Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wedding rings - what to do?

1 minute ago, ummyasmin said:

Hella yes! Hello new weight loss goal! Not sure about the recommissioned (snort, that's what my autocorrect came up with) ceremony but I am TOTES up for some new bling at goal weight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Go Big!!!!

Squeeeee - hubs just agreed to buy me a new wedding ring set when I get down to goal (at moment 67 kg) imma start Pinteresting

52 minutes ago, insta_adventurer said:

We were broke students when we got hitched so my original ring was not an expensive one. We always planned to upgrade our rings, but haven’t yet. When it got too loose, I picked up this pretty silver ring from a local artisan to replace it with. I’ll keep replacing it with inexpensive rings until my weight stabilizes and then plan to work with the local artisan to make custom gold “forever” rings.

Broke Students have the best ideas

13 minutes ago, ummyasmin said:

Squeeeee - hubs just agreed to buy me a new wedding ring set when I get down to goal (at moment 67 kg) imma start Pinteresting

Woah!

Woah!
It either means he doesn't think I'll get there or he really loves me. I'm an optimist so I'm going for the second bahahaha. 🤣

29 minutes ago, ummyasmin said:

It either means he doesn't think I'll get there or he really loves me. I'm an optimist so I'm going for the second bahahaha. 🤣

Oh men know women will do anything for the promise of wedding rings, he believes in you! 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

Oh men know women will do anything for the promise of wedding rings, he believes in you! [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]
Teeheeheheheheh yep, I'm willing hahah

First, awesome job on a NSV!

Second, you can get a ring spacer for about $5. Little clear silicone thing that wraps around the band (on the palm side where it isn’t noticeable. They sell them on Amazon and elsewhere.

But for a quick fix if you don’t like having rings on your middle finger is to try switching it over to your right hand. If you are right handed you might find your right hand is slightly larger and the rings might fit better there.

They are pretty cheap at Wally World and the Big Box stores too, and you don't have to sit at home waiting for Amazon to fill all your desires.

Wear them on a chain around your neck for the interim

Wear them on a chain around your neck for the interim
Well that's a great idea too!!

Lads! A solution (for me) was staring me in the face but I never thought of it till I was telling my mum about my wedding rings getting too loose.

After my dad died a few years back, my mum gave me her wedding ring. It never fit me so I kept it in my jewellery box to give to my daughter one day.

So speaking to mum I thought why don't I at least try and see how much more weight I need to lose before it fits.

Lads, it fits! I cannot believe it. It's really special to me to be able to wear it too.

1545031896268.jpeg

Now I am 4 weeks post op, but lost a lot of weight pre op aswell (30 kilos/60 lbs in 3 years time). My ring is on my middle finger, I would lose it on the ring finger. Even though it has little balls on the inside to prevent it from sliding off. In just over a year (jan 4th) we will be married for 20 years. (gasp!) By then I would be just over a year post op, and stablilized?? That would be a good moment to look for a new ring. I might get or make a ring guard until that time, or wear it on a pretty chain around my neck till then.

I kept buying inexpensive bands which I had to replace nearly every month. I have now had my rings resized by the jewellers and they fit great. Glad to have them back in my finger.

EC6A31EF-1102-4BA8-8917-15BED5DABDDB.jpeg