Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unflavored protein powder - mix with what?

For those who use unflavored Protein Powder what do you like it mixed into? I'm not getting in enough Protein so my nutritionist suggested I use Unjury unflavored protein powder and put it in anything I can tolerate. I've tried it in Soups and in my cereal/milk, but I absolutely don't the texture or taste (even though it's "unflavored" ). Any ideas?

I ordered some unflavored Protein recently and haven't received it yet, but when I do I'm planning to use it to make protein Jello and pudding. I've also made pancakes in the past with a banana and 1-2 eggs and think that it would be an easy addition to that recipe.

For those who use unflavored Protein Powder what do you like it mixed into? I'm not getting in enough Protein so my nutritionist suggested I use Unjury unflavored Protein powder and put it in anything I can tolerate. I've tried it in Soups and in my cereal/milk, but I absolutely don't the texture or taste (even though it's "unflavored" ). Any ideas?

I'm at five weeks out. I was mixing it in my Water. Like you, I don't like the taste or texture. So for the ones that have the unflavored protein powder in them, I use a little crystal lite packet...or a half depending on the flavor. I also add my benefiber. Before I was getting more protein from food, I was adding a half scoop of the unflavored protein powder to every 16oz shaker bottle I drank...which was getting me 30g in addition to my food and my one Protein Shake. Was putting me at or above 80g per day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I mix unflavored Protein powder into yogurt or Soup quite often. I personally do not like Unjury and would suggest switching to another protein powder. We carry many options at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/flavor_unflavored .

I've been mixing the unflavored Protein with the fairlife milk and a little bit of Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup. Not as thick as the premade shakes they sell

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Watch out for regular Tomato Soup it has a high proportional sugar content, look for the" light" formulations, Bari!pal on here dumped from Regular Grade Tomato Soup. 😧

Thanks friends!

I mix unflavored Protein powder into yogurt or Soup quite often. I personally do not like Unjury and would suggest switching to another protein powder. We carry many options at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/flavor_unflavored .
What do you prefer?

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, nomorefattypatty said:

I use Six Star unflavored Protein powder and it's pretty good. You can get a large canister at Walmart for 19.99

Sent from my SM-J337P using BariatricPal mobile app

May I ask which specific Six Star PP you get at Walmart?

May I ask which specific Six Star PP you get at Walmart?
Six star unflavored whey Protein powder 20 grams protein per scoop. I recently was at my nutritionist and she gave me a sample of Unjury protein powder and it's even better, she suggested I get it on Amazon because it may be less expensive. Good luck!

Six star unflavored whey Protein Powder 20 grams Protein per scoop. I recently was at my nutritionist and she gave me a sample of Unjury Protein powder and it's even better, she suggested I get it on Amazon because it may be less expensive. Good luck!

Yes I just recently tried Unjury and it is much better