Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 hours ago, Jon_gets_skinny said:

Haven’t been on in awhile, but figured I’d throw in an update since my surgery. I’m 6’2” so that helps a little bit with the weight loss, I guess? Lol but my SW was 307, and for about a week or so now I’ve been holding steady at 207. Down 100 pounds and feeling fantastic. I wish I had got this surgery sooner. I honestly wasn’t expecting to get down below 210, it’s incredible. I hope one day I’ll be able to sit down and do a very in-depth post to share for those getting the surgery and give a little inspiration to others. You’re all awesome! Keep up the good work!

Wow time flies! Seems like yesterday we were talking about how to heat up your liquids so they would go down easier! Now look at you 100 lbs down! That's amazing...congratulations 🙌

I had my VSG on Apr 15...I’m down 48 lbs total, 39 lbs since surgery. I’m still struggling to get in 64 oz of fluids a day, but I’m doing better. I have no issues eating or getting in my Protein. I have to keep reminding myself that slow & steady wins the race, but being down 2 clothing sizes (almost 3!) feels great!

Down 86 overall and 60 since operation but the past month I have stalled. Some amazing results for everyone so far keep it up.

On 8/22/2019 at 11:41 AM, Brent701 said:

Hi team April... how is everyone doing?

Stalled out for about 2 months, though honestly I am feeling pretty good. Here are the stats:

High Weight: 376 (March 2018)

14 day diet start weight: 345

Surgery day weight: 330

Current weight: 286.6 (lowest I have seen was 281.4, which is frustratingly close to the 270's).

Reason: My own dang fault. I am eating appropriate amounts now and I get the clues to stop. But it is the little things that add up. Peanut Butter, for example. Best thing that works - drinking A LOT OF WATER! When I catch myself creeping back up to 290, I just hit the Water (or propel or G2) hard for a couple of days.

I’m doing well! I’ve lost 56 lbs since surgery, 83 overall. I feel a million times better. The only issue I’m having is low blood pressure causing some dizziness when I get up too quickly.

Hi! I had RNY gastric bypass surgery April 1 of this year. I've lost 63 pounds. I'm stalled one pound from Onederland but am doing okay. I eat sensibly, almost 100% vegetables with daily servings of chicken or tofu for Protein. I don't do shakes because I dislike sweet tasting stuff. I started walking a week after surgery (my nutritionist thought this was a bit early but I didn't experience pain) then moved up to squats and other light daily cardio exercises. Still haven't been able to run professionally yet but I can finally jog and run alright! Something I could not do when I was overweight. I bought a bicycle a week ago and love it! I ride it through the neighborhood and notice at night my tummy is flat. This feels so great. My thighs are firm, my butt has vanished and my tummy has shrunk away. I had to ditch years' worth of clothes and now have newer, smaller, fitter clothes. Anyone else here still find themselves in the plus size aisle out of habit? Everything there is too big... I cannot believe it...

Please Onederland, let me in... one last pound... let me in...

I am so thankful for this surgery. The adjustments do take getting used to such as not drinking while or near eating, and not being able to eat anywhere as much or as often as before... and eating out, forget it... what's the point...? But not one moment do I regret this. I'm smaller than now than I was in 2002!

Edited by beautifuldaymonster
Bad math!

I should add, my weight at surgery was 263. For some reason that is not showing up in my little panel there.

Went through the closet this weekend and pretty much all my nicer clothes now fit me comfortably again. Month 4 has been disappointing only losing 3lbs but I am starting to feel back to normal.

Hi all April..ers :)

I am feeling great, still have lots more to loose, but my joints are VERY happy these days. I have been in a stall for a few weeks now. I have been letting my pouch dictate my food. I guess I need to be much more mindful about what goes in mouth. I have seen that lots of people state that they eat about 500 to 600 calories a day. I am going to start to log my food. I do believe that I am over the 600 mark. I am guessing that is why I am stalling.

Glad that you all are doing well. and I would be curious how many calories you all eat, or do you even pay attention to calories?

My doctor wants us at 1500 calories by 4 month. I'm in a stall and I have reservations as to whether I should stay under 1200 calories or do what he says. I haven't lost anything in 4 weeks but I seem "flatter" and I've never had so many comments on my appearance as I have now. So many conflicting thoughts and actions. Small but Big. :/

On 9/26/2019 at 2:52 PM, renjenn said:

My doctor wants us at 1500 calories by 4 month. I'm in a stall and I have reservations as to whether I should stay under 1200 calories or do what he says. I haven't lost anything in 4 weeks but I seem "flatter" and I've never had so many comments on my appearance as I have now. So many conflicting thoughts and actions. Small but Big. 😕

Renjen... you have and are doing great! follow your docs suggestions and I know your stall will come to an end. Keep up the great work. Well happy to say that my stall ended and I am again loosing about 1 to 2 pounds a week! I did nothing special to start loosing again although I did track food and found I was eating around 1200 calories a day. I guess that is a good amount for me.

How is team April 2019 doing?

Down 106 still would like to get down 30 more before vacation the last week of April.

HW: 249, SW: 225, CW: 170, GW: 149

April seems so far ago, I had sleeve on April 11th and it went very surprisingly well. I have learned a lot about intuitive eating and how that helps me through the day. I found that tracking my food constantly put me in an obsessive state over food which can feel unmanageable. Now I pick out what I will eat in the morning and stick to it with a general idea of the calories and macros for the day rather than micromanaging a food journal. It helps that I basically eat the same thing all the time.

I had minor stalls here and there, a few pound regain around the holidays, but have gotten rid of all of that. I am looking forward to 2020 being the year I meet my goal weight!

HW 300 lbs., surgery weight 259, current weight 174. My weight loss has slowed quite a bit, which is to be expected. I’m VERY pleased with my progress and getting super close to goal.

I do have low blood pressure now, which is annoying. But that’s the only issue.

Doing great since surgery. I could be doing better to reach my Protein goals but make up for it with a shake. It's amazing how little I can eat still. I can just now finish an egg and haven't yet finished a chobani yogurt. I have about 18 more pounds to loose to reach my goal weight and may have to add in more Snacks after that to stay in maintenance. I'm not counting calories just trying to reach my protein goals right now. Hope all my April 2019 brothers and sisters are doing good! We're almost to our one year anniversary!

HW-240

SW-239.5

CW-137.9

GW-120