Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

I still have to buy a bridesmaid dress for my mom’s wedding next month smh🤦🏾‍♀️. Also I’m worried about what I’ll eat because I’m pretty sure that I’ll be sticking to pescatarianism

48 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Hahaha i have no stevia that will travel well in tiny wedding purses so im leaving them behind. I think this is the outfit I'll wear unless something changes

It's a small top and an old size 12 formal skirt (when they meant it... None of this vanity sizing nonsense because it feels like a 6/8) so i can't gain an oz lol

20190507_095319.jpg

You look gorgeous! Enjoy the wedding. I just eat what I want at events, just much smaller amounts--but I generally don't have bad reactions to most foods.

And that vanity sizing annoys the figs out of me. I got size 12s in my closet from like 2005 that I can barely zip but I was slipping into size 8 dresses this weekend like it was nothing. Humph---I still crinkle my nose sometimes when folks tell me "oh, I'm a size 6" and I'm thinking, Bish, no you ain't! :P---((you do look like a size 6-8 btw tho.))

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Hahaha i have no stevia that will travel well in tiny wedding purses so im leaving them behind. I think this is the outfit I'll wear unless something changes

It's a small top and an old size 12 formal skirt (when they meant it... None of this vanity sizing nonsense because it feels like a 6/8) so i can't gain an oz lol

20190507_095319.jpg

Agree, you look gorg!

3 hours ago, YeahOkay31 said:

You look gorgeous! Enjoy the wedding. I just eat what I want at events, just much smaller amounts--but I generally don't have bad reactions to most foods.

And that vanity sizing annoys the figs out of me. I got size 12s in my closet from like 2005 that I can barely zip but I was slipping into size 8 dresses this weekend like it was nothing. Humph---I still crinkle my nose sometimes when folks tell me "oh, I'm a size 6" and I'm thinking, Bish, no you ain't! :P---((you do look like a size 6-8 btw tho.))

Hahahahaha

I feel like my body doesn't want to go below 171. I have seen people post about there bodies having set points that were tough to get beyond. Anyone else experience this? I am a revision from sleeve to bypass. When I had my sleeve I got down to 168 for a short period and then I bounced back and maintained around 170-175. Now with the revision to bypass I have gotten down to 171. I fluctuation up and down 2-4 lbs, but I just seem stuck at a plateau. My diet is not perfect but I stick pretty close on my Keto/low carb diet. I have dabbled with intermitted fasting and was able to lose a pound or 2 when I had fluctuated up but I remain in the 170s. Don't get me wrong I am happy with what I have done it just seems that other seem that I look at others with similar stats to mine just blow by 170s and are in the 130, 140, 150 range so easily.

3 minutes ago, shoregirl75 said:

I feel like my body doesn't want to go below 171. I have seen people post about there bodies having set points that were tough to get beyond. Anyone else experience this? I am a revision from sleeve to bypass. When I had my sleeve I got down to 168 for a short period and then I bounced back and maintained around 170-175. Now with the revision to bypass I have gotten down to 171. I fluctuation up and down 2-4 lbs, but I just seem stuck at a plateau. My diet is not perfect but I stick pretty close on my Keto/low carb diet. I have dabbled with intermitted fasting and was able to lose a pound or 2 when I had fluctuated up but I remain in the 170s. Don't get me wrong I am happy with what I have done it just seems that other seem that I look at others with similar stats to mine just blow by 170s and are in the 130, 140, 150 range so easily.

On most of my dieting adventures, this one included, I always got stuck for a while at a former "maintenance" weight. Since you've maintained at 170 before, your body is probably just thinking it's done. But, if you stay below the maintenance calories, eventually it will have to move.

On 05/10/2019 at 07:38, shoregirl75 said:

How far out are you from your revision?

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:
2 hours ago, shoregirl75 said:

How far out are you from your revision?

My revision was 9/10/18. I am 8 months out.

25 minutes ago, shoregirl75 said:

My revision was 9/10/18. I am 8 months out.

Have you looked into Intermittant Fasting?

On 5/3/2019 at 8:33 AM, Jolexis said:

How is everyone incorporating Fiber into their diet? I have IBS and used to have dumping syndrome BEFORE surgery. Now nothing wakes these bowels up except MOM and senna tea, and I have to get this under control.

My team advised me to add Fiber but I’m struggling to eat anything after I eat my 2-3 oz of Protein. I thought about going back to my GENEPRO Protein Powder to get half of my Protein in for the day and then focusing on the fibrous veggies and Beans for my meals instead of protein.

I was told up until May 1 (my 6 mos) not to add fiber because of a hernia repair. I take Colace twice daily, Magnesium Citrate pill once daily, and Milk of Mag once a week. I did have some senna last night. They finally said I could add Metamucil if I want, but they also said taking the Milk of Mag once a week is fine, too. I will go once a week on the Colace and Mag Citrate by themselves, so still need the MoM to truly go on the weekends.

Edited by mousecat88

On 5/10/2019 at 1:42 PM, sillykitty said:

Have you looked into Intermittant Fasting?

I have played with this a little bit but i struggle with my time frame. I am a nurse full time and i work 6-2 everyday and then go to our business and work 2-630. So, we don't used get to eat dinner until 730-8ish which i hate but i don't have much choice. So, because i get up at 5 and start again struggle to hold out on eating until 11 or 12 let alone 2. I just need to push myself more I guess and quit making excuses...lol

I am just going to have to make the commitment to do IF and see what happens.

33 minutes ago, shoregirl75 said:

I have played with this a little bit but i struggle with my time frame. I am a nurse full time and i work 6-2 everyday and then go to our business and work 2-630. So, we don't used get to eat dinner until 730-8ish which i hate but i don't have much choice. So, because i get up at 5 and start again struggle to hold out on eating until 11 or 12 let alone 2. I just need to push myself more I guess and quit making excuses...lol

I am just going to have to make the commitment to do IF and see what happens.

You can do IF on certain days of the week, so maybe you could work around your nursing schedule?

11 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

You can do IF on certain days of the week, so maybe you could work around your nursing schedule?

I work Monday -Through Friday as a nurse and we own our own business that is open 6 days a weeks. So, i am working 7 days a week (5 of those days are 12-14 hour days). However on the weekends i only have to work at our business so maybe i am do something then? My schedule is just so crazy with my nurses job and all my other time goes into our business that I am struggling stick to the plan with IF. I wake up with good intentions but my hunger gets the best of me..lol. The worst part is i know that if i can get on board and do it the hunger would get better and i wouldn't have the cravings as much.