Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you really start to see results?

Hey everyone. I am still pretty new to this. I am just a plethora of questions now a days haha. I am exactly 3 weeks and 2 days post op via gastric bypass. From my heaviest of 304 I am now down to 268 pounds. Yes it is nice but I still feel like I see no difference ☹. Others tell me they see a huge difference. I know when it comes to ourselves it is hard to see a difference and we are always our own worst enemy. I know a handful of people who have had this surgery and they tell me 6 months out I will see a gigantic difference. How was it for all of you guys? 🤗🤗🤗

We had the same surgery on the same day. I'm so used to losing weight at a slow pace that I'm blown away by the immediate weight loss after my surgery. In my mind, I should go through a healing process for about a month and then start slowly loosing. I grabbed some pants that I haven't wore in about 6 months yesterday and threw them on and went to work only to realize that they look pretty stupid and won't stay up on their own anymore. LOL I think if we're doing it right, we will retain muscle at certain points which weighs more than fat and lose size. You will be shrinking and not see it on the scale. The proof is in my pants I had to hold up all day yesterday.:lol:

Edited by Ed_NW

Yes we are the hardest on ourselves. I only see it when I put the old clothes on and my husband will say those pants are way to big on you. I even had to go find a BELT. LOL

I have taken pictures weekly since coming home from surgery. That is how i have been tracking.

But it is true. We are hard on ourselves.

I agree with @nenes78. As much as I know I will hate it at the time, taking pictures week by week is the best thing you can do for your peace of mind. 500 people can say you look great and fabulous all day long, but that won't mean Beans unless you believe it yourself. The proof is in the pudding (sugar-free, of course) and that pudding will be your pictures! Do it now before you get too far ahead! :783_heart_decoration:

It felt like forever before I could see it in a reflection. I too took monthly pics and did a comparison collage to see it. I could see some of them, but not others. I think it took about 50lbs to see it on me a little bit.

1 hour ago, Kimmie K said:

I agree with @nenes78. As much as I know I will hate it at the time, taking pictures week by week is the best thing you can do for your peace of mind. 500 people can say you look great and fabulous all day long, but that won't mean Beans unless you believe it yourself. The proof is in the pudding (sugar-free, of course) and that pudding will be your pictures! Do it now before you get too far ahead! :783_heart_decoration:

Yes that is pretty much all I could tolerate at week 3 is sugar free pudding haha 🤗🤗

1 hour ago, Liz The New Me said:

Yes we are the hardest on ourselves. I only see it when I put the old clothes on and my husband will say those pants are way to big on you. I even had to go find a BELT. LOL

Same here girl haha. My husband tells me my pajamas are falling off of me and I am like really? Haha 🤗

2 hours ago, Ed_NW said:

We had the same surgery on the same day. I'm so used to losing weight at a slow pace that I'm blown away by the immediate weight loss after my surgery. In my mind, I should go through a healing process for about a month and then start slowly loosing. I grabbed some pants that I haven't wore in about 6 months yesterday and threw them on and went to work only to realize that they look pretty stupid and won't stay up on their own anymore. LOL I think if we're doing it right, we will retain muscle at certain points which weighs more than fat and lose size. You will be shrinking and not see it on the scale. The proof is in my pants I had to hold up all day yesterday.:lol:

Lets melt those pounds away!!! I cant wait to see the end reaults 🙂🙂

I was wearing size 42 pants now I am in 34 waist. When I pick up the pants I still say to my self there is no way I am going to fit into them. But they slide right on and I am on my way. 😂 pictures and paying attention to how your clothes fit is key.

3 hours ago, mikerobe said:

I was wearing size 42 pants now I am in 34 waist. When I pick up the pants I still say to my self there is no way I am going to fit into them. But they slide right on and I am on my way. 😂 pictures and paying attention to how your clothes fit is key.

I feel you there. It took me a bit to get out of the habit of going into the Big & Tall section.

So, I FELT my first results during the pre-op liquid diet. The lack of carbs made a tremendous difference in the inflammation in my body - after losing 5 lbs, I felt better than when I'd lost 40 in the past. It was eye opening!

From my HW of 280, I saw a difference when I recorded a video of me on surgery day at 259 - and I see a really big difference now that I'm at 239. Now I was in the 230s back in 2017 so I'm not totally ecstatic yet - but when I get into the 220s I might just die of happiness! 😊

Edited by Starry*Night

Laughing with tears of joy here on your behalf💦, may you keep on to victory, I believe you truly can do it!

I’m almost 6 weeks post op, down 23 pounds and the only difference I see is in my face. Clothes still fit the same as well. It’s a tad discouraging but I am doing what I’m supposed to and I know in time I’ll see results. Haven’t been able to work out due to pain but that’s under control so I’m getting back to the gym today. Best of luck!