Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am not eating to much protein a day

It is not good to eat so low, even with weight loss surgery your body needs a minimum amount of Protein to help maintain lean body mass, you don't want to lose muscle.

Are you still pre-op or now post op? It may be useful for you to update your profile so when people respond to your posts that they have sufficient information to respond to.

If you are post-op, how long since your surgery and what food stage of your surgeon's/dietician's post op diet are you at? What about Water or other no calorie fluids, how much are you drinking per day?

It is not good to eat so low, even with weight loss surgery your body needs a minimum amount of Protein to help maintain lean body mass, you don't want to lose muscle.
Are you still pre-op or now post op? It may be useful for you to update your profile so when people respond to your posts that they have sufficient information to respond to.
If you are post-op, how long since your surgery and what food stage of your surgeon's/dietician's post op diet are you at? What about Water or other no calorie fluids, how much are you drinking per day?
I am 1 month post op at pureed stage food. I drink 1 litter a day Water but cant eat to much my stomach hurts when i eat and dont feel hungry too. I am in stall now.i dont know what to do

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

You really should be eating more. If food is bothering you, continue with the liquids. Have you tried sugar-free popsicles? Sugar-free pudding? Applesauce? Cottage cheese? These should go down pretty easily.

Also give Protein Shakes a go, a good quality Protein could give you anywhere an extra 15 to 30gms of protein a day dpending on the shake itself and if you add milk/yoghurt to it.

Have you spoken to your surgeon about your stomach hurting when you eat? Are you eating small mouthfuls, taking your time between mouthfuls, only eating the volume of food specified? Stomach hurting could be a few things: too much acid, eating too big mouthfuls, eating too quickly, eating too much in short period of time, plus other other things...could be a good time to touch base with your doctor.

You don't want to lose too much muscle, it will compromise your health and may make weight loss more difficult in the future.

Also start drinking more Water, your body needs it. Even if its only a small increase every day, until you re getting at least 2 litres a day.

I was told that lack of Protein would slow weightloss. Buy a flavorless Protein Powder and mix it into Fair Life brand milk. Fair Life brand milk has 13g of protein in one cup. And lower sugar. Or you can mix the protein powder into yogurt. Some brands have low sugar yogurt (I avoid the diet sugar yogurts because I hate the taste now). Your food portion should be tiny right now I think 1/4 cup so use a measuring cup to keep the portion controlled until you heal. If you cant tolerate milk you can even add protein powder to Water. For sure drink more water so you can flush out the fat. Also, stalls and long stalls are normal just focus on healing and nourishing yourself.

Stalls are the norm and they happen to nearly everyone. So although you do need to be getting Protein in, it is more than likely unrelated to your stall.

Also give Protein Shakes a go, a good quality Protein could give you anywhere an extra 15 to 30gms of protein a day dpending on the shake itself and if you add milk/yoghurt to it.
Have you spoken to your surgeon about your stomach hurting when you eat? Are you eating small mouthfuls, taking your time between mouthfuls, only eating the volume of food specified? Stomach hurting could be a few things: too much acid, eating too big mouthfuls, eating too quickly, eating too much in short period of time, plus other other things...could be a good time to touch base with your doctor.
You don't want to lose too much muscle, it will compromise your health and may make weight loss more difficult in the future.
Also start drinking more Water, your body needs it. Even if its only a small increase every day, until you re getting at least 2 litres a day.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'll second what @2shea said. You need to add Protein Shakes into your diet. My surgeon had me on Protein shakes days after surgery. I had to get 60g a day right away, and at 1 month post op, I was getting 80g a day.

One of the misconception that some individuals get during the first few weeks after surgery is that they are not seeing weight loss.

When you are in the hospital they pump your body full of fluids. As a result you generally leave the hospital weighting much more than when they entered the hospital. One must first lose this Water weight before your weight loss journey really begins.

Bariatric patients can get away with very low calorie diets because the surgery changes the way our body's metabolism reacts to significant calorie deficits. Nevertheless, there are limits to how low we can go with low calorie consumption and there are certain guidelines that you have to follow for this procedure to be successful--and you're likely below that limit. Consuming too few calories can be just as damaging to your weight loss effort as eating too many calories. You need to be in the happy zone.

One of the main guidelines your surgeon likely preaches is that you must hit your daily Protein and Water goals. This isn't optional if you want to succeed. If you're eating 300 calories a day, you're likely no where near your protein goals. At that number, virtually every calorie you consume would need to be in the form of protein and, even then, you'd be barely hitting your minimum protein goal. Second, you need to also be eating something besides protein--like good, healthy fats that can easily be used for energy. I understand that you're not hungry and it doesn't feel great to eat right now, but you got treat it like you're taking your medicine. It's best to try to get your protein in the form of real food, like eggs, Beans, tuna salad etc. If this isn't possible, a protein shake--like a Premier shake is a good short term option. Obviously, you can't stay in the liquid or even soft stage for ever. You need to eventually progress to solids in order for this to work.

Also, you mentioned that you're drinking a liter of water a day. That's only 33 ounces per day of water. That not nearly enough. You need try to consume at least 64 ounces a day (48 ounces being the bare minimum). Water is the key to so many metabolic processes involved in weight loss. If you don't have water in your system, it's trying to run your car's engine without oil---it's going to seize up. Try to get in 2oz every fifteen minutes. If you don't like the taste of water for some reason, try adding a sugar free flavored power like crystal light. You can also drink diet snapple ice tea, gatorade zero etc. Whatever it takes to get that water in!!!

you're probably just in a stall, but aside from that, you should be eating more and getting more Protein. Your body needs it to heal and to keep your muscles from wasting away.

I keep seeing where people post about adding Protein powder to foods to increase intake. Where does one find flavorless protein?