Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick and eating is off

Hi all
Have the flu (ugh)... and so sick to my stomach. Had husband go buy some bread or crackers to settle my stomach.

Had bypass 9 1/2 months ago and have been pretty good with foods etc. I’m beyond my goals and honestly need to stop losing weight.

All that said.... in the past two days I’ve eaten a TON of oyster crackers (whole box) and about 5 pieces of bread . I hadn’t had any bread type items in over 9 months so I feel like I’m failing.... even though it was just to settle stomach. I easily ate the bread and crackers with no restriction etc as far as I could tell but maybe ate too fast anyhow.

Ugh. Am I on proverbial slippery slope ?!
Kinda freaking out after the fact

Feel better soon!! Take care of yourself!

Crackers are totally a slider for me. ((hugs))

Hi there

I wouldn’t beat yourself up over it - the fact you are posting shows you haven’t lost your way. As you get well, just stay on top of the Bentley course correction back to proper food!

Your stats are great - feeling proud? Gorgeous?

Oops - that was meant to say ‘gentle course correction’ not Bentley! Too late to edit it now...

Thanks Biddyzz! Feeling better ! Argh was so sick- flu?!

Yes I’m super proud :). Need to learn about maintenance now- I think have an appointment on the 15th so excited to figure that out!

4 hours ago, BostonWLKC said:

Thanks Biddyzz! Feeling better ! Argh was so sick- flu?!

Yes I’m super proud :). Need to learn about maintenance now- I think have an appointment on the 15th so excited to figure that out!

Me too. It is a whole different headspace, and all the BariatricPal posting and reading really didn’t prepare me for some of it:

* giving away the daily weight drop

* planning to add a snack a day to get calories up a bit

* how to deal with the endless line of people giving you advice about not losing any more weight.

But those niggles are drowned out by the great clothes, the thrift store purchases, the sales items I can now buy that were never available in size 18, the jogging, the room in an airplane seat, not going through and deleting every photo of me, etc etc etc...