Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Diet Rant

Warning this rant is a little TMI. lol Weds I started my monthly flow and I started my liquid diet today also pre-admission testing today as well. I have 13 more days to go for my pre-op diet. I told my best friend to do a wellness check on my husband this weekend. lmao It's coming to the end of the day and my stomach wont stop gurgling. Its a loud gurgle sound too. It started happening about 5pm. I've had some looks from people because of how loud it was. haha I've had 4 Protein Shakes, 2 jell-o cups, 2 servings of broth and 50oz of Water. My next Protein Shake isn't for another 1hour and I still have 2 more cups of water to drink. I don't have any food cravings but my stomach says feed me!!!! lol I've had the poos all day with a nasty headache. Just keep telling myself that tomorrow will be better and the day after will be better and the day after that will be better. haha Just feel like crawling into bed and waiting for Feb 1st to get here already.

I started my diet today also and feel any minute I could snap on someone! This is pretty awful but I keep thinking it will get better after a few days.....I know this is the best thing for me and I am trying to keep my eye on the prize. It is very hard. I was a soda drinker and honestly I could care less about the food but I would love a cold pepsi. Good luck. I feel your pain. We can do it!!!!!!

OMG sounds like you want to chew something real bad, even if it's your own arm. Maybe we should get a collection up, but you a teeshirt, logo would read "Dangerous when Peeved or Hungry" LOL but it will get better when your diet progresses through the stages.😛

FYI I wasn’t perfect on the pre op 2 week diet. I did Protein Shakes during the day and then had a little Protein and veg for dinner. My liver was just fine for surgery. I was pretty good the 2 days before surgery and certainly all liquids the day before. Doc said i had a done a good job but also i had a BMI of 34 starting. Just sayin..

I'm on day 3 of my carb free, high Protein diet. Its definitely not fun, but I look at it as, Its going to be my new normal. I need to adjust sometime. My surgery date is Jan. 31st. So we can do this together.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On day 7 of my liquid diet with 7 more days to go and I've lost 15 lbs so far just being on the diet. I'm really excited about the weight loss. I haven't cheated on my diet. I've stuck to 5 Protein Shakes, 64 oz of Water, 2 Jell-O cups and 2 bowls of broth. But I'm so ready for Feb 1st to get here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• AmberFL

2 of the Biggest NSV thus far in my life; 1) my 6yr old daughter can wrap her arms around me for the first time ever! 2) My 12yr old son is having a basketball game for the parents vs. their players and I am playing with him! Its been awhile since I played basketball so I have been practicing lol but I would never had even volunteered to do this 70lbs ago! 
      This surgery has changed my life for the better!
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

That's fantastic!

• Newtransformation79

It has hit me today, as I sit in my chair at work that I don't have my belly sticking out to where it would hit the desk. Oh and I can cross my legs more comfortably. It amazes me just how much I have loss in inches vs actual pounds, I have lost 24 lbs all together. But I believe in inches all over about 3 inches. I am noticing more energy and have pep to my step. My skin is a lot clearer. My watch band is shorter by 3 notches. the little things are what I am noticing. When I bend over I don't feel out of breath or I am going to fall over ( weeble wobble). 
      I am having a hard time with my sweet tooth, it is very hard to not want to get some ice cream or chocolate. Candy I can do without. I have no craving really for that, just chocolate and ice cream. I have gone as far as taking Popsicle and putting them in my mixer with almond milk and making like ice cream with that/ sometimes I have added un-flavored protein powder. 
      I feel better everyday. The energy is great to have with having younger kids and being able to have the energy to keep up. 😃
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Manisha Sharma

Buy Dohar Set Online: Top Picks for Cozy Comfort & Style 
      Check out our top selections for cozy bedding, perfect for adding a touch of style to your bedroom while ensuring warmth and comfort. Find the best Dohar sets online for ultimate comfort and style.

Visit - https://amoliconcepts.com/product-category/throws-quilts-dohars/
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

If anyone has any advice on how to make your stomach feel better after you eat something you shouldn't have or at too fast, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! It's painful on both sides of my abdomen (like to the point I'm doubled over and using a hot water bottle in addition to medicine) and I'm really nauseous (the thought or smell of food is 🤢).
      · 0 replies
    • Mandirigma

Just wondering if any of the Type 2 Diabetics also have there blood glucose go high when having only a Premier Protein drink for breakfast?  How does Premier Protein compare to BOOST Glucose Control in your experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches