Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kevin Smith aka Silent Bob, looks like he has had WLS. His story is he had a mild heart attack in March, joined WW and has lost near 100 pounds in six months. I really think he secretly had WLS, especially looking at his face. It just has that sunken look to it, just like Al Roker.

I know it’s his own business and we each treasure our own secrecy, but if he did have WLS it would really open the doors of discussion and hopefully acceptance from the skinnies! Plus if he did and WW is taking credit, oh boy, that’s not cool.

Thoughts?

Who?

probably someone on Amerian TV or YouTube, is my guess. Not familiar with this person, maybe something regional?

22 minutes ago, elcee said:

Who?

14 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

probably someone on Amerian TV or YouTube, is my guess. Not familiar with this person, maybe something regional?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Smith
He's pretty famous, globally, he's not a youtube star....

5 hours ago, GettinSkinnywithit said:

Kevin Smith aka Silent Bob, looks like he has had WLS. His story is he had a mild heart attack in March, joined WW and has lost near 100 pounds in six months. I really think he secretly had WLS, especially looking at his face. It just has that sunken look to it, just like Al Roker.

I know it’s his own business and we each treasure our own secrecy, but if he did have WLS it would really open the doors of discussion and hopefully acceptance from the skinnies! Plus if he did and WW is taking credit, oh boy, that’s not cool.

Thoughts?

He didn't have WLS, he became vegan and then later joined WW.

well I am in Ohio, elcee,in Australia and neither of us ever heard of him.

Yes but I am old and I don't watch those kind of movies ( I just googled him)

well done to him for losing the weight. Not everyone that has a big weight loss has had surgery. The test for him as it is for all of us is not so much in the losing, it's in the maintaining

I have not heard of him before now. How he lost his weight is his own business, if he has WLS I get that he chooses not to discuss it, I had an ESG last week and so far only one friend knows about it.

8 minutes ago, 2shea said:

I have not heard of him before now. How he lost his weight is his own business, if he has WLS I get that he chooses not to discuss it, I had an ESG last week and so far only one friend knows about it.

Yes it is his own business unless he is representing some other weight loss programme. If he is a WW advocate and gets paid to promote them then full honesty would be required otherwise he is misrepresenting the programme and other people would be enticed to spend the money and not understand why they werent able to achieve the same level of success

6 hours ago, elcee said:

Who?

I lost 60 pounds from May 10 to September 24th, before my surgery. So I don't think there's any reason he couldn't have lost that weight if he wasn't working very hard and very committed to his goal. I think the hard work for him will be keeping it off. But I wish him the best.

So he is a Movie slacker character? Guess I'm into Wayne's World and Saturday Night Love's Wayne and Garth.🙉🙊

I love Kevin Smith! I think he looks great. I’m not sure if he had surgery or not. It’s not unusual to keep it private. I keep mine private besides from close friends and family.

I love the Jay and Silent Bob movies. Kevin Smith is amazing. He is huge in comic books and is actually a really smart man. It's horrible that Jay got lost in drugs, but that's life.

It is possible to lose that kind of weight with dedication.. I know my husband had a heart attack last year and in 4 months lost about 40 pounds or more. He could have lost more, but instead of eating right, he went back to unhealthy eating and gained the 40 and more.

He's big in fat-accommodation/ableism circles because a budget airline, South West, kicked him off for not "fitting in his seat" a personal horror of mine since I travel for work.
Clerks was his big cult movie.

Edited by JessLess