Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleepers

Today is Day 1 of my pre op diet! My surgeon says only Clear Liquids, I know others say full liquids. What’s your doc say? I’m pumped and ready to get my broth on! 🤣🤣🐔

I started my 2 week diet yesterday. I had to buy shakes Soups and bars from my dr. 760 calories a day but I can supplement with low sodium broth, sugar free Jello or popsicles

My dietician has me doing a cup of milk and chocolate Protein Drinks equaling 1000 calories a day, no more than 50 carbs, no less than 80 Protein

I know I’m going to wish I could have shakes! Haha At least it’s only 8 days. Lol Since mine is Clear Liquids only, my options are sugar free jello/popsicles, broth, 100% fruit juices, Protein Water. 😬

Also, I’ve developed a rash on my tummy! WTH? NEVER had one before. What timing. He said if it’s not better by next week we will need to postpone. Ugh! I’m religiously using the steroid ointment they gave me. Praying it goes away fast!

I start my full liquids on Monday. I’ve done it before so I know it’s 99% mind over matter. Hoping to get a nice jumpstart on weight loss before surgery.

On 02/27/2019 at 08:59, NewChiGirl said:

I start my full liquids on Monday. I’ve done it before so I know it’s 99% mind over matter. Hoping to get a nice jumpstart on weight loss before surgery.
You’ve got this! 👊🏼

Hey guys found these at costco for $12.99/15 packets. Amazon is $19.99 for 10 packets. Thought these would be a good alternative to broth in big tetra packs. These are an 8 oz serving and have 10grams of protein!

image-0.00894069671630859.jpg

March 4th for me. Anxiety level creeping up!

Finally got my approval. March 20th. It’s becoming a reality, I don’t know if I’m scared or excited! Maybe 50/50 at this point. I’m grateful! Pre-op appointment next week😬

Now that March is here I only have about 12 days and I’m more nervous than excited, but no looking back now!

18 hours ago, NewChiGirl said:

Hey guys found these at costco for $12.99/15 packets. Amazon is $19.99 for 10 packets. Thought these would be a good alternative to broth in big tetra packs. These are an 8 oz serving and have 10grams of protein!

image-0.00894069671630859.jpg

I'll have to look for these at mine. Were they with the Soups? I'm going on Saturday when I run my errands.. and also the cheese tortillas.. I'm curious to see the nutrition on them although I won't be able to eat them for a long time..They are supposedly gluten free. I don't know if they are literally just cheese or not. I keep thinking that I am done shopping but...

Now I'm drinking premier instead of my robard. My dr. said ok to do half and half I just can't stomach that robard. It's got one gram of sugar in premier which he wasn't happy about but he said ok. I also switched from regular low sodium broth to Bone Broth for lunch today. But on the plus side my scale is dropping fast. It's about 2 pounds a day.

On 03/01/2019 at 09:38, DelawareWoman said:

I'll have to look for these at mine. Were they with the Soups? I'm going on Saturday when I run my errands.. and also the cheese tortillas.. I'm curious to see the nutrition on them although I won't be able to eat them for a long time..They are supposedly gluten free. I don't know if they are literally just cheese or not. I keep thinking that I am done shopping but...

Now I'm drinking premier instead of my robard. My dr. said ok to do half and half I just can't stomach that robard. It's got one gram of sugar in premier which he wasn't happy about but he said ok. I also switched from regular low sodium broth to Bone Broth for lunch today. But on the plus side my scale is dropping fast. It's about 2 pounds a day.

They were in the aisle with broths. Wow, that’s great! Good luck!