Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 27th surgery date

On 03/07/2019 at 18:20, Poppyseed28 said:

I’m scheduled for the 29th as well. I start the preop diet on the 14th

I start my preop diet on the 14 as well

Hi all...I’m new to the forum and I have a March 27th surgery date at St. Luke hospital in New York. I’m really have a mix of emotions but I’m very anxious to get my surgery completed and start my new journey. I’d love to connect with anyone else having their surgery on March 27. Best wishes for everyone!

Hi nycvsg69,

My surgery date is the day before yours. I know there are other March 27th people on here. I'm also feeling nervous and I'm sure it will only get worse as we get closer. I'm really excited too though. This is something that I've wanted for so long. You must be on your liquid diet too. How are you doing with it? The first couple of days were tough for me but I'm fine with it now. Take care.

Started my preop diet a day late but so far so good.

Hi, my GB is March 27th. There are a bunch of us having surgery that day. I don't start my liver shrinking diet until one week before. I'm a little nervous. but mostly really ready to get this going and begin my new life. I have horrible arthritis in my knees, and I'm hoping that with some weight loss the pain will get better.

I think having headached is perfectly normal. As for your other question, no idea. My surgeon recommends using Water for powered Protein Shakes during the pre op diet. Hood luck!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m set for the 27th too. I’m getting nervous. My doctor only requires the preop diet the day before but I’m trying to stay close to just to be safe

Yeah, just over a week away for us!! I start my diet tomorrow, but eating lightly today. I'm not nervous yet, but I'm sure I will be bect week! We've got this!!

Hi guys, I’m Paula. I’m in the approval stage. I’m in St Louis and wondering if anyone else is from my neck of the woods? I have gone through all my pre op stuff required but hit a wall when I had an abnormal ekg. I’m scheduled for some heart work ups this week. Wish me luck! I have not met with surgeon yet, just his assistant. Just wondering if anyone else went through this? I have a hernia, teeny tiny beginnings of an ulcer and reflux. It seems all to be controlled now on meds for about 6 months, so I don’t even know what I should have???? I’m excited for all you that already have your dates! Also anyone been to support groups in your area?

Hi folks, I live in New Zealand and I'm having a by pass on 8th of April. It is nice to read your comments as it can feel a lonely journey at times. I start by 2 week pre surgery diet this weekend and have tried a few of the shakes, Desserts and bars on offer, some are better than others. I start the liquid only 3 days prior to surgery. I'm taking a month off work after surgery does that sound about right?

Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, there! My surgery is March 27th and I'm taking a month off, too. I figured I needed some time to adjust to eating purees before I went back, and I'm sure we'll be tired for the first few weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app