Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mousecat medical/dietary saga thread



Recommended Posts

On 1/1/2019 at 10:02 AM, MarinaGirl said:

If your surgeon sees any hernias while operating, will he repair them? I’d ask that question at your pre-op.

And if after surgery you still feel awful, perhaps you should get a second or third opinion on next step(s).

Good luck. We’re all pulling for you.

He said he will repair anything he sees wrong while he is in there. He does not expect any hernias. I just had a CT of my entire abdomen with contrast and it looked perfect. He said there *could* be minor adhesions, but doubtful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have me on a waitlist in case someone cancels their surgery. I told them to reschedule a hesitant pre-op bypass patient that needs more time to think it over so I can hurry up and enjoy a 3oz filet mignon like a normal person. LOL.

Today I actually ate something! I've been around 100 cals a day the last few days, but today I had half a side caesar salad and half of a french onion Soup from Outback. Not dead yet. So that's a plus.

I've been really mulling over the whole "I made your stomach bigger" thing and it is really pissing me off. I just keep thinking about it and how he said it can make ulcers more common and how I dealt with one already and I just don't know why he would do that. I still have the appointment on Monday and I really cannot wait to talk to him about all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Want a laugh at my PCP's expense? Told me to cut down my calories so I get out of stalling and start dropping more weight. I said Hey remember I can't cut calories, I am having it piped in through my PICC line. "Oops, wrong person, but that's what I usually tell people to do,isn't it?" And he looked a little ashamed, tried then to cover it up by, "as long as your cheeks are concave you are losing good enough now". Hnnnh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Want a laugh at my PCP's expense? Told me to cut down my calories so I get out of stalling and start dropping more weight. I said Hey remember I can't cut calories, I am having it piped in through my PICC line. "Oops, wrong person, but that's what I usually tell people to do,isn't it?" And he looked a little ashamed, tried then to cover it up by, "as long as your cheeks are concave you are losing good enough now". Hnnnh?

Oh. My. God. WTF! lol!

Having a rough morning. I've had frequent burping since surgery and some days it is really painful! Gas just gets stuck in my esophagus and I have to force it out. I rarely had gas pre-op. Just feel generally uncomfortable today, but TGIF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just blarfed. Up snot. No more uncomfortable pain, so that's cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

Just blarfed. Up snot. No more uncomfortable pain, so that's cool.

What's "blarf"? :D Sounds like something I'd make up...I'm commonly use 'gnarf'...'gnarfle'...'gnarfed' LOLOL Sure hope you're doing ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh. My. God. WTF! lol!

Having a rough morning. I've had frequent burping since surgery and some days it is really painful! Gas just gets stuck in my esophagus and I have to force it out. I rarely had gas pre-op. Just feel generally uncomfortable today, but TGIF!
Hope your morning is improving. Thinking about you!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kimmie K said:

What's "blarf"? :D Sounds like something I'd make up...I'm commonly use 'gnarf'...'gnarfle'...'gnarfed' LOLOL Sure hope you're doing ok!

It's my less gross sounding term for barf. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well my description of Blarf, your mouth seems dry, tastes nasty, you run your tongue back and forth, and suddenly something rolls up and out of you! And often it is slimie too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

It's my less gross sounding term for barf. lol.

Awesomeness! I'm stealing that word :D:91_thumbsup:

You say "snot"....really? Did you slime (whatever it's called)? All these crazy terms lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kimmie K said:

Awesomeness! I'm stealing that word :D:91_thumbsup:

You say "snot"....really? Did you slime (whatever it's called)? All these crazy terms lol

It's mucus from your stomach that comes up. I guess that's what people call slime. lol. But it's like less thick snot. People only typically have this happen if they eat too fast. I just have been having it happen on occasion when I "dry heave" due to nausea. Usually nothing comes up; sometimes snot comes up a little. Today was a little snotty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm basically like a cat trying to cough up a hairball that doesn't appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And when you are a bypasser you don't have the full projectile vomiting, mine is a cross between choking and a cat heaving up a giant hairball, and I kind of burp before it actually comes rolling up. I have a stricture and ulcers, so I do do a lot of urpie-durpies myself. And I am 4 months out, don't do it as frequent because I am on TPN, to let my pouch and intestines try healing. But 🐺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cat and I are not the run-of-mill Bypassers. We are a special minority, something neither of us applied for or really desired! Our stories are still being written.📝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

And when you are a bypasser you don't have the full projectile vomiting, mine is a cross between choking and a cat heaving up a giant hairball, and I kind of burp before it actually comes rolling up. I have a stricture and ulcers, so I do do a lot of urpie-durpies myself. And I am 4 months out, don't do it as frequent because I am on TPN, to let my pouch and intestines try healing. But 🐺

What's TPN? (sorry...I keep meaning to ask you) :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×