Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery dec 3rd and just recently I started having issues with the Protein Shakes. I use Premier Protein or pure Protein. Not sure why, but I dread drinking them. They make me queasy. At my first post op appt, the dr. Said I may be allergic to the protein that is used.
Oh my! I had purchased some Protein Powder from CVS and liked it before surgery. After surgery the taste was a little off and the smell was intolerable. I ended up getting a different brand and i think it is fantastic. I no longer dread getting in my protein. Our new stomas are finicky little things and determine what is tolerated and what is not. Best wishes.

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have not, mainly because my doctor says that I have to use the brand he suggested until two weeks after surgery. Im using Unjury.< br>
Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Also premium Premier Protein drink is about 7.00 a case of 4 and 30 grams of Protein each. I also purchased six star unflavored protein powder from Walmart also along with Elevate from Aldi's, has 30 grams of protein also in powder. I order the Walmart six star online because when I go to get some they are always out of stock. They have to be pretty good if everyone's buying them.

Sent from my N9560 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah it is pretty fine, I went to Six Star strawberry when my local Wal-Mart in their infinite stupidity, refused to stock any other flavors of Premier Protein but vanilla and chocolate. I have developed a near- loathing for Vanilla, that thick, white tasteless stuff, yeah I could go buy Torani or other sugar-free syrups but those rascals are nearly $4 each. And I have been allergic to cocoa butter and the rest of the chocolate family for 43 years, so for me a cheap way to commit suicide. I was a Premier Protein Peaches and Creme junkie, unless I order in I can't have it. I m not even sure if they are making any anymore. And before the suggestion, no Sams Club- 23 miles away, no Costco- 30+ miles away, as Paul Simon sang " Nothing but the dead and dying in my little town" , maybe I am living,in the Gobi Desert and I never noticed it before. Haven't checked Rite Aid and CVS , K-Mart left town, and Krogers selection is even more pitiful than W-M. I would have orgered cases of it all if I had a clue I would still be imbibing 21 weeks after my Liver-Shrinking Diet in August! Ah well, Man proposes, God disposes and shall it always be so.

Oh my! I had purchased some Protein powder from CVS and liked it before surgery. After surgery the taste was a little off and the smell was intolerable. I ended up getting a different brand and i think it is fantastic. I no longer dread getting in my protein. Our new stomas are finicky little things and determine what is tolerated and what is not. Best wishes.

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes everything is different after surgery. I no longer even like the smell of meat when it's cooking, I could literally throw up. I am able to tolerate chicken, turkey, and ham lunch meat, thank God I can get some natural protein in. I've turned to cottage cheese, and unflavored protein powder to get the rest in. I'd love some more ideas for protein.

Sent from my N9560 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm drinking premade GNC Lean shakes with 25g Protein per 14 oz shake. I'm 15 days post-op. I like the chocolate ones. I also bought some Pure Protein Clear Shakes at Sam's Club (premade) that are fruit punch flavored

I’ll have to Try those ! How many grams of Protein in the clear drinks ?

On 12/16/2018 at 08:42, Prpchub88 said:

I have not, mainly because my doctor says that I have to use the brand he suggested until two weeks after surgery. Im using Unjury.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Your doc is trying to get you to use their in house brand they are working with. Mine uses Celebrate. I’m glad you mentioned Unjury because I was considering trying it.

I couldn’t do the premier ready to drink Protein Drinks. For years I’ve used the muscle tech chocolate whey Protein from sams club but post surgery it lost its luster but find adding a scoop of PB protein powder made it taste very good and 28 grams of protein.

1 hour ago, jaadan79 said:

Your doc is trying to get you to use their in house brand they are working with. Mine uses Celebrate. I’m glad you mentioned Unjury because I was considering trying it.

Unjury is actually an excellent brand.= and no, it's not an in-house brand. It's pretty well-respected - a lot of hospitals use it.

Edited by catwoman7

You might find using a NutriBullet to mix is better than a blender, if you have one. I do this and add ice - get myself a Protein slushie. Mmmmmmm.....

Unjury shakes with either the unjury shaker bottle or the GNC shaker bottle (has mixer thingie inside). They will be less foamy and mix very well. Add 2T of sugar free Torani Syrup (pick your flavor) and you will love it. Or add a little bit of PB2 powder. I’ve been testing shakes for the last 3 mos to prepare for post op days. There are a LOT of options out there. Unjury also has Soups with Protein.

3 hours ago, Biddy zz said:

You might find using a NutriBullet to mix is better than a blender, if you have one. I do this and add ice - get myself a Protein slushie. Mmmmmmm.....

My NutriBullet NBR-1201 was a life-changing purchase. I freeze almond milk in ice cube trays or add frozen fruit to a vanilla Protein Shake instead of ice. The texture is great.

I wanna Nutri- bullet, I wanna Nutribullet, anybody listening? Nope didn't think so, have to buy one MYSELF!