Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

I’m 10 days post op today and I still randomly get the chest pains... sometimes I’ll take a gas x and that helps, but it does get better! One of the worst parts for me was the chest pains. Each day it gets a little better.... after exactly one week and day, I woke up feeling “normal” again!
Still dealing with that darn head hunger and desire to chew. I have 3 kids, so I’m often making them and my husband dinner and it’s hard!!! I don’t feel hungry, but I’m missing food! One more week till purées... never would’ve thought i would be excited about that! 😂

On 12/17/2018 at 11:49, byeninja said:

Not really doing too well. Whether I drink or don't drink I have intermittent chest pain that feels like someone is squeezing me right in the middle of my chest. I talked to my doctor's NP this morning and her suggestion was that I take my Percocets. I've been avoiding them since I wasn't having constant unbearable pain. I feel like my pain is being dismissed and I have a bunch of errands to run before I graduate on Wednesday so I can't even take the Percocet 😑. Here's to hoping things get easier

Gas X is the most wonderful thing for that pressure feeling. I called my Dr. it’s what they recommended to me. Hope that helps!

I have a tip I’m hoping will help someone.. I Hate the stupid daily injections of blood thinner post
Surgery... But my husband did some research and when he puts an ice pack on the area for several minutes to numb it first, I can barely feel the injection now and I also don’t get the Huge bruises from it like I was in the hospital. I’m only getting a pinpoint bruise now and much less anxiety about the stupid things! Good Luck!! 👍

12 hours ago, kjuno said:

How does anyone else prevent gulping? I get so thirsty then I remember and it’s too late and already hurts. I have no clue how this will work when I start working out.

I think it will take practice. I find that I catch myself at the third swallow. So I pause to see how I'm doing. For me, there's a lot of retraining to do in that vein. Remembering to be mindful and chew slowly and thoroughly is next I imagine. But then again, I think that slowing down will help so I can still "enjoy" food with the few bites I'm imagining being able to tolerate.

@Skc150: my surgeon makes ppl wait 6 months after Band removal so their stomach can heal, so as not to staple the delicate tissue left after scar removal. She also believes that the time will allow our body to go back to normal so the sleeve will feel like a new WLS. My insurance changes in January, so she agreed to let me have the sleeve surgery in dec

[mention=354306]Skc150[/mention]: my surgeon makes ppl wait 6 months after Band removal so their stomach can heal, so as not to staple the delicate tissue left after scar removal. She also believes that the time will allow our body to go back to normal so the sleeve will feel like a new WLS. My insurance changes in January, so she agreed to let me have the sleeve surgery in dec
That makes sense - thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm already taking store brand GasX so I'll get some antacids and see if that helps. I took the Percocet when I got home to get some relief and wow was that an experience. I got ridiculously hungry, for the first time since my surgery, and fatigued at the same time and ended up falling asleep within like 3 min. Definitely only a night time med.

I got out of surgery at around 1pm. I was up and walking by 2:30. Other gas (in weird places) I feel pretty good. Put on a couple thousand steps after surgery, they say tomorrow should be much better. I am very happy so far. Sorry to you folks who are struggling.

I’m going in!

Just waiting for intake for my big day. I should be under soon.

See you on the other side.

11 minutes ago, Unstuck said:

I’m going in!

Just waiting for intake for my big day. I should be under soon.

See you on the other side.

Best of luck! Let us know how you get on.

Best of luck to everyone going under today. :)

I'm dealing with some gas pain in my upper right shoulder today. Uggggh. :(

I still stand by that the gas pain in the shoulder was the worst part of all of this!!!! It was horrible!
Heating pad was the only thing that got me some relief!

Hey everybody! I just got sleeved on December 12th. Just found this place and am getting some good info and looking forward to hearing other people's experiences and ideas throughout this new journey.