Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some crunch/chips

I've been craving a salty crunch - chips specifically, which I obviously shouldn't have. Even normal crackers seem like a "no" because they are a simple carb, which are not approved for my diet until 6 months post-op (and recommended only in very limited quantities after that) so... what can I eat? I don't want a substitute like celery or carrots, I mean something chip or cracker like.

My biggest issue is the carbs, because mine are to remain limited. I'm also supposed to stay in the 500 calories per day range for a while, so indulging in crackers is difficult with that restriction as well, but that will be increased in time. Does anyone have any suggestions for something that would fit the bill??

I eat parm chips. They're made of 100% Parmesan cheese. The brand I get are Whisps from costco. I just eat a few chips, but one serving is like 23 chips and 13g Protein. I'll have them with hummus for an easy lunch.

There are a wide variety of Protein chips, some even carried by this website.

A lot of people swear by Kay's brand, I like Quest brand tortilla style also.

I like ryvita original crispbread the most with meals occasionally in place of a cracker. but made from only rye flour and Water. During Passover, I'll just eat Matzahs sparingly (I need for natural bulking Fiber or my digestive tract gets lazy and wants to rely on laxative agents. That's the paradox with not ingesting enough bread style carbs for me)

Edited by GreenTealael

I like several of the Kay's variety (which are carried in the pharmacy section of my local grocery) and the Quest sour cream & onion that I get online. Both are high Protein, not terribly high calories.

Blue Diamond Artisan Nut Thins are really tasty and only about 10 calories / 1.5 carbs per cracker. They are also wheat/gluten free if that matters to you. I just finished 6 of them with some edamame hummus and it was a really good snack/lunch during the end of the Cowboys game. The kays and Quest chips are good but pretty pricey IMHO.

Edited by MIZ60

Awesome, you guys, thank you!!

Quest Protein chips aren't half bad, although I liked them more before surgery. Shrewd food puffs are decent, but have more of a whey aftertaste. Moon Cheese is pretty good, the best of the "just cheese" Snacks IMO.

Ive been chewing and spitting celery! Needed the crunch!