Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone gone to Blossom Bariatric (self-pay) in Las Vegas?

I am unclear about the cost quote given with respect to insurance. She said that was the quote with my insurance, and it would never exceed that amount, even if insurance declined coverage post-surg. You get the quote in writing, and with the $500 down payment, you're ready to schedule.

I have decided (at least for now) to go to a local bariatric group; however I won't know for three months (after I've gone through all the prep procedures [with their out-of-pocket deductibles] and weigh-ins and classes, etc etc) whether insurance will approve my procedure. I had to bulk up by a couple of pounds to get over 40 BMI (and at the first weigh-in, they used an incorrect height to calculate my BMI). I'm not wild about this particular local group--not particularly good about followup and communication. For example, they scheduled me for an endoscopy mid-December. When I showed up, I was told I had to pay a $900 copay/deductible for the procedure. Afterward, I kicked myself black and blue because I should at least have postponed it for two weeks so it would count toward my 2019 out of pocket max. It just seems to me that someone should have given me a heads up about that cost. (God knows how much the sleep study will cost me.)

So I have to master the art of changing all of my eating habits, exercising daily, but NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT until my final weigh-in for insurance approval. After that, it'll be full steam ahead.

If insurance doesn't approve my surgery, I'll be back in touch with Blossom Bariatric.
The price quoted is what you pay them, no more. If you do have insurance they will also bill your insurance carrier and collect that amount. If your insurance carrier does not provide any coverage you will not pay more than that quoted amount. Their Fast Track program starts at $6,799, you pay a $500 deposit to secure your date and pay the balance prior to surgery. My date is 1/9, it has been a great experience thus far.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I underwent VSG at Blossom Bariatrics/Warm Springs Surgical Center on 1/24/19. My surgeon was Dr. Matt Apel. I have nothing but positive things to say. Their staff members were amazing, but more importantly, they were completely thorough in everything they did- from the pre-op work-up, to surgery, to the IV infusion the day after surgery. They even emailed me copies of the surgical report and pathology reports. Everything was spectacular. The hotel they put us in was nice, clean, and quiet. The presidential ground transportation they provided was also very convenient for out of towners like myself. I’m a registered nurse with a background in pre-op/post-op, so I tend to pay attention to things that most people don’t notice. I found absolutely nothing to critique. Every T was crossed, and every I was dotted. I honestly can’t think of a single thing to complain about. If your insurance won’t pay to have bariatric surgery done locally (and even if it does), then I 110% whole-heartedly recommend Blossom Bariatrics.

I underwent VSG at Blossom Bariatrics/Warm Springs Surgical Center on 1/24/19. My surgeon was Dr. Matt Apel. I have nothing but positive things to say. Their staff members were amazing, but more importantly, they were completely thorough in everything they did- from the pre-op work-up, to surgery, to the IV infusion the day after surgery. They even emailed me copies of the surgical report and pathology reports. Everything was spectacular. The hotel they put us in was nice, clean, and quiet. The presidential ground transportation they provided was also very convenient for out of towners like myself. I’m a registered nurse with a background in pre-op/post-op, so I tend to pay attention to things that most people don’t notice. I found absolutely nothing to critique. Every T was crossed, and every I was dotted. I honestly can’t think of a single thing to complain about. If your insurance won’t pay to have bariatric surgery done locally (and even if it does), then I 110% whole-heartedly recommend Blossom Bariatrics.
My sleeve date was 1/9 with Blossom. They were all amazing and I agree, I would highly recommend them!!!

On 02/04/2019 at 08:35, tamihunt said:

My sleeve date was 1/9 with Blossom. They were all amazing and I agree, I would highly recommend them!!!

Thank you both for sharing your experiences and I am glad to hear that you both are doing so well! Congrats!
I will be going there next week and I wondered if managed the day of surgery not staying in the hospital when so may other programs keep them at least 1 night. Also, did you fly home the day after surgery and was that troublesome for you in anyway? Thank you for sharing your experiences and again Congrats!!

Thank you both for sharing your experiences and I am glad to hear that you both are doing so well! Congrats!
I will be going there next week and I wondered if managed the day of surgery not staying in the hospital when so may other programs keep them at least 1 night. Also, did you fly home the day after surgery and was that troublesome for you in anyway? Thank you for sharing your experiences and again Congrats!!
It's an outpatient procedure. Go back to the hotel after release and walk as much as you possibly can. There will be several others there for their procedure. It is not uncommon to see others walking the halls and outside. Day after, you go back for IV therapy, keep walking, day after that you can fly home. I had absolutely zero issues after the procedure or on the flight home. My flight was only 1 1/2 but I did have a 3 hr drive home that same day. Good luck, it is life changing in all of the best ways. Not one little doubt or regret in my mind since. You are in great hands, the staff is wonderful!!!

I had my procedure at Blossom on Friday. It was a great experience, well organized, and totally educational. I met with surgeons, Matt A and Andrea S - both have an excellent bedside manner and were very informative. I have to say I have been an executive in the health care industry for many years and this place has it together. You will be very pleased.

Is there no post op hospital care ? No way would I skip
On that . I had surgery Thursday am and really needs he care Thursday afternoon through sat am

A friend had her sleeve with him last year. She seems happy with her experience and has had amazing results.

Is there no post op hospital care ? No way would I skip
On that . I had surgery Thursday am and really needs he care Thursday afternoon through sat am
Did you already have tour procedure done? At a hospital? In Mexico? Every Dr and/or hospital and even person is different. I had no need for any aftercare, it was a breeze for me and I'm thankful for that and know that not everyone is that lucky. The Dr provides their cell numbers and of course you can call 911 if needed. You have to have a companion with you should anything arise...thankful I didnt have any problems. This is a top notch facility, I'm sure if there was any concern they wouldn't have the procedures they have in place.

On 02/04/2019 at 13:28, LBmom said:

I did just fine going back to the room after surgery. Gas pain was the worst of it. Up and walking every hour during the day and every 2 hours at night. You go back to the clinic the day after surgery for an IV infusion and meds. You will feel 100x better after this lol. You will stay at the hotel again the night after surgery. You won’t fly home until 2 days after surgery. My flight was much better than I anticipated. I was actually able to doze through most of it. Make sure you wear your TED hoses on your fight home.

Congrats and good luck on your procedure. Excited for you!!!!

Sounds like Blossom has the process down. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am looking forward to next Thursday (Happy Valentine's Day to Me LOL) Your review makes me feel 100 times better. I am planning on going back to work Monday so hopefully I will have a smooth of a recovery as you two!

Can't wait to join you on the loser's bench.

1 hour ago, princess boo said:

I had my procedure at Blossom on Friday. It was a great experience, well organized, and totally educational. I met with surgeons, Matt A and Andrea S - both have an excellent bedside manner and were very informative. I have to say I have been an executive in the health care industry for many years and this place has it together. You will be very pleased.

Thank you for sharing, Blossom's Fast Track program seems like a great choice. I am looking forward to next week and a safe (and quick) recovery. I am scheduled with Matt A as well.

Also, congrats on surgery and I look forward to joining you on the loser's bench very soon!

I’m scheduled for my surgery through Blossom April 16th. They’ve been pleasant to work with so far and I love that’s it’s not a huge hassle so far while other places I talked to want your first born. I’m also self pay and flying in.

I’m having my VSG with Blossom on 04/05. So far it’s been a pleasant experience. (Knock on wood)