527_101924.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Did the same thing this morning, my local Goodwill,will just love me. Their stock of 3x-4x-5x is about to be replenished, may some chick who's the Size I used to be have joy with them all!

Had a physical for employee insurance. They are using waist circumference instead of BMI. My waist was 26 inches. Last year my waist was 44 inches!

Congratulations Debberlee, I went from 60 to 38, not bad for a Old lady the same approximate age as Dirt, I always had an "out of proportion" smaller waist, this tells you how Dang Big I was Before! And it Ain't over yet!
Well, if they don't say so, I vote you "Employee of the Year" and I am awarding you a 🏆 Trophy, because I know you went through a lot to get down here!

I just went on the trampoline we have in our backyard with my daughters - it was so much fun!!!

An NSV from the odd files... since I've gotten home from the hospital, I sleep through the night without having to get up to use the bathroom. This is astonishing to me, as I've always gotten up at least once to pee every night for as long as I can remember. I'm getting all my fluids and more, so I can't attribute it to dehydration. I'm wondering if it's connected to the fact that my blood sugars are super level, and I'm no longer on my diabetes meds.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I am a happier camper tonight. TODAY I bought my first pair of Junior-sized Capri leggings. Okay, they are a 19 but in the NSV world we live in thats a Big ✌ Victory. Did not have to jump up and down to get into, didn't have to lie down on a bed to pull up or zipper them. Don't laugh ,my peeps, but they slid right on smoothly. Just enough snugness that it was like Shapewear and smoothed my blobby globby thighs into smoothness, and if I say so, I look pretty good. Now I want another pair, these are red like a bandana, maybe a navy blue or grey Heather? Less than $4 in price, so wouldn't strain my budget to buy another. And back when I was a 28-30 W I would never believe I could achieve this before my 1st year was up. Don't know if I'm brave enough to wear them out in public, even though I have seen people who must have been dressed by someone who hated them severely. But even if I am at the upper edge, I once again am a Junior-sized person. Yippee Yahoo!

Well I just went into my profile, tried to update it, Ken and Alex once promised to fix the Phone App. so it would work as well as going in from personal computer. Things I tried correcting Weight-199, first surgeon appointment 7/17/2018 Hospital O.S. U. Columbus Ohio Surgery Date 9/05/2018 Surgeon Bradley J Needleman MD, it did have my goal at 175, that's true but when I attempt to correct the rest it's like Teflon, nothing sticks, everything sl8des off into oblivion. If our Electronic Gurus would only fix it
A MAJOR NSV in my life!

I have a IAT, (it's about time) Precious Pouch decided last week that she would tolerate Greek Yogurt, so that gives me an additional Protein source, now if she would only condesend to tolerate. cottage cheese, I used love and eat a lot of 1% milkfat kinds. And I might be able to stir in pineapple, something with a higher Fiber content. I teeter on the border of another milk and molasses enema, even with 2 Miralax a day. Not so much hard firmness as the fact my rectal muscles are tired, weary and 73 years old. Everything gets crammed down there by peristalsis but then they refuse to push it out into its designated receptacle. My hips have gotten smaller but at times I stagger like a toddler with a Full Diaper. And having to ask professional people for help when it is something your body should do on its own? EMBARRASING extremely EMBARRASING! Who wants "Lady with colon full of excretement" on their medical paperwork?

I have a bunch of pairs of NYDJ left from when I lost weight on Phentermine in 2012. Pre-surgery I was wearing a 22W. Today I fit into 14s! The smallest I HAVE, and I thought I was thin at the time, are 12s. Guess if I keep losting I will be needing some smaller jeans!

Wooohoooo everyone! I just found this thread! Is it still in effect for Summer 2019? :) I rarely do the NSVs, cuz everyday feels like an NSV to me these days and I don't wanna hog the NSV threads! But I had to share this cuz I just had a realization! For the last 2 mornings, I "ran" for 60 minutes and 65 minutes continuous at a 3mph (about 5kph) rate. :) That means, I ran 3.1m yesterday and 3.2m today and guess what? That's a freaking 5K!!! Wooot! I will take that any day of the week!! Yay me. NSV!

image.thumb.jpeg.98e3d9f88630038dbdc0f668aaf9daf9.jpeg

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Wooohoooo everyone! I just found this thread! Is it still in effect for Summer 2019? :) I rarely do the NSVs, cuz everyday feels like an NSV to me these days and I don't wanna hog the NSV threads! But I had to share this cuz I just had a realization! For the last 2 mornings, I "ran" for 60 minutes and 65 minutes continuous at a 3mph (about 5kph) rate. :) That means, I ran 3.1m yesterday and 3.2m today and guess what? That's a freaking 5K!!! Wooot! I will take that any day of the week!! Yay me. NSV!

image.thumb.jpeg.98e3d9f88630038dbdc0f668aaf9daf9.jpeg

Omg yay!!! Its crazy what you can do now that would have been a total non-starter just last year. RUN, Fluffy, RUN!!!

9 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Omg yay!!! Its crazy what you can do now that would have been a total non-starter just last year. RUN, Fluffy, RUN!!!

I know right? I'm a total me too on your 5K success this week! It's what made me start to wonder just what I needed to do to get to my 5k! Who knew? It's totes do-able!!! Now I just have to figure out how to increase speed!!