Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any in Boston going through BMC??

Was wondering about the pre op process. I have my pre op with the surgeon scheduled but I want to know how far out after this appointment would surgery be booked?

I have masshealth.

I did last December! After pre-op appointment it took about 2 weeks. The whole thing was about 5 months from the first appointment.
I actually had them book out a bit further for surgery as I wanted it in December for when I had vacation. They accommodated
Bmc was great! Who is your Doctor? I had Louise Pernar

1 hour ago, Dollfacenetta said:

Oh thanks for the reply.
I have Dr.Carmine.

Was your pre op diet all liquids? And I’m hoping to get the first available date for surgery so I can be healed and before the holidays .

You won't be healed before the holidays. It sounds harder than it is. Most likely you won't want any of those foods anyway as you heal.

It’s not for food purposes. Holidays are big for my family and for me especially with two little ones. I don’t mean that I’ll be completely healed but I wanna be able to be up and moving with some normalcy and not fresh out of surgery lol.

Learn to pace youself, turtle for awhile, you still have your little ones to live and love you back. Take it slow Take it smooth and Remember God does watch out for his own. Holidays will still be Good.,

After two c sections I know patience is key, and walking makes a world of difference . After my second one I was up and feeling good the day after the section.

I was up and back to normal in about 3 days... just didn’t lift anything over 10 lbs .
Holidays will be fine... you won’t be hungry but I’d think you’ll be ok for everything else.

My pre op was only a few days - liquids for 2 days prior. I didn’t have to do a big diet before - I just couldn’t gain.

You’ll be ok- has was a beast but the incisions felt ok after maybe a week. sleeping (side sleeping pills on stomach$ and getting up were tough for a bit. 

I hope you get a date soon :)  

Me too. Pre op is on the 18th. There’s two appointments scheduled which is confusing because no one called and told me they just were in my chart. One is with Dr.Carmine and the other is at the Shapiro building with a NP. I’m hoping this means my date is soon after.

I'm having surgery (VSG) with Dr. Pernar in December, hopefully. The last thing on my checklist is the psych eval which is scheduled at the end of this month.

I finished everything so now I’m hoping to go into my pre op appointments with a surgery date soon. The psych eval was really quick and easy for me. The appointment didn’t even last 20 mins. Hopefully yours is as easy as mine was.

21 minutes ago, Dollfacenetta said:

I finished everything so now I’m hoping to go into my pre op appointments with a surgery date soon. The psych eval was really quick and easy for me. The appointment didn’t even last 20 mins. Hopefully yours is as easy as mine was.

Thanks! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Hoping everything stays on schedule.