Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K - Week of 11 ? 17 November

which week are you running now?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which week are you running now?

THanks again guys. I emailed my food log to the nutritionist last week, and then had a phone appt with her. SHe said I am making good choices probably just need a fill.

Losin - I am totally retarded with the measuring tape so I am never able to get consistent measures of myself. I do know that I have lost a lot of inches in the past 3 months since I barely have anything left that I can wear.

I can't decide if I should try week 5 or stay with week 4 for another week. I guess I will see how I am feeling tomorrow!

I am don't know anything about this but you could probably email the guy maybe he could send to you in another format - you know how he always invites you to email him at the end?

posted on my blog as well ...

:help:

week 3 of couch to 5K is not going well for me. :)

i did my 90 seconds of running, then my 90 seconds of walking and just couldnt do the 3 minute run. i dunno what it was / is... my calves cramped up like a mother and it hurt just to walk, much less run.

now, 3 hours later my legs are crampy, my feet need a REALLY good rub/massage and my right glute is achey... i did walk over 3 miles. 2 miles on the treadmill (31 mins) then i went to a new park to scope out the new trail. its a pretty good one that i will more than likely go to. it does have a slight incline, but i can deal with it. i did a lap (.298 miles) in 5:21.4. next time i will time the entire run/walk (ok, i walked 99.5% of the time). i may even go tomorrow ...

WTF????

i want to run ... i love the rush of running ... why wont my body cooperate?? and i'm not running fast at all ... 4.4 is my 'average'. i even dropped down the speed to 4.2 and i just couldnt do it.

so instead of c25k - this is what i did:

30 seconds running 4.2

1 min walking 3.5-3.9

45 seconds running 4.4

2 min walking 3.5-3.9

1 min running 4.4

2 min walking 3.5-3.9

1 min 15 sec running 4.4

2 min walking 3.5-3.9

45 secs running 4.5

cool down.

this is nowhere where i want to be ... NOWHERE... i am disappointed in myself and my will power (or lack there of..) im depressed. the one good thing - my eating was on target today! in fact, there are some "brownie bites" (that i bought this weekend and had 3-4ish), and didnt have any today! yay me.

i need to work on posting my food all the time - not just my good days ... :eek:

Can you try to do it at a really really slow pace? I bet that would help you. I think that it has helped me not to do it on the treadmill because I don't focus on how fast I am going but more on how my body feels. I think it was Jachut who suggested going really really slow in the start. In terms of the crampy legs - are you drinking enough? Don't be dissapointed - I bet you just had an off day/week etc. and you will find another rush of motivation soon enough.

karen,

it was bad even on the trail. i just couldnt push past it. :eek:

i dunno what i am going to do. i definitely want to keep running, even if it is building back up to couch to 5K...

Hi guys. I haven't posted much here, as I am newly banded (10-15-07) I saw the couch to 5k posts, and decided that I would give it a shot. The plan is actually very similar to what I did on my own 7 years ago when I lost 60 pounds on my own (one of my yo-yo's!!)

Anyway, I started the couch to 5k plan last week. I went out and bought a new pair on nike running shoes, and started week 1. I made it through the first 3 days, and then began having pain my left heel. It progressively got worse, until today, when I couldn't even walk down the street without limping. I went into my GP, and found out that I had developed retrocalcaneal bursitis. According to my GP, it was a combination of "too much, too soon" on the treadmill + the new nike shoes that caused it. Long story short; I am off the couch to 5k plan for at least the next 1-2 weeks. I probably will start something different, like an elliptical or something more low impact. I also have knee problems, so I guess I'll never be able to complete the couch to 5k plan.

Just thought I'd let you know that there can be complications with the couch to 5k plan for those of us that have not exercised in a while; and not to start with brand new "el cheapo" nike tennis shoes. BTW: my orthopedic surgeon recommends Merrills or New Balance shoes for better fit and support. Just an FYI...

Losing, everybody has crap days. I had one last week where I had to just stop in the middle of the workout. It sucks. I keep feeling like running should just be so natural, but for me its not. And its something that I have to work on. You're better than me, because I haven't tried it since. I feel like just quitting the whole exercise thing all together. Its just one of those days for me (or weeks....). It takes a lot of perseverance to push through the bad times. Take it back down to week 2 and try again!

yeah i got myself in all kinds of trouble doing too much at once. The brain is willing its just the body i have to ever so gently bring up. I did swim for a lot of weeks before i even attempted it.

Did week 4 day 2 today. Not too too bad. But it sure is a challange.

I have to make sure i rest between days or it all goes horribly wrong.

this is my 2nd bad run in a row though. i am going to keep running, we'll see what i need to do to keep the pace ... even if it is running shorter bursts for a longer time period ... ????

losingjust- sorry that your runs have been giving you a hard time. You have a lot of time before may, so take it slow so you don't get injured. I feel for you. I can tell how bad you want this and how dedicated you are.

Losing, try not to let yourself get down.

Have you had enough Protein lately, and potassium? I've heart that lack of those things sometimes can make that happen. Just a thought. Keep at it, and good luck.

Cindy

yeah shes right! i was watching the biggest loser the other night (i dont really like it, too much crying)

And this one guy was sooooooooooo dissapointed with ONLY losing 6 pounds in a week....thats insane!

This drives me nuts too. Can you imagine losing those big numbers every week? What the heck! And then even the trainers are disappointed. That annoys me.

I finished week 2 Sunday (instead of Friday) while I was on my vacation in Vegas. I am proud that I actually did it. I used the treadmill where at home I jog outside. I cannot say which one I find more difficult. I didn't have all the natural hill of outside, but I think my speed was a little faster and more consistent on the treadmill. At any rate, I felt like I needed a hip replacement later that day...but I also walked for miles through the hotels and on the strip.

I am afraid of week 3 (never mind week 4 or 5). Does anyone remember it being a tough transition? I am so impressed with everyone's success so far. Keep it up guys and thanks for the continued motivation.

I lost 3.5lbs this week..but I attribute a lot of that to my bodybugg as well. It keeps things in perspective.

thanks guys!

i honestly think it was my shoes. i walked this afternoon for 10 mins and was in extreme pain. i returned them so i will try to run tomorrow. hopefully that will do the trick!!