Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long dis it take to see your stomach go down

Yep...I am sure I could fit size 8 jeans if it wasn't for the belly blob, it is stubborn stubborn stubborn!!! Hang in there it WILL eventually leave.

And plus sizes are just horrid, tank tops/sleeveless always have ginormous armholes down to your waist and are super wide in the upper bust area and ALWAYS low bust points and mega hips.....and inconsistent sizes. When you get to regular sizes every 10 lbs is a size change - you will be surprised, get EXCITED cuz it goes fast....

Less than20, less than 18, Frustr8 is coming , fast as the downhill slide takes me. You mean there are tops you couldn't Breadtfeed out of the armholes? Oh Yippee Skippee Do Dah Day Big Mama can Hardly wait, and remember I am realigning into Chickee Baby, it's NEVER TOO LATE!⏰

I'm down 50lbs and losing fat everywhere but my stomach. I was always coke bottle and my butt and thighs are disappearing before this stomach. [emoji25]I just figured that's what happens when 2 children (and csections) destroy your abdomen.

Hang in there! Itll shrink! It might just take a little longer than other target areas.

I was still pretty swollen at 2 weeks too. By 3-4 weeks, I started to see a difference in my upper abdomen. It was shrinking. Lower abdomen is slower for me. Sleeved 8/20. 53 lbs down, 62 to go.
in 2 days I'll be 3 weeks out n I feel lke I'm failing myself in ways...i lost 13 pounds very slow ..i weigh myself n its like up n down...ppl say I will lose it fast but at this point I don't see the good out of all this pain...my stomach is really my last worry it's the stalls that got me down ..i may have lost 2 pounds since my big loss out a week after my surgery ...

Sent from my LM-V405 using BariatricPal mobile app

Is everybody's tummies flattening out? I thought mine would just flatten down, and it is smaller, but it looks like a balloon someone let. the air out of, kind of stretched in places and blobby. Oh well I never expected to be a bikini model at my age anyway!

I've lost almost 60# since I started losing weight (so, including before surgery). I still don't really see it. I take progress pics once a month and just don't see it. What helps is that I also take my measurements (bust, chest, waist, hips, both thighs, both calves, both biceps, and neck). So, while my brain looks in the mirror and at pictures and sees the same, the measurements don't lie. I've lost 4 inches on my waist and 6 inches on my hips (after my first month, I'd lost 3.5 off my hips, but only .5 off my waist). Maybe take measurements until your brain catches up with what your body is doing?

Six weeks post RNY and down 40 lbs and still have a stomach. I’m the same shape just smaller overall and down two sizes.

My stomach is disproportionately huge and remains so after losing 49lbs., but am seeing it slowly get smaller. The most noticeable losses have been my neck and ankles, of all places, and an inch off my calves, which have never, ever shrunk at all before. Belly fat seems the toughest to lose.

Forearms, neck, wrists and face first for Me, rump and tummy lagging behind, think my blobs will melt off before then. Tube Sox and tennis balls, here I come!

My stomach / face is the first place I always lose. Thighs and arms are the slowest to show.

Everyone’s body type is different!