Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chewable Multi Vites - thoughts?

Please share your love or horror stories regarding chewable Multivitamins Vitamins. I'm leaning towards ProCare Health w/ 45mg Iron because it's a one-a-day. Not planning on taking them yet, but I'm making plans for what to try first when the time comes.

Please share your love or horror stories regarding chewable Multivitamins Vitamins. I'm leaning towards ProCare Health w/ 45mg Iron because it's a one-a-day. Not planning on taking them yet, but I'm making plans for what to try first when the time comes.
Hey! I'm taking the ProCare Health one a day bariatric Vitamins with 18mg Iron. I started with opurity chewables and could not stand them for more than a few weeks. I haven't had my first labs yet (those happen @6 months out for me, I am currently 3mo). Hoping the labs are fine. I also switched from Opurity chewable calcium citrate (too chalky) to the Celebrate chewables and love them. I'm using Bariatric Fusion sublingual B12 also and so far that's it. The Opurity sublingual B12 is decent too. I always find it interesting to see what others have tried.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm taking GNC soft chews of Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, and Calcium and they work just fine.

20 minutes ago, Hrsnjs said:

Hey! I'm taking the ProCare Health one a day bariatric Vitamins with 18mg Iron. I started with opurity chewables and could not stand them for more than a few weeks. I haven't had my first labs yet (those happen @6 months out for me, I am currently 3mo). Hoping the labs are fine. I also switched from opurity chewable calcium citrate (too chalky) to the Celebrate chewables and love them. I'm using Bariatric Fusion sublingual B12 also and so far that's it. The Opurity sublingual B12 is decent too. I always find it interesting to see what others have tried.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

So the ProCare chewables don't taste like a$$? I'm taking note of all the ones people are noting as most palatable. Here's the list of acceptable multivites given to me by my RD. Currently, I'm taking BariatricPal one-a-day during pre-op, but will have to switch to chewables post-op. I prefer to stick to the higher Iron if I can tolerate it because it helps in preventing Hair loss and also the lesser # of pills per day is ideal. I know all this has the potential to change laster, but I like hearing ya'lls opinions :783_heart_decoration:

image.png.091a44b3f0e5d96e5dc2501ca8216c50.png

Edited by Kimmie K

Here's the whole slew of things I'm taking pre-op and supposed to continue post-op (aside the biotin/collage - that's my choice). So far I feel like a million bucks just after a few days! :

- Multivitamin capsule (BariatricPal 1xday)
- B-100 Complex (NOW brand 1xday)
- Vitamin D3 (Zahler brand - 3000iu 1xday)
- Calcium Chewy Bites (Bariatric Advantage 3xday)
- Biotin (Sports Research 10,000mcg 1xday)
- collagen Peptides (Sports Research 1 packet daily - taken this for 4 months already, makes my hair and nails grow super fast)
- 50 billion Probiotic (Renew Life Extra Care)
- B12 chewable (Radiance Platinum 5,000mcg)

Edited by Kimmie K

I have been taking the Celebrate chewables with 36 of Iron in two pills for about a year.

I never have had an issue but I seem to have a strong stomach.

I don’t enjoy them, but I don’t find them intolerable.

You may want to add sublingual B12.

I use Journey Bariatric chewable Multivitamins that I purchase from the Bariatric Center where I had my surgery done. I am sure I am probably paying more for them, getting them through the surgery center but something as important as my success is worth it. This is the only brand the surgery center sells so it is what they recommend. I pay $25 a month.

image.thumb.png.da3685999b1b875f3b1e2b7aeb26eb67.png

Edited by dathvick

Looks pretty doggone complete to me and $25 isn't all that bad, is it?

30 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

I have been taking the Celebrate chewables with 36 of Iron in two pills for about a year.

I never have had an issue but I seem to have a strong stomach.

I don’t enjoy them, but I don’t find them intolerable.

You may want to add sublingual B12.

Oh yeah! I do take a chewable B12. I'll also mark Celebrate chewable as "not intolerable" :D

I have the Celebrate Multi-Complete 45 chewable in Watermelon and they're not too bad. I just took what the surgeon's staff recommended but I haven't had any problems with them. Don't really want to have to swallow any more daily pills, so a chewable Vitamin is right for me.

If you have any kind of sense of smell stay away from the Bariatric Advantage chewable. They smell like an actual peed in diaper that was left sitting out. Vomitous. The taste is not great and they are huge but the smell is the worst thing. I told the nutritionist and she said yeah I think they are gross too. I had some on my table laid out a few days post surgery (because my place said to get going on Vitamins right away) and my daughter sat next to me and said ew what is that smell, it smells like a pee diaper?! I could smell it on my fingers long after I chewed them. I still have a nearly full bottle and I'd rather lose the $ than open the bottle and smell it again.

1 minute ago, Sweettoothless said:

If you have any kind of sense of smell stay away from the Bariatric Advantage chewable. They smell like an actual peed in diaper that was left sitting out. Vomitous. The taste is not great and they are huge but the smell is the worst thing. I told the nutritionist and she said yeah I think they are gross too. I had some on my table laid out a few days post surgery (because my place said to get going on Vitamins right away) and my daughter sat next to me and said ew what is that smell, it smells like a pee diaper?! I could smell it on my fingers long after I chewed them. I still have a nearly full bottle and I'd rather lose the $ than open the bottle and smell it again.

LMAO! That sounds awful! :D My sense of smell is pretty sensitive so this is good to know! I can't stand the smell of my B-100 Vitamin and honestly couldn't begin to tell you what it equates with. Forget taking it with plain Water too, ick. Thanks for the info!

I’ll second the GNC chewable multis. Cherry flavor is totally palatable. Those, vit D gummies, and sublingual B12 are my daily regimen.

7 minutes ago, elmatador said:

I’ll second the GNC chewable multis. Cherry flavor is totally palatable. Those, vit D gummies, and sublingual B12 are my daily regimen.

Are you guys talking about either of these? I'm not finding chewable tablets for adults...

image.png.75923672ad53493b25e8f80ab91975d3.pngimage.png.df61ae3051f9b42018f68f54dbaec49b.png