Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 and Up Sleevers

I have no regrets on having the sleeve, BEST decision I ever made. I'm happy where I'm at. But then get upset with myself because I'm not loosing anymore, and think I should loose more. I have been bouncing the 3 pounds up and down for the past going on 3 months now. It get's me depressed about it. I have to get a grip on where I want to be.

Hope everyone is doing ok also and enjoying life to the fullest.

38 minutes ago, Liz The New Me said:

I have no regrets on having the sleeve, BEST decision I ever made. I'm happy where I'm at. But then get upset with myself because I'm not loosing anymore, and think I should loose more. I have been bouncing the 3 pounds up and down for the past going on 3 months now. It get's me depressed about it. I have to get a grip on where I want to be.

Hope everyone is doing ok also and enjoying life to the fullest.

well your 158 according to your chart you should be happy at your weight even if you don't lose anymore you use to be 230 before...

On 8/7/2019 at 6:53 PM, Healthy_life2 said:

Reviving thread: How are all the 50+ peeps doing???

@Healthy_life2

thanx for the "revival" - I feel like singing !!!

i was sleeved one month shy of turning 58 years old, 7+ years later, i am 65 years young!!

used to be 5'3" - now i stand 6' feet TALL!! (still cute as a button!!)

inherited kidney problems from dad - about 15 years ago🙁, good looks from mom LOL

Dialysis started one year ago -no prob - no pain - sleep fine, "hooked" up in bed

at night for 10 hours.(hmmmm, sounds kinky😉) dialysis then does its stuff and i'm good to go.

(small catheter in stomach / attached 30' hose) i can reach/walk to the bathroom - phew!!!

(hmmmm - probably TMI, but when you are in renal failure - your kidney functions -

urinating - decrease/STOP) buttt unfortunately you still feel that need/urge to go to the BR (you try, but will be unsuccessful)

i eat like a "normal" person, Moderation used to be a big problem. all good now - watch

how and what i eat, i no longer keep track of my day with MFP - but i am very mindful of

what/how much i eat & drink, calories etc.

weigh daily after i shower- weight fluctuates 5+ lbs here and there GOAL - was 130 - now 135-140. NEVER have gone over that dreadful # of 140.

that's my story and i'm stickin' to it. 🤣 (film at 11:00, coming to a theater near you!!)

hugggggs to all my BP family

holding a glass of Water up to your/our health

kathy

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2019 at 5:53 PM, Healthy_life2 said:

Reviving the thread: How are all the 50+ peeps doing???

Hit goal last month and figuring out maintenance right now. 1 year anniversary is Tuesday. I haven’t felt this good or active in awhile.

I’ll be 59 this fall and I will continue to live an active and healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life. Being overweight was a lot of work, I much prefer this.

edited because I thought I was a year younger than I am!

Edited by Cheeseburgh

On 8/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, johnedwin said:

well your 158 according to your chart you should be happy at your weight even if you don't lose anymore you use to be 230 before...

I AM HAPPY where I'm at. I just get a little disappointed at myself that I'm not at 140 yet. I will get there someday but for right now my Husband and daughter is so proud of me. I'm truly grateful that I had it done. Thank you