Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any band to sleeve conversions here?

Band to Sleeve Revision #3, Dec 27! So ready!

Edited by RayLandry

@RayLandry: revision #3??? what happened?

Ooops! I mean revision #2!

2005 lapband

2012 band slipped, rebanded

2018 revision to vgs set for 12/27/18

I meant #3 surgery! 😄

Good luck to all December Sleevers!

I HAD A BAND AND IT MADE ME SO SICK ALL THE TIME. MY NEW DR. SAID SHE WOULD REMOVE IT AND AND MY GALL BLADDER, BUT SHE SUDDENLY CHANGED PRACTICES AND I HAD TO START ALL OVER. AFTER A SUBSEQUENT MOVE ACROSS COUNTRY TO THE SOUTHEAST, I HAD TO START OVER WHICH TOOK ANOTHER YEAR. HAD THE BAND REMOVAL AND THAT WAS SUCCESSFUL. THEN ANOTHER 6 MOS. OF HEALING. THEN IN JAN. 2016 I HAD THE PROCEDURES AND LOST 40 LBS. BUT NOW I AM OFF PROGRAM AND HAVING CRAVINGS AGAIN AND MY ACID REFLUX HAS RETURNED. RECENT X-RAYS SAY I HAVE ANOTHER HIATAL HERNIA. SOME DEGREE OF LACTOSE INTOLERANCE IS ALSO CAUSING MY Protein INTAKE TO BE MORE DIFFICULT. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I had the Lap Band from 4-11 until 12/16. I am one of the “lucky” one’s as far as weight loss. I kept the weight off. Downside is the constant vomiting. My Band was removed because of an infection in the port. I had Sleeve Surgery 10/17. I have had success only gaining minimal weight without the vomiting. I wish everyone good luck.

Got my band 15 years ago. Lost 100 lbs. then slip. No fill for 6 mos. then removal 18 months ago. Regained all the weight. Sleeved on 8/22. Down 50 lbs. and I’m post-menopausal. Love the sleeve!

I had the band in 2008, and was sleeved Dec 12th of this year. So far so good! Down 15lbs since surgery. I can try my best to answer any questions you may have about how the beginning of the revision has been.

I had the band in 2012 and was miserable. I could barely swallow anything, even liquids. So it stayed in without fill until 2015 when I had it removed.

Sleeved Oct 1 2018 and love it! Down 60lbs and feel great :)

Best of luck to you!!!

Just wondering about the success of people who converted from band to sleeve. Also looking for people getting the conversion from band to sleeve before the end of this year.

I got my band removed 8/28 and I’m converting to the sleeve on 12/18. So excited!
I was band in 2009 and had conversion surgery Feb 2018. I have lost about 55 lbs.

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app