Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been stalking a few weeks ... figured I’d say hi!

Hi!! My name is Jessica. I’m new on here and have been stalking posts for a few weeks. Any question I’ve had so far I’ve been able to find an answer what an amazing help this app has been for me!
I had a lap band placed in June 2009 and subsequently removed in July 2016. I just had Gastric Bypass a few days ago on October 24th. After a couple pain filled restless nights in the hospital I was discharged on Friday afternoon and I am feeling much better now.
I am not in too much pain, some abdominal pain that is well controlled with meds, zero incision pain. I have pain when deep breathing though so I’ve been using the incentive spirometer like a champ!
I don’t feel hungry at all. Have no difficulty getting my liquid diet items down at all thankfully. I am definitely craving some carbs though!
Anyway so far so good for me, wanted to say hello and get to know you all. 🙃😉

And Welcome Jessica to Kangaroo-land; where we Bypassers live.🏡🏠🏡Do you know why we live in Kangaroo-land? Because silly We all now Have Pouches! Spriong spriong Weeee!😝🚩😝

Welcome, Jessica. I'm glad you broke out of your shell in order to join in. Now that you've crossed over to the other side, so to speak, you can be an inspiring source of information for others who are preparing to go through what you are currently experiencing. Pay forward by helping others. Not only does helping others feel good but, I believe, it truly helps each of us to be more triumphant with our own journeys. We've all started out by saying "hello". Now it's your turn to be a comfort to others in their time of need. While we all still need the wisdom and compassion of others from time to time, the best feeling is helping another person here get through their particular hardship.

Again, welcome. You have so much to offer!

4 minutes ago, jessicab526 said:

Well said! I’m a nurse so helping others and sharing knowledge and experiences comes naturally for me.
Thanks for the welcome! 😊

I admire and respect nurses. Thank you for your service.

51 minutes ago, jessicab526 said:

Well said! I’m a nurse so helping others and sharing knowledge and experiences comes naturally for me.
Thanks for the welcome! 😊

Hi Jessica. Welcome. I’m a nurse as well!

They, like the military, are largely unsung, and do a very special job. Nursing is always patient-centered, medicine Is disease centered maybe that's why they are the Calico Cat and the Gingham Dog, they both want their patient to return to health, just 2 different philosophy,to Get There!

How are you doing now? Are you still on puréed?

Welcome! Glad you came out of hiding. Now post a lot! :)

Welcome. Don't worry we we're all stalkers at one time...lol