Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone. I’m about 11 months post op and feeling very sh*tty. Unfortunately I lost my job a few months ago and lost insurance so I haven’t been able to get my labs done. I never took Iron to begin with, I was told originally I didn’t need it. I now am wondering if how I’m feeling is an iron deficiency? My hands and feet are very cold, almost numb, more often then not. I’m very weak, no energy, not a lot of strength and confused at times, like can’t concentrate...sometime I feel shortness of breath but I thought it was just anxiety about the other symptoms, it’s just an overall feeling of not feeling well.

Has anyone experienced this? These symptoms?

Any advice would help! Thanks so much!

Is there a public health clinic in your area, you may want to see if you can get your Iron checked if you're worried it's low. Some of them let you pay for labs on a sliding fee. I am susceptible to low Iron and am required to take a supplement of 65mg Iron on top of what my bariatric Vitamins have. If you you decide to just try this on your own, make sure that you take calcium citrate also to help the Iron absorb, this needs to be taken at least an hour apart from the Iron or it cancels it out. Good Luck and I hope you feel better.

It’s one of the B Vitamins that causes nervous system issues and is hard to have enough of without supplementation after WLS.

You need to somehow make a plan to check what is going on and address it before you end up with an irreversible problem

I think your right ELCEE. I looked at my labs from October and my B1 was low then and then I looked up symptoms for a B1 deficiency and it’s all my symptoms. I’m going to head to the hospital I had my surgery at bc I feel terrible.

This is what I take and just got my labs back. My B levels are awesome and my energy and cognitive levels are through the roof. I should buy stock in this company. I researched it a lot online and people say their B complex levels are better with zipfizz than with shots from the doctor. Might be worth a try. costco even sells it now.

zipfizz.jpg.c0ffceab974031aa6df8f86dc58afd99.jpg

I’m going to purchase these Ed. Thanks for the tip