Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone gone to Blossom Bariatric (self-pay) in Las Vegas?



Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, LillsDaisy said:

What I am curious to know is: To those of you who have already had/paid for the surgery, what kind of insurance did you have?

I have switched insurance 3 times this year due to COVID and switching jobs, and with each of the insurances I have checked with Blossom - they still tell me I have to pay $15,500 out of pocket for fast track. Is there some kind of magical insurance out there that I’m missing that will cover some of the cost?

Looking in to more local options for less money (I am in FL) but I like that with Blossom there doesn’t appear to be many hoops to cross - it appears if you have the money you can have the surgery.

I have Anthem Blue Cross. My cost with Blossom is $10,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, G8trgrl said:

I live in Florida. I had my surgery done at Blossom because my insurance wouldn’t cover it. Blossom could do the surgery when it was convenient to me. They were awesome! I have no regrets.

That’s really nice to hear that you had a good experience, even with no insurance coverage. I am just struggling with the affordability of it without at least SOME coverage from insurance. I am now looking into the best options for financing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LillsDaisy said:

That’s really nice to hear that you had a good experience, even with no insurance coverage. I am just struggling with the affordability of it without at least SOME coverage from insurance. I am now looking into the best options for financing.

I looked in to Blossom before I eventually had my surgery almost a month ago at the University of Colorado Surgical Weight Loss Center. I called and pushed on their insurance lady really hard, and she finally admitted that they are not "in-network" for ANY insurance, but use out-of-network benefits for testing, etc., to bring the cost down. Since my plan does not have out-of-network benefits, that was a nonstarter for me.

After that disappointment, I worked with my insurance company and the UC Surgical Weight Loss Center to get expedited approval. It was very quick since I had a couple of decades of weight loss attempts documented with my doctor. My first appointment with them was on April 30, and I had the surgery on July 16, about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I'm down 22.5# so far. I am very pleased with the care and follow-up I've received. Dr. Jonathan Schoen and his team are outstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, LillsDaisy said:

That’s really nice to hear that you had a good experience, even with no insurance coverage. I am just struggling with the affordability of it without at least SOME coverage from insurance. I am now looking into the best options for financing.

I had to refinance my house in order to pay for it. I am blessed to have a house so that I was able to refinance it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2020 at 1:46 PM, G8trgrl said:

I live in Florida. I had my surgery done at Blossom because my insurance wouldn’t cover it. Blossom could do the surgery when it was convenient to me. They were awesome! I have no regrets.

Just had my surgery with Blossom today. Alot of nausea initally. I am 5 hrs out and it is gone. Stomach is sore, but tolerable. I also used companion care. She is vert caring. I highly recommen Blossom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, BLOSSOM didn't get the chance to earn my business and I wanted them to.

I have MEDICARE and found out earlier this month whenever I inquired with BLOSSOM that they don't take it. Their cash price for the Safe Gastric Sleeve is almost $17,000. I was going to look at buying an INDIVIDUAL health insurance plan the 15TH OF FEBRUARY through BCBS here in Florida, since the market opens back up then, so I looked at them online last night.

I called Blossom back today to talk to them about it and they handed me over to one of their insurance professionals. I had previously been told that they bill all of their procedures OUT-OF-NETWORK if your insurance doesn't cover Bariatric surgery. Which is fine. Get this...... Now they tell me that they ONLY ACCEPT Employer health insurance plans. They DO NOT accept INDIVIDUALS health insurance plans. What is up with that?

Luckily I had previously found Dr. Shillingford in Boca Raton, Florida that does an All Inclusive Self-Pay Gastric Sleeve for those that insurance doesn't cover of $10,000; and, that includes two (2) days in the hospital. He has done over 5,000 Bariatric procedures over his career and this was my "Plan B". Disappointed in Blossom here. Wanted the experience. As they say, everything aligns for a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to dr Shillingford in December 2018 and it was the best thing I’ve ever done . $10k all in , surgery went perfect and I am down 60lbs . He is the best !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2018 at 10:17 PM, Niabird said:

Did you do it? I signed on with them for February

Congratulations on your surgery date. I went to Blossom in August 2020. They have a great program. VSG is a great tool to help with weight loss, but you have to do the work. Let me know if you have any questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2021 at 9:31 PM, Florida Guy said:

Well, BLOSSOM didn't get the chance to earn my business and I wanted them to.

I have MEDICARE and found out earlier this month whenever I inquired with BLOSSOM that they don't take it. Their cash price for the Safe Gastric Sleeve is almost $17,000. I was going to look at buying an INDIVIDUAL health insurance plan the 15TH OF FEBRUARY through BCBS here in Florida, since the market opens back up then, so I looked at them online last night.

I called Blossom back today to talk to them about it and they handed me over to one of their insurance professionals. I had previously been told that they bill all of their procedures OUT-OF-NETWORK if your insurance doesn't cover Bariatric surgery. Which is fine. Get this...... Now they tell me that they ONLY ACCEPT Employer health insurance plans. They DO NOT accept INDIVIDUALS health insurance plans. What is up with that?

Luckily I had previously found Dr. Shillingford in Boca Raton, Florida that does an All Inclusive Self-Pay Gastric Sleeve for those that insurance doesn't cover of $10,000; and, that includes two (2) days in the hospital. He has done over 5,000 Bariatric procedures over his career and this was my "Plan B". Disappointed in Blossom here. Wanted the experience. As they say, everything aligns for a reason.

I used Blossom in August 2020. I have Anthem Blue Cross insurance. Before I agreed to the vsg, Blossom took my insurance info. I paid $9000. To date, my insurance has paid over $10k. I had a great experience with Blossom. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×