Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monthly weight loss report & goal for next month

Well I got on the scale today.....NOT HAPPY!

211.5 was my weight. AH.......I am not seeing any results at this time...I heard that I may not see any results until after my first fill and that is a month away, Dec. 14th to be exact. I wonder why my doctor, Carlos Ferrari has set his "BALLS" LOL on giving me the first fill no sooner than 6 weeks because I read so many of you are getting fills already and it hasn't been 6 weeks more like 4. I am getting a little anxious here!

Man every Dr is different, if I've learned nothing else on this board.

Had first fill one month after surgery and it's working great!!! Really eating only 600-900 calories a day - walking 60-90 mins now 6 days per wk. Dr. says he wants my fills to be 3 wks apart for the next 4 months...My husband (banded same day) 2 wks apart. He from what I've read is of the aggressive side of fills. If your' working your diet / exercising / & losing....he wants to boost you along.

I'm very happy with the results, Foxy....I know your pain.:)...Same age, same "maybe" social scene. I know I put the extra 70lbs on the last 7yrs due to career networking diners/drinks etc. I still like my "wine" but make sure it's in my calorie count for the day & I've earned the right to have it after a workout...keep it up ya'll....

lu

Well I got on the scale today.....NOT HAPPY!

211.5 was my weight. AH.......I am not seeing any results at this time...I heard that I may not see any results until after my first fill and that is a month away, Dec. 14th to be exact. I wonder why my doctor, Carlos Ferrari has set his "BALLS" LOL on giving me the first fill no sooner than 6 weeks because I read so many of you are getting fills already and it hasn't been 6 weeks more like 4. I am getting a little anxious here!

I feel your pain. I weigh daily but I only take one weight ... and it happened to be today. I'm the same weight. I am trying not to get discouraged. I have my first fill six weeks out on Dec 13. I wish it were today. I am eating so much less than I have in my life and I'm stuck. My cycle started a couple of days ago, so maybe that is it.

Of course, in all honesty, I have not been exercising. I was walking daily right after the surgery, and then I heard walking was not 'exercise' so I quit. Lame.

Judy- who told you walking is not exercise? Walking is wonderful exercise. I know my doctor and it seems the concensus on the board from most people that that was the first thing the doctor recommended they start doing for exercise. Walking is wonderful because it requires no equimpment and you can do it anywhere. I hope you get a chance to start incorporating it back into your routine. I have and it really starting increasing my weight loss results.

Judy....i agree with carrot....i work in a cardiology office, and the doctors give out free pedometers to all their patients and tell them to aim for 10,000 steps per day....one of the docs even says that walking is the best exercise because people are more likely to stick to it because it's easily accessible to everyone - just open your front door and go....just try to do something everyday, being consistent is the key...also...exercise is a big part of the program that you have control over....you just have to tell yourself that you are worth the 30 to 60 minutes a day it takes to help you reach your goal.... even if you don't make the right food choices some days, a little extra exercise can help decrease the damage on the scale, plus it makes your body more efficient at burning calories.....so forget that doctor, put on those sneakers and take a walk !!!!!!!!!!!!

eileen:clap2:

Hi guys, I was banded on 10/26. It took 4 months from my initial bariatric appointment to surgery. During that time I exercised like a fiend (walking program) and dieted and lost 59 lbs. I am a 49 year old male, 5'8" tall. I started at 290 lbs, today I weigh 215 lbs. My goal is to weigh 185 lbs.

It's been just over 4 weeks since my surgery. I've lost 16 lbs since then, so my total weight loss is 75 lbs in 22 weeks.

My results aren't typical, I look and feel great, but I have not yet resumed a full exercise schedule. Adjusting to the band and our new way of eating has been interesting.

I'm not terribly hungry yet, but I think I'll be eager for a fill and some additional restriction in a couple of weeks. I'm still adjusting mentally to my new size and energy levels.

I've got 30 more pounds to goal, but I've been amazed at how rapidly I've achieved my weight loss so far. I'm off of all of my diabetes medications and my blood sugar tests in the normal range now.

Good luck to us all in this journey to better health!

Hi guys, I was banded on 10/26. It took 4 months from my initial bariatric appointment to surgery. During that time I exercised like a fiend (walking program) and dieted and lost 59 lbs. I am a 49 year old male, 5'8" tall. I started at 290 lbs, today I weigh 215 lbs. My goal is to weigh 185 lbs.

It's been just over 4 weeks since my surgery. I've lost 16 lbs since then, so my total weight loss is 75 lbs in 22 weeks.

My results aren't typical, I look and feel great, but I have not yet resumed a full exercise schedule. Adjusting to the band and our new way of eating has been interesting.

I'm not terribly hungry yet, but I think I'll be eager for a fill and some additional restriction in a couple of weeks. I'm still adjusting mentally to my new size and energy levels.

I've got 30 more pounds to goal, but I've been amazed at how rapidly I've achieved my weight loss so far. I'm off of all of my diabetes medications and my blood sugar tests in the normal range now.

Good luck to us all in this journey to better health!

hello, I have no idea if I am resonding to your post but here goes nada. I would so love it if you would share your walking program with me. You may email me at bleeg2000@hotmail.com Thanks!

I feel your pain. I weigh daily but I only take one weight ... and it happened to be today. I'm the same weight. I am trying not to get discouraged. I have my first fill six weeks out on Dec 13. I wish it were today. I am eating so much less than I have in my life and I'm stuck. My cycle started a couple of days ago, so maybe that is it.

Of course, in all honesty, I have not been exercising. I was walking daily right after the surgery, and then I heard walking was not 'exercise' so I quit. Lame.

OMG walking is exercise chica...Don't you quit walking and if you have get back to it! Walking does so much for you and your heart for sure!

Get to walking girl! :D

Walking is a very good exercise for weight management. I'm happy to share what I've learned.

I started at 290 lbs. It's really hard to walk long or fast when you weigh 290 lbs. I started walking every day, at least 1/2 hour a day, rain, snow, sleet, I let nothing get in the way of walking every day. Within 2 weeks I built up to walking 45 minutes + every day. Then I started to focus on distance. By the 5th or 6th week, I was walking 90 minutes at least 5 times per week over hilly routes. I used pedometers to keep track of my steps, but I eventually purchased an accellerometer watch, which let's me track my distance, time walked, average speed, and steps. I record these details daily in a spreadsheet and keep track of my progress. I also limited myself (pre-surgery) to 1200 calories a day.

The idea is to create a sustained calorie deficit over a long period of time. You have to burn more calories than you consume (that's not a big problem post surgery, but you have to focus on eating correctly while exercising before the lapband surgery). Focus on distance first and when you find a good distance to walk everyday, then work on increasing your walking speed. I find that if you walk in excess of 3.2 mph you will burn calories like nobody's business. If you build up to walking as much as 5 miles a day (specific exercise walking - in addition to the other walking you might already do during the day), you can easily control your weight loss rate by the number of days per week that you exercise walk.

Walking is great exercise for several reasons:

1) Walking is the number 1 way to lose weight.

2) Walking is unlikely to cause any injuries, so you will be able to keep doing it on a regular basis for the extended time period required.

3) Walking is an activity that builds upon itself - i.e. you get better at it the more you do it and it gets easier the more you do it.

4) Walking requires little special equipment or location - you can walk in a mall or airport, outside on sidewalks, just about anywhere.

5) Walking results in benefits other than weight loss - better muscle tone, increased libido, better strength to weight ratio.

6) Walking tightens up the muscles and the skin tone - which can get loose with significant weight loss.

Good luck with your walking program - I recommend the book: Thinwalking by David Rivas (or any other walking book by this author - you can probably find in a used book store).

ok since banding ive lost like 15 lbs, almost all of it the first week after surgery. my goal for the next month is 10lbs. Do i think it will happen? no, but at least i can wish!!

<p>yeah, i've been doing terrible.</p> <p> </p> <p>i haven't worked out in 2 weeks (1st week had a sick child, last week..no excuses). i haven't been logging my food. i get my first fill tomorrow.</p> <p> </p> <p>i'm revising my goal of items to do before December 27 (approx 2 months post op):</p> <p>1. go 3 whole days without any sugar or simple carbs</p> <p>2. work out 15 times at Curves</p> <p>3. log my food 25 out of 30 days.</p> <p>4. go on one family/friend outing that does not involve food. </p> <p>5. read a book (i used to love to read, but i'm not a big fan of fiction, and some of the non-fiction stuff is really dry, maybe i will find a self-help book for head hunger..lol)</p>

I am totally up for some December goals!

1. Walk twice a week 30 minutes :)

2. Go to Curves 3 times a week. :whip:

3. Drink 8 glasses of Water daily:spit:

4. Goal to lose 10 pounds. :)

5. To survive Christmas at Mom's house for one week!!! (<- this one is the stretch goal!) :hurt :help: :censored: :rolleyes:

Here's to losing weight over the holidays! :high5:

Surgery: 10/25

Loss to date: 17 pounds in 5 weeks

Frist fill: 12/12

Hunger level: I get a little hungry between each meal. I only eat 1/2 cup servings at a time.

Calories: I currently range from 600-850 a day. I'm trying to stay between 700-800

Protien: averaging about 60-70 a day (one shake the rest solid)

Goals:

1. Continue logging my calories religiuosly and planning ahead for the next day
  2. Try to consume more solid protien and less protien drinks
  3. Reach for 70-80 grams or Protein per day
  4. Walk 3 days a week on my lunch break
  5. To be in anywhere in the 220's by the end of December

I'm looking forward to seeing how my restriction goes after my first fill and how that affects my hunger and weight loss.

Love this group!

I'm game. I have lost 18 pounds since my banding on the 24th. My goal is to exercise at least 3 days a week and to lose at least 12 pounds by Christmas.

Here are my December Goals:

1) Join local gym.

2) Lift weights 2-3 days a week.

3) Do cardio atleast 5 days a week.

4) Get as close to Onderland as possible. (About 13 pounds)

5) Allow myself to start giving away/getting rid of clothes I am growing out of. This will be a step in officially letting go of this weight and trusting it is for good this time.