Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone kept their surgery a secret?

Yeah i don’t tell anyone. It’s not their business. Co workers don’t know because i’ve changed jobs since. It’s not shame or a secret it’s more like who cares? I don’t volunteer info about anything else in my life. Nor have i ever felt the need to announce that i was fat, so why announce that i’m not? If they as how i lost weight, i just say i watch what i eat which is very accurate and i workout a lot.

Some people believe in telling the world because it could help someone and what not, that’s their choice. I’m always willing to help in a support group format. I would never discuss anyone’s weight otherwise.

I also just don’t have time for nosy questions or judgement, it’s just freeing to be more private.
Well said!!! My thoughts exactly!!

I've always been a very private person and the only person who knew about my surgery, other than my hospital team, was my husband. I haven't told my family and only recently told one of my friends.

It's just the way that I am... my weight was always an embarrassment to me and anytime I tried something new and failed, it just made it more difficult. As time goes on I may open up about it, but basically I look at it as it's not really anyone's business.