Jump to content
ร—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mousecat medical/dietary saga thread



Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

I'm basically like a cat trying to cough up a hairball that doesn't appear.

Weirrrrrd :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Total Parents I Nutrition, to give my beleagured jejunem and Precious Pouch some rest, I have a PICC line, which stands for Peripheral Inserted Central Catheter, starts out in my Basilic vein, upper inner surface of left arm, snakes through ever increasing gauge of the venous tree, ending up in my superior Vena cava, the large vein that collects blood from the upper half of my body, it is 48 cm long, a little under 19 inches, about the thickness of a strand of spaghetti, I think it is a 5-French, as a point of reference, most VSG sleeves are 32-35 French, so it is pretty tiny in comparison. I have a clear dressing over it, changed at least once a week, you see a small clear tube coming out with 2 ports on the end, one for IV, one the tube feeding goes through. Really pretty interesting. Does it hurt? Well a little, especially if you accidently tug it a little, but it is bearable, sometimes it itches a little around the dressing. I did have,it infusing all evening and night, 14 hours on, 10 off, but the first of January I was taken back to 12 on, 12 off, that's easier. Start it at 8 pm, take it off 8 AM. And now that I am getting it I do feel better, I was looking gaunt facially, and felt major creepy. The bad news I think,I have hit a stall, I was dropping weight fast when I was teetering on malnourishment and proteinemia, now that I have gotten more healthy IDK what next. The bags hold 3000ml so more than 3 quarts, they go inside a black backpack along with a battery-operated pump. Pretty heavy at the start, but wearable. I have on of my late husband's size 5X jackets I can wear if I am still pumping and need to go somewhere. It is currently clear, a very pale yellow from the Vitamins you put in from a ๐Ÿ’‰, was milky at the start but they have removed the lipids now. I hope to be done in January or February, but not sure if their plan of care at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
parental is the correct spelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Total Parents I Nutrition, to give my beleagured jejunem and Precious Pouch some rest, I have a PICC line, which stands for Peripheral Inserted Central Catheter, starts out in my Basilic vein, upper inner surface of left arm, snakes through ever increasing gauge of the venous tree, ending up in my superior Vena cava, the large vein that collects blood from the upper half of my body, it is 48 cm long, a little under 19 inches, about the thickness of a strand of spaghetti, I think it is a 5-French, as a point of reference, most VSG sleeves are 32-35 French, so it is pretty tiny in comparison. I have a clear dressing over it, changed at least once a week, you see a small clear tube coming out with 2 ports on the end, one for IV, one the tube feeding goes through. Really pretty interesting. Does it hurt? Well a little, especially if you accidently tug it a little, but it is bearable, sometimes it itches a little around the dressing. I did have,it infusing all evening and night, 14 hours on, 10 off, but the first of January I was taken back to 12 on, 12 off, that's easier. Start it at 8 pm, take it off 8 AM. And now that I am getting it I do feel better, I was looking gaunt facially, and felt major creepy. The bad news I think,I have hit a stall, I was dropping weight fast when I was teetering on malnourishment and proteinemia, now that I have gotten more healthy IDK what next. The bags hold 3000ml so more than 3 quarts, they go inside a black backpack along with a battery-operated pump. Pretty heavy at the start, but wearable. I have on of my late husband's size 5X jackets I can wear if I am still pumping and need to go somewhere. It is currently clear, a very pale yellow from the Vitamins you put in from a ๐Ÿ’‰, was milky at the start but they have removed the lipids now. I hope to be done in January or February, but not sure if their plan of care at this point.

Pictures!!! We want pics!!! Let us see your progress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If I find some to send, please remember I am still "A work in Progress" of everyone thinks I'm still big, please remember I WAS BIGGER BEFORE. My current weight is where quite a few started their loss journey, I started at (shudder) 365 for a High Weight! Have to ask my Tomkitten if it can be done from an Android. ๐Ÿ“ฑ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE MY SURGEON. I am scheduled with him for tomorrow noonish for gallbladder removal. He came by to see me personally in the ER after he got out of a 10 hr surgery. He also explained that he made my stomach slightly larger because some surgeon's make them too small which causes issues swallowing and that if later on in life a patient develops an ulcer that doesn't heal, they have to remove the pouch entirely.. so he leaves a tiny bit more so if that ever were to happen, I would still have a stomach. Which makes so much more sense now that I'm not on drugs from my endoscopy.

Anyways, they are admitting me tonight. Surgery tomorrow. Thank God!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good, let's hope this will go a long way to fixing your problems. I do think you're going to get better now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I LOVE MY SURGEON. I am scheduled with him for tomorrow noonish for gallbladder removal.



Please God your surgery is a success and you have minimal discomfort. Ask for all the good drugs!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I LOVE MY SURGEON. I am scheduled with him for tomorrow noonish for gallbladder removal. He came by to see me personally in the ER after he got out of a 10 hr surgery. He also explained that he made my stomach slightly larger because some surgeon's make them too small which causes issues swallowing and that if later on in life a patient develops an ulcer that doesn't heal, they have to remove the pouch entirely.. so he leaves a tiny bit more so if that ever were to happen, I would still have a stomach. Which makes so much more sense now that I'm not on drugs from my endoscopy.

Anyways, they are admitting me tonight. Surgery tomorrow. Thank God!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app


Yay!! I hope it works and you find relief. I be thinking of you!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You and Recreating__Courtney are both having gallbladder surgery this weekend, will be thinking of you both and praying your surgeries go well. Maybe this will give you a degree of relief!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good luck and godspeed for recovery.

Edited by Sosewsue61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

surgery done. they found an ulcer in my intestine that was about to open up and leak stool into my torso! they fixed that and removed my gallbladder. have some pain. will probably be here 2 more nights. sigh.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

surgery done. they found an ulcer in my intestine that was about to open up and leak stool into my torso! they fixed that and removed my gallbladder. have some pain. will probably be here 2 more nights. sigh.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Holy cow! So glad they found those things before they got dangerously bad โค๏ธ

โœจโœจโœจ Sending quick healing vibes!!! โœจโœจโœจ

Edited by Kimmie K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holy cow! So glad they found those things before they got dangerously bad [emoji173]๏ธ
[emoji92][emoji92][emoji92] Sending quick healing vibes!!! [emoji92][emoji92][emoji92]
yeah had they not done the gallbladder they woulsnt have seen the other ulcer until it was way worse off!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mousecat88 said:

yeah had they not done the gallbladder they woulsnt have seen the other ulcer until it was way worse off!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yup, sepsis is no joke! The Universe looks out for us...this is definitely a prime example of that ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • christa_reid

      Hi Iย  am new here and I am going to have the gastric sleeve next month. I have to pay out of pocket so it is going quite quickly. The longer I wait the more bad stories I hear. I weigh 315 and 61 years old so I have a lot to lose. Any advice is welcome
      ยท 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ProudGrammy

      Georgia on my mind - off to grand-daughters high school graduation - she's smart and cute as a button, just like her grammy,โ˜บ๏ธ
      kathy
      ยท 2 replies
      1. SusieQ2019

        Congratulations to her Proud Granny, and wishing her a bright and successful future.

      2. Orchids&Dragons

        Congrats to your granddaughter! Have a wonderful trip!

    • *Meaghan*

      Went to my initial consult with the Bariatric surgeon/ program I chose. Came home with a folder full of information &ย helpful organization of all the testing that needs to be completed while I complete the required nutritional counseling. She also let me know my insurance typically takes 6 weeks to reply with authorization when submitted, so that puts my potential surgery date near the new year if all stays on trackย ย I felt comfortable with her, in our discussions she agrees that I am a good candidate for the Gastric Bypass. I appreciated the 'introduction' class that was given after the consult with the surgeon where I was given this binder of every referral (from her, not my pcp referrals), & contact information for all the testing needed to make my contacts/calls tomorrow morning even easierย I start my nutrition classes on June 5th, so that's when the clock will start toward insurance approval & getting the tool to help me reach my goals
      ยท 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Torie Faye

      I had my Bypass Surgery on 04/25/2019 I'd weighted before surgery 308 and now 285. I get depressed because I thought it would be more. I follow all instructions from Dr.. Green walk every day work out and eating solid foodsย 
      ยท 1 reply
      1. ProudGrammy

        welcome welcome - 23 lbs pre/post op is great. you are doing fine. keep up the good work. kathy

    • MrsGamgee

      Day 5 post-op... didn't sleep great last night, lots of gas pain and it was my first night without using the rx pain meds. I'm tired and feeling rather stupid. My nurse is supposed to call today for a check in, so I'm debating taking a nap now and risk missing her call, or forcing myself to stay awake and pray she calls soon. Also, showering should be considered a workout... just doing the basics used up all my energy. Weight is slowly working its way down. I know that I shouldn't be on the scale yet, but I couldn't resist. I'm down almost 9lb down since surgery. Yay!
      ยท 1 reply
      1. Emilia Danciu

        You are allowed to feel tired, take naps and only do the minimum this soon after the surgery. Listen to your body and be good to yourself at this time. Most important things to care about at this time is hydration and protein. It is a full-time job to stay on top of that and prioritize your energy there for now. Just give your body the time to heal and adjust, donโ€™t rush the recovery.

  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

    1. Keto and Bariatric Surgery

      Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
    2. Little known facts about losing weight after bariatric surgery

      Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
    3. Carbs After Bariatric Surgery?

      Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ร—