Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2008 bandsters

Had mine put in 2009 and joined DFW Bandsters, they were a great group. I had mine removed last year it was no longer working and tubing was causing heart issues. Will have a sleeve the end of this month.

May 2006, infilled for 18 mos now due to pouching, Maintaining 40 lb loss, initial loss was 65lbs at 5 yrs in. Still a daily battle. Only slight restriction at times. Need to get my head back on track.

7 hours ago, rjo132 said:

May 2006, infilled for 18 mos now due to pouching, Maintaining 40 lb loss, initial loss was 65lbs at 5 yrs in. Still a daily battle. Only slight restriction at times. Need to get my head back on track.

I had mine removed last year and over the last 5 years, I slowly gained back that is why I'm having the sleeve the end of the month. I had the initial band that would only hold 4cc and could be filled to a max of 2cc so finding the sweet spot was impossible. A few months after having mine they went to a 10 cc band. I worked for me when it worked I lost about 120 pounds. Now I'm looking at a new journey and another hopefully successful one.

Also Feb 2008 — not been very successful but it’s not the bands fault. I’m a sweets lover and binge eater, and those “slider” foods go right down. Had a recent fill and going back to Dr in Oct for follow up. Working on restarting the process!

3 hours ago, rosycurtin said:

Also Feb 2008 — not been very successful but it’s not the bands fault. I’m a sweets lover and binge eater, and those “slider” foods go right down. Had a recent fill and going back to Dr in Oct for follow up. Working on restarting the process!

You may not think it’s the band’s fault but having a band actually makes healthier foods difficult to eat whilst the slider foods are really easy. It has been shown that over time it is dangerous for the oesophagus to have to continually work that hard to push food down. They are now seeing a lot of cases of band related oesophageal failure.

My diet is far healthier now that I have revised to bypass and my band was neither tight nor effective. I eat less now and am far less hungry.

This is true. I was banded in 2009. This past summer I had many tests done and have found that my esophagus has suffered because of the band. Every time I swallow food it is forced back into my esophagus. My band is not even filled tight. I suffer from pretty severe reflux which has damaged my esophagus. As far as making healthy food choices, it is far easier for me to eat unhealthy than the healthier choices. I was told that I need to get my band removed. I am far too young to be doing so much damage.

@kerrik54304 have you tried keeping your band a little loose?

Where's all me buddies from 2004 class?

Had my Band September 2007, Not too many of us still on this site.

Still doing well

" Success does not come from having to follow Bandsters Rules but from wanting to follow Bandsters Rules. "

most excellent!

and CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal!!!

Hi all, I was banded June of 2008. I went through menopause and gained a bunch. Have stayed the same weigh for about the last 3 years. But I gained way to much. I really need to lose. thinking about doing Protein Drinks again. for two meals. Just to lower my intake for a while ? I love working out. I walk, spin, swim and bike..so I know the Problem is the food. Any thoughts ? I will say i'm horrible about counting calories. just going to be honest . Any help would be great. I had my band unfilled years ago. due to acid reflux. I still have problems but not enough to worry about. take a pill each night. I just can't get any more fills afraid of how bad my reflux was.

"In Theory, theory and Reality should be the same; in Reality, they ain't".

I know the phases I go thru continue to mutate and evolve, and often are frustrating again.

I would think 'changing old habits' would serve me better; perhaps they do but only for a too-short while.

It sounds like you already know what to do. In theory we should all be able to just leave out the parts of that plan, that do not contribute to our New Thinner Healthier selves.

Good luck. I'll be in there striving as well.

Jack

On 9/2/2019 at 9:35 PM, kerrik54304 said:

This is true. I was banded in 2009. This past summer I had many tests done and have found that my esophagus has suffered because of the band. Every time I swallow food it is forced back into my esophagus. My band is not even filled tight. I suffer from pretty severe reflux which has damaged my esophagus. As far as making healthy food choices, it is far easier for me to eat unhealthy than the healthier choices. I was told that I need to get my band removed. I am far too young to be doing so much damage.

I had my band removed 3 years ago as it caused heart problems. Then a year later I had the sleeve done. Now I'm down 90 pounds. The band is no longer done here as it causes so very many issues. You need to listen to your doctor. Then decide what is next. Quit blaming yourself.