Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving Recipes

We only aim to serve, My Lady! Besides our roads to Obesity had many cobblestones, and we all have recipes that got us there! We. had, maybe still do have, a poster from the Dominican Republic, her recipes were wickedly good, then there was one from Mexico or the Phillipines with Dulce de Leche cake, oh me oh my, BAD WICKED STUFF! Alas all behind me as I sip broth, made a crock pot with beef round stewing down, it was marked down,maybe misshapen or SOMETHING? Smells so good, with dump some veggies from my cans in there, remember evil ex landlord locked me away from my fresh and frozen items when he changed locks. But it is so nice to wake up in a place, no ants or other bugs crawling out of walls, you can walk straight across floors without being careful, I do miss my curtains and drapes, but I will temporarily improvise, and if I don't go broke before the first of the month, things gonna be fine. I may never,eat normal foods again, although multiple people say I will. I know, I know, still Early Days, but 9 weeks seem forever!

On 11/11/2018 at 15:50, CyclicalLoser said:

Wow thank you all! I'm taking things very, very slow (Still). Most of the time when I eat "normal" (Non liquid) things, I feel nauseous, to the point where I've had to throw up. I'm pretty sure it's because I am eating too fast. The positive side is that I don't have a problem with my mostly liquid diet.

Yesterday, as I waited in line to order a family member an Apple turnover, I was thinking there had to be a "healthier" option. After all, apples are apples and as long as I get the sugar and bad carbs out, it should be an okay treat. In general though, and yes this is ironic, I am the safest person in the world to transport baked goods. I don't like any pies except Apple. I don't like anything else. Not cakes, muffins, brownies, cupcakes, pastries, twinkies, Cookies etc.

But Apple pies lived in fear of my wrath. :)

Thank you all again. This will be enormously helpful for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners!

You and I are on a very similar path. My pouch is also temperamental. I haven’t tried apples yet but I was on the Adkins diet at one time in my life for 16 years. My favorite low carb pie crust with apples was crushed walnuts or pecans with melted butter. You just take the nuts and crush them and add soft butter and press into a pie pan or cookie sheet if making a apple crisp. I’m sure an internet search will come up with various recipes for the low carb nut crust. Enjoy

Thank you ScoutCR, one of the things in my twisted road to a new shelter, I did save my bag of commodity walnuts. Still no change in my condition, sometimes it feels better if I don't eat, I know warped but obviously" I ain't right", am I? I watch the surgery day twins go on to full foods, they are planning a nice dinner for Thanksgiving, albeit small portions, meanwhile Little Match Girl Me is standing with her nose preshed against the Brightly lit Toy Shoppe window knowing she will never have what is inside.💦💦And it stings like a razor cut to be left out.