Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Eviva LSG Patients? I'm scheduled for 10/22

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, but hope to connect with others to get support, information, etc. I'm scheduled for my surgery 10/22 with Dr. Peter Billing at Eviva in WA State. I'm excited but a bit nervous, since this will be such a life changing thing. Any words of wisdom for me from those who've gone through it? Thanks!

Hi there, not an a Eviva patient but I started with them before I switched to Swedish. Congrats on getting this far. I’ll follow you and see how you’re doing - and let you know if I find any neutral support groups.

I'm getting my WLS at Kaiser Permanente Bellevue Medical Center.

I have been scheduled for surgery with dr billings for December 3rd. Now they call and tell me that he is no longer with the company and have me scheduled with dr harris. . . Do you feel comfortable with him? It scares me that they would do this less than a month out.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried. It's my understanding that this was a long time coming between he and his partners, and that they are assigning people to other physicians in the group. I had my surgery with Dr. Billing, and when I came in for the post-op appointment, he had left the previous day. These things happen, and when I did my research about the doctors before the procedure, I heard good things about Dr. Harris also. Of course, it's totally up to you and if you don't feel comfortable, you'll need to decide whether you want to do. If it helps, I would recommend doing some research on Dr. Harris. You can also join the Facebook group for Eviva First Year Support, and ask around from those who have had Dr. Harris. I'm pretty pragmatic about these things, and if it were me I'd get more information on the doctor I was assigned, and if I felt comfortable, then just focused on me and my reasons for the surgery. I hope this helps you. Good luck! I'm just over 2 weeks out, and no regrets so far :)

I dont see it either

Its Eviva First Year Support, and you have to ask to join the group. I can't seem to find my original flier with the information, but I think if you go to that site you can ask to join. It's been helpful for me. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll keep digging!

I looked again and I can't find that darn paper. I guess it's a secret site. I think if you contact your surgical pathway coordinator they can give you the information.