Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 11/13/2018 at 22:43, zueschoco1 said:

Thankyou so much for that i am 14 days away from surgery and today i have done great no cheating its go time!!

Sent from my LG-M210 using BariatricPal mobile app

So happy you did great today!! See - you can do it!! YAY!!

I don’t understand why some doctors make u do this liquid diet before surgery and others don’t ?

Soooo scared this will be me...Surgery scheduled for Jan 12, 2019. Didn't want to be on liquid for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Next year, during the holidays I will be fine....but I don't want to spend all of this money, I already booked my flights and took 3 weeks of vacation, I am determined that I wont get turned away because I had no will power. Dude you will be so freaking angry at yourself if you get pushed back...get your head in the game! Come on! You got this!
My liver shrink was 2 weeks. I ate what I wanted until 14 days prior to surgery. The first week was a Protein Shake for 1 meal each day, and 2 meals consisting of 3-5 oz of lean Protein and 1 cup of vegetables. In between was sugar free, non-carbonated liquids, and no caffeine. Crystal light, sugar free Jello, chicken or beef broth, etc. The second week was 3 Protein Shakes a day and liquids as mentioned above up until the day prior to surgery. The day before surgery was no shakes, just Clear Liquids, a void red coloring. You will get through your holidays and still be able to shrink your liver in time, just enjoy in moderation. I know some plans dont want you gaining prior to surgery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Plan your meals, and work your plan. Just don’t lose sight of your “why” you are doing this.

Btw, I was only on liquids two days prior to surgery. Everyone is different and every doctor thinks differently but in the end you will most likely be fine.

Just to update everyone I had surgery today 11/21/18 and my doctor said everything went well however I am struggling to recover and get back to normal I was in extreme pain when I woke up and I feel like if I didn’t cheat those 2 times on my pre op diet I wouldn’t be in so much pain. Also drink as much Water as you can that is something I failed at and I’m paying for it now

7 minutes ago, stibitzal said:

Just to update everyone I had surgery today 11/21/18 and my doctor said everything went well however I am struggling to recover and get back to normal I was in extreme pain when I woke up and I feel like if I didn’t cheat those 2 times on my pre op diet I wouldn’t be in so much pain. Also drink as much Water as you can that is something I failed at and I’m paying for it now

Hindsight...

Get well soon !

On 11/21/2018 at 19:31, stibitzal said:

It would have still sucked. Your cheats didn’t make it worse, I promise. Surgery is different for everyone, pain is different for everyone. I really followed my two week diet pretty closely and guess what? I was still *miserable* that first 24 hours post op. But yet my surgery buddy in the next bed seemed to be doing fine!

4 months out, I’m glad I did it. The pain is short lived. Just keep thinking of that.. it’s a few days of discomfort and moderate pain and in exchange you hopefully will get a longer and healthier life.

Hope you feel better soon! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I have very vague memories of time after surgery, one of which was clicking the morphine pain pump constantly! Each day gets EASIER. Five days out I was sleeping on my side again and a week out (yesterday) not feeling any discomfort. You got this!

It's a painful surgery, it will take time to heal, I dont think it's because of how you did on your pre-op diet. I'm 2 weeks put and still have a little pain but it gets better and better each day. Don't beat yourself up. You went though a surgery, anesthesia itself makes your body weak like you just fought a flu. It takes time. Hang in there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Don't think you are doomed as much as being in recovery

I understand where you are coming from. I actually started my liquid diet (only) on the 16th of November. I cooked Thanksgiving for my family and I sat there and watched them all eat while I drank a sugar free-fat free pumpkin cheesecake Protein Shake. It was hard but my surgery is just around the corner. Jello helps and I just picked up the appropriate yogurt today. Push through, it's worth it.