Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At my goal weight a week away from 7 months post-op

I am jealous of your problem. LOL. I am losing way too slow for my personal taste.

16 minutes ago, AlteredReality said:

I don't exercise as much as I would like to, but it seems I am always on the go. I don't sit still for very long

Sent from my Z982 using BariatricPal mobile app

I would pay money to see your food logs. I have got to know your secrets. lol!

I am jealous of your problem. LOL. I am losing way too slow for my personal taste.
I'm losing too fast in my opinion. I change clothes sizes literally every three weeks. I'm now down to 158 lbs.

I would pay money to see your food logs. I have got to know your secrets. lol!
Believe it or not, I literally eat off and on all day. I don't stay satisfied for longer than two hours and my food digests in about thirty minutes. So I get hungry fast, because my metabolism has sped up so much

4 hours ago, AlteredReality said:

Believe it or not, I literally eat off and on all day. I don't stay satisfied for longer than two hours and my food digests in about thirty minutes. So I get hungry fast, because my metabolism has sped up so much

Can you explain your daily food and how often you eat. What you eat. What Vitamins you take daily. What exercise you do... I'm very intrigued by you!

Can you explain your daily food and how often you eat. What you eat. What Vitamins you take daily. What exercise you do... I'm very intrigued by you!
I take back bariatric melts(vitamins and Calcium citrate). I eat seafood, ground turkey, vegetables and occasionally beef. I eat most of my food at room temperature or cold, because my stomach doesn't seem to like hot food anymore. I eat about 6 - 7 times a day (very small meals) and I have about 3 Snacks (usually nuts, raw veggies or a Protein bar). I drink fluids from the time I wake up until I go to bed, as well as throughout the night. I am still unable to eat 1/2 cup of food. I can barely take in 1/4 cup. I think my not being able to increase the amount that I can eat, is the biggest contributing factor. I try to eat a little more, but my pouch just won't let me and I end up throwing up all my food if I try to overeat. I don't eat any bread, rice, Pasta or sweets of any kind, no caffeine and no carbonated drinks. I stay away from sugars and I limit the amount of fried foods that I eat

As far as exercise...I walk about two miles every other day. On the other days I do lie impact cardio and try to do strength building exercises

You're my inspiration. I really hope the RNY does the same for me to really restrict the amount of food and help me to eat very little and the fact the Vitamins will make up for the lack of food is great. I really wish that I could live off not much at all. I think some people eat too soon and don't allow time for their little pouch to settle, I will be doing liquid and purees for as long as I can and smaller meals as not to stretch the stomach.

I heard from other people you also need high dose B12?

ALSO I'm currently a big Water drinker always have been it will be hard to drink in small mouthfuls compared to my current amount.

I believe exercise is important but take it easy in the first few months.

But in the end is very important to eat Protein rich foods not bad food ever again...

I'm 320 my goal is 180.

You're my inspiration. I really hope the RNY does the same for me to really restrict the amount of food and help me to eat very little and the fact the Vitamins will make up for the lack of food is great. I really wish that I could live off not much at all. I think some people eat too soon and don't allow time for their little pouch to settle, I will be doing liquid and purees for as long as I can and smaller meals as not to stretch the stomach.
I heard from other people you also need high dose B12?
ALSO I'm currently a big Water drinker always have been it will be hard to drink in small mouthfuls compared to my current amount.
I believe exercise is important but take it easy in the first few months.
But in the end is very important to eat Protein rich foods not bad food ever again...
I'm 320 my goal is 180.

You're absolutely right about not eating the wrong foods and yes Protein is the main focus. I stayed on my soft and liquid food a little longer than normal, simply because my pouch was rejecting solid food during the last stage of food introduction. I finally leveled out though. I haven't had a need for extra B12, because my levels are at a normal range. I am however lacking in my zinc. So I am taking an extra supplement for that. Everyone's body is different, so just because some people need extra Vitamins doesn't mean you will. It's all about the food choices you make and finding the vitamins that work best for you.

Wow! Congrats girlie!!! That's amazing and fantastic success!!! I agree with everything that has been said. The body dysmorphia issue is a big one in my opinion! It took looking at monthly photos to understand the changes in my body. I still see myself as bigger than I am. As @Healthy_life said, have someone compare you to people out in public. I'm always amazed when I ask Mr. F. to do that and I see the people he picks!

Keep doing what you're doing. I think you will know when you get to the weight where you need to be. The fat redistributes after about a year. So you won't look like "a bag of bones."

Also, to stop losing, start adding healthy fats into your diet. They take very little extra space, and yet will add calories very quickly. Use full fat items like Greek Yogurt, salad dressings, avocado, butter, olives, olive oil, nuts/seeds/nut butters. It's super easy to get 200-400 extra cals in just from upping fats a little bit! That isn't even huge servings either!

Wow! Congrats girlie!!! That's amazing and fantastic success!!! I agree with everything that has been said. The body dysmorphia issue is a big one in my opinion! It took looking at monthly photos to understand the changes in my body. I still see myself as bigger than I am. As [mention=346625]Healthy_life[/mention] said, have someone compare you to people out in public. I'm always amazed when I ask Mr. F. to do that and I see the people he picks!
Keep doing what you're doing. I think you will know when you get to the weight where you need to be. The fat redistributes after about a year. So you won't look like "a bag of bones."
Also, to stop losing, start adding healthy fats into your diet. They take very little extra space, and yet will add calories very quickly. Use full fat items like Greek Yogurt, salad dressings, avocado, butter, olives, olive oil, nuts/seeds/nut butters. It's super easy to get 200-400 extra cals in just from upping fats a little bit! That isn't even huge servings either!
Thank you. I already implement done of those days into my diet, except for yogurt. My pouch no longer like yogurt sadly

2 minutes ago, AlteredReality said:
18 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:
Wow! Congrats girlie!!! That's amazing and fantastic success!!! I agree with everything that has been said. The body dysmorphia issue is a big one in my opinion! It took looking at monthly photos to understand the changes in my body. I still see myself as bigger than I am. As [mention=346625]Healthy_life[/mention] said, have someone compare you to people out in public. I'm always amazed when I ask Mr. F. to do that and I see the people he picks!

Thank you. I already implement done of those days into my diet, except for yogurt. My pouch no longer like yogurt sadly

Can you drink milk? Like Fairlife Milk? Add a glass of that each day? Make it chocolate with SF Hershey's Choco Syrup! :) ;)

Can you drink milk? Like Fairlife Milk? Add a glass of that each day? Make it chocolate with SF Hershey's Choco Syrup! [emoji4] [emoji6]
I haven't had much success with any form of milk. Not sure why. I keep trying to reintroduce it about once a month. Maybe at some point I will be able to tolerate it again

2 minutes ago, AlteredReality said:
5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:
Can you drink milk? Like Fairlife Milk? Add a glass of that each day? Make it chocolate with SF Hershey's Choco Syrup! [emoji4] [emoji6]

I haven't had much success with any form of milk. Not sure why. I keep trying to reintroduce it about once a month. Maybe at some point I will be able to tolerate it again

Probably lactose intolerance. You can try the ones that are lactose free maybe? You can even make homemade yogurt with them.

Probably lactose intolerance. You can try the ones that are lactose free maybe? You can even make homemade yogurt with them.
I'm not so sure if I have become intolerant to lactose, it's not an issue I had before. I've even tried almond milk and had no success. Where as I used to love almond milk before I had surgery