Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K - Week of 11 ? 17 November

which week are you running now?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which week are you running now?

Read about a gut on here that lost 100LBS in 4 months! Holy crap! He said he walked at 4mph 6 days a week for 50 mins and watched his diet carefully. THats a crazy loss!

I read that too, crazy. I would actually be afraid to lose that much soooo fast...

well, i had a trainer appt this morning at 5, but i wanted to get to the gym earlier to try out the new shoes on the treadmill.

they are better ... not as good as my 'normo' shoes (non-herman munster-esque) but i was able to run. i did 2 sets of 90 seconds each. tomorrow will be my week 2 day and we'll see how i handle the whole set.

JM - are we on for week 2 again next week. i do not want to overdo it. i have to keep reminding myself that it's not a race, its about conditioning my body. my Minnie marathon is only 9 miles, so it is definitely do-able to train for it in the next 25 weeks. i still have more than a year til my first "real" marathon..

slow and steady builds up to quick and steady, right ?? :)

Losing, I'm down for week 2. Glad the shoes feel better. Yeah, my trainer was concerned that I was trying to do too much too fast. She was afraid that I'd either hurt myself, or begin to hate it, and since she's an avid runner, she really wants me to be one, and to really enjoy it. I'm also starting "atkins" next time I go to the market so I can stock up. I'm going to see if I can lose some weight, which may help with the whole running thing. I keep telling myself that slow is the weigh to go with weightloss, but if I could take a quick 10 off within the next month, I know it would really help...

JM - i love Atkins type ... i dont do full blown atkins, i dont count "net" carbs - i do total carbs.

glad i'll have a buddy for W2 again... ;)

Whos - huh? next week off? who says!!??! :)

Im just off work..not off exercise :)

Ok here is my screen shot of week 4. I am keeping records of my screen shots. i have week 3. Its kind of cool to compare them.

post-220194-13813135848592_thumb.jpg

Good morning,

I was considering doing week 2 again since it is Thursday and I have not run since Monday. Being on vacation this past weekend fouled up my routine. Not to mention I have a really bad pain in my neck (not my husband but an actual pain) that is from the plane ride home from Vegas. I tried to workout yesterday but it hurt too much. I usually can tough that stuff out.

At any rate, several days late, I started week 3 workout 1. This time I did it at the gym as opposed to outside and I found it a little easier. I want to condition myself to run outside, but I know that with the weather getting cold, I will be better off doing it at the gym. Well, I got through the workout and felt fine. I actually did a good weight circuit too so I feel caught up for the week. Or at least I am trying to convince myself of that.

Hey losing, what kind of shoes did you get? I am laughing at the Herman-munster-esque reference. You wouldn't believe the orthopedic monsters I am picturing...but hey, whatever works. Good luck on week 2 to you and jm. I think it is a good idea to listen to our bodies and take this slow. There is no point in rushing and then hurting ourselves...then where will we be?

JM-have you tried South Beach? I have done that off and on in the past and found it really helpful in getting the scale moving. It is pretty simple to follow. If Atkins fits you better though, stick with that! We all need to find what works!

whos -

you are SUCH a geek :) (i do the same thing w/ my iPhone)

kay -

they are new balance, not sure of the number but they were just awful!! i'll see if i can find them online and show you how bad they were!!

yeah im a geek. in a year or so i want to be able to look back at the numbers.

My idea of a great day would be playing Madden online all day on Xbox live.

My idea of a great day would be playing Madden online all day on Xbox live.

You can do that after you work out!

JM-have you tried South Beach? I have done that off and on in the past and found it really helpful in getting the scale moving. It is pretty simple to follow. If Atkins fits you better though, stick with that! We all need to find what works!

Googling south beach right now!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches