Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothing while you're losing weight

4 hours ago, xMissyChrissy said:

So, this morning I needed to make a trip to the grocery store and I pulled on a pair of jeans.

I took two steps out of my bedroom and the jeans fell down and pooled around my feet. I started crying. Happy tears, not sad. Those jeans used to fit me pretty snug, and now they are so loose that they won't stay up. I never thought my clothes would be too big on me and it was a bit of a reality check for me making me realize that I'm getting healthier and I'm actually doing it.

I just want to know, did you guys start buying more clothes right away? I can't really afford to keep buying new clothes every few months, so does anyone else have other alternatives? I work from home so I don't need dressy stuff, just jeans and t-shirts. Good Will? Wal Mart?

Well, I'm just going to say how exciting!! : )))) Progress!

I don't own any pants so I can't share the EXACT same experience with you, BUT

Since losing my first 15 lbs, last week as I got out of my car in front of Wal-Mart - my undies came down around my ankles since I was wearing a dress. It's nice to share that joy with someone else...LOL. My husband was actually quite horrified as this happened right outside the entrance. I just flipped them up with my foot and then kept walking in...

Hopefully, I won't end up on You-Tube!!

3 hours ago, SimoneMonet said:

Well, I'm just going to say how exciting!! : )))) Progress!

I don't own any pants so I can't share the EXACT same experience with you, BUT

Since losing my first 15 lbs, last week as I got out of my car in front of Wal-Mart - my undies came down around my ankles since I was wearing a dress. It's nice to share that joy with someone else...LOL. My husband was actually quite horrified as this happened right outside the entrance. I just flipped them up with my foot and then kept walking in...

Hopefully, I won't end up on You-Tube!!

Oh my goodness! That's so embarrassing but it's a good sign you're losing! I'm having a problem with my undies, too. I liked to use cotton elastic ones, but now they're too loose and aren't staying in place. haha

So, this morning I needed to make a trip to the grocery store and I pulled on a pair of jeans.
I took two steps out of my bedroom and the jeans fell down and pooled around my feet. I started crying. Happy tears, not sad. Those jeans used to fit me pretty snug, and now they are so loose that they won't stay up. I never thought my clothes would be too big on me and it was a bit of a reality check for me making me realize that I'm getting healthier and I'm actually doing it.
I just want to know, did you guys start buying more clothes right away? I can't really afford to keep buying new clothes every few months, so does anyone else have other alternatives? I work from home so I don't need dressy stuff, just jeans and t-shirts. Good Will? Wal Mart?
Thanks [emoji4]
Plato's closet is a good place for gently used clothes. I have tons of different sizes and refused to give away my smaller size clothes..can't wait to shop in my closet!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Closet shopping has been a big help to me. I had lots of clothes in smaller sizes I had forgotten about as well. I have a storage room full of more from my smaller days so I’ll be good for awhile. But if I buy anything new, it’s from Walmart!

The hardest part has been bras for me. I’ve lost a lot of boob and have no idea what my size is anymore. I’m still large enough where my bras are expensive though. 😭

Closet shopping has been a big help to me. I had lots of clothes in smaller sizes I had forgotten about as well. I have a storage room full of more from my smaller days so I’ll be good for awhile. But if I buy anything new, it’s from Walmart!

The hardest part has been bras for me. I’ve lost a lot of boob and have no idea what my size is anymore. I’m still large enough where my bras are expensive though. [emoji24]
I get sized at Dillards and Dillard's on line I think have Cabernet bra's 2 for $40
.that's abt the cheapest I can find

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/26/2018 at 4:50 PM, notmyname said:

One other thing - go closet shopping. I found that I had some clothes in about 4 different sizes in my main and guest closets that I’d forgotten about. Not much, but enough to get by.

A+ morning of closet shopping! 2 pr. jeans, 1 pair pants, 2 skirts! I had meant to sell all my too small NYDJ on eBay, thank goddess I was too lazy and never listed them.

Goodwill

On 12/26/2018 at 16:28, xMissyChrissy said:

Thank you!

And well, the bigger you are, the more/quicker you lose. Your starting weight is 150lbs less than mine, but you're losing! Slow and steady. I'm nervous that I'm going to get gallstones with how fast I'm dropping, but only time will tell.

Are you on actigal to prevent gallstones? My program had me take it for 6 months.

On 12/26/2018 at 16:28, xMissyChrissy said:

Thank you!

And well, the bigger you are, the more/quicker you lose. Your starting weight is 150lbs less than mine, but you're losing! Slow and steady. I'm nervous that I'm going to get gallstones with how fast I'm dropping, but only time will tell.

Are you on actigal to prevent gallstones? My program had me take it for 6 months.

I already live in black leggings because all my pants are too small. I’m just going to continue to wear leggings and yoga pants and try really hard to to over shop for new tops. Thankfully I have quite a few tops that are too small. I wonder if I could possibly take in my tops with my extremely basic sewing skills

I just wear stretchy-ish clothes lol. Yoga pants, spandexy shirts and dresses. Jersey fabric skater dresses are awesome. I've worn the same dress at 280 and 230, and they look just as good at both weights!

Jeans are the most annoying to replace so I steer clear when I can.

I’ve been basically the same size for over 30 years, so I have zero skinny clothes to go back to, or zero in my closet. THANKFULLY, I have lots of those jersey swing dresses that will just hang off of me instead of draping over my belly. I can’t wait!

If you had your surgery at an accredited bariatric center of excellence, try getting in touch with the hospital's bariatric surgery program coordinator (they are required to have one if they're accredited). They often manage a clothing exchange where people who have lost weight can bring their bigger clothes to trade for smaller sizes brought in by others further along in the program (or starting at a smaller size!). It's a great way to get free clothes that fit! If your coordinator doesn't have a clothing exchange, suggest that they start one!

You know how kids pants have adjustable elastic waists with buttons? Well, I bought some of the elastic (it came with the buttons) online and sewed it into the waists of my pants 👖 works well! 😉 So Happy for your awesome loss! 👏🏻

Wish OSU would do something like that, I think it is a very cool idea.👚👗👕🎽👖