Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op and I’m in hell

Just to update everyone. I called my surgeons office and they changed my nausea medicine and I’m doing much better I am now able to tolerate Water and broth at least I even ate a couple bites of Protein yogurt today so I feel successful.

OMG I am so sorry. I will tell you it gets bettet, but at 12 weeks I haven't hit my sweet spot. Oh I have lost weight, lost 64+ pounds since July 31st when I started on my Liver-shrinking diet, losing like a seasick anorexic sailor, but something is not quite right with me. Consultation with my surgeon, Dr Needleman, the chief of Bariatric Medicine at Ohio State University Hospital- Wexner Medical Center. A very big title for a very wonderful place, well worth the 48 mile drive from where I live. What will he say? I have been having biweekly stretching of my stomal stricture, as a sleever YOU WILL NOT have THIS, any close problems for you are still different. Niggling in the back of my mind? Possibility of open abdominal surgery? Not as much fun to heal from but I feel, at this point, BROKEN, and I have developed 5 nasty Ill-tempered new ulcers, these are the,kind that could bleed and,perforate. You run more likelihood of Donald J Trump gett8ng on National Tv and apologizing for being an disappointment as a President and promising to do better!
But, my friend, you will make it through, so shall I and there are sunny 🌞days ahead for both of us! Our Heaven awaits!

😂😂😂 I love a lot of policy’s trump promotes however the man has to just watch his mouth sometimes.... how do ulcers form ?

Well for many people on Bariatric Pal it is h. pylori bacterium, course of antibiotics, time and you're all better. Mine- a little more complex. I am mildly COPD, no never smoked, but I have it anyway. Always on verge of bronchitis so PCP had me on long course of demulcents, yeah cleared up my lungs but also destroyed protective gastric mucus layer. Then when I took NSAIDS 4 at a time because I have constant arthritic pain, it chewed right into my gastric lining. Went into Bariatric Surgery with gastritis and Hector, my quietly sleeping gastric ulcer present. I had been on omeprazole (Prilosec) when these were discovered, gastroenterologist had switched me to a stronger PPI Dexilent, which worked well. I couldn't believe it when Bariatric Clinic put me back,of the stinking omeprazole. Told them This is NOT GOING TO WORK, did they listen, of course not. 2 weeks in I said " there is something wrong" and I got poo-pooed. Kept saying,it, finally to shut up my yammering they scheduled an endoscopy and who was right? ME ME ME! And now we are playing catchup, trying belatedly to fix things. They may be the professionals but I have lived in THIS BODY a long time!

My doctor prescribed me a pill to prevent ulcers but it’s so hard to take because I have to break up the pills myself so annoying

16 hours ago, stibitzal said:

they changed my nausea medicine - doing much better

many times OP post about their prob - we don't know how they are doing later - thanx for taking the time to update - we were all worried😉

2 hours ago, stibitzal said:

😂😂😂 trump promotes - however the man has to just watch his mouth

aint it the truth🤣

1 hour ago, stibitzal said:

how do ulcers form

acid can be caused by bacterial infection or regular use of aspirin or anti inflammatory

meds ( NSAID) ie ibuprofen - wise words of Webster (not me)LOLOLO

good luck - glad you are slowly feeling better, able to drink

kathy

On 11/24/2018 at 12:19 AM, stibitzal said:

I had surgery 11/21 and was only supposed to stay one night however it hurts so bad to eat or drink that they kept me another night. I am in extreme pain and everything makes me nauseous I have been prescribed tremidol and promenthazine but every time I even try and take the medicine I vomit. I’m struggling so hard with Water. I’m literally in tears everytime I throw up and beating myself up for even getting surgery

Hang in there, Doll.