Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast ideas

Still on pureeds and getting burnt out on eggs, oatmeal and yogurt. Anyone have any suggestions??

Acai Bowls are really damn good.

Well, why not do leftovers for brekky? No need for Breakfast food if you don't want it!

I ate a lot of chicken salad for breakfast during the pureed stage as I'm not really into sweet first thing in the morning. I also ate meat and cheese roll-ups, but I'd toast them in the skillet so it was warm and the cheese got gooey. Don't limit yourself to traditional breakfast foods!

LOL when we were kids we used to eat Tomato Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast sometimes! Or chicken noodle Soup.

Just now, FluffyChix said:

LOL when we were kids we used to eat Tomato Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for Breakfast sometimes! Or chicken noodle Soup.

I still love Soup for breakfast. It's such a pleasant way to start the day.

I stick with my Protein Shake every morning for breakfast. I also add a half of light and fit yogurt along with a scoop of GENEPRO Protein. That way I am guaranteed to get at least 64 grams of protein to start the day. The thought of food just doesn't interest me anymore, so this is my go to item for now.

I stick with my Protein Shake every morning for breakfast. I also add a half of light and fit yogurt along with a scoop of GENEPRO Protein. That way I am guaranteed to get at least 64 grams of protein to start the day. The thought of food just doesn't interest me anymore, so this is my go to item for now.
I thought our bodies can't handle / process more than 30g of protein per meal? Are you saying you take in 64g of protein for 1 meal?

I'm eating leftover baked Beans and pulled pork for breakfast this morning. Highly recommend.

I'm more than 5 months out and I still like yogurt for breakfast. Granted, I spruce it up with chia seeds, granola, and Unjury.
On weekends I change it up. eggs, oatmeal, Cereal, cottage cheese. If my husband treats me to a breakfast out, I might have a bite of muffin or pancakes with my bacon and egg.
To keep from getting bored with the yogurt, I only eat it on days I work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 9/23/2018 at 1:33 PM, MargoCL said:
On 9/21/2018 at 8:05 PM, swatkins4 said:
I stick with my Protein Shake every morning for breakfast. I also add a half of light and fit yogurt along with a scoop of GENEPRO Protein. That way I am guaranteed to get at least 64 grams of Protein to start the day. The thought of food just doesn't interest me anymore, so this is my go to item for now.

I thought our bodies can't handle / process more than 30g of protein per meal? Are you saying you take in 64g of protein for 1 meal?

GENEPRO doesn't have that much protein in it anyway, they just make up their own nutritional values and put a disclaimer on it.

But I personally believe they you can't process more than 30g of protein in a meal is absolutely nonsense. While it's certainly possible it's suboptimal at a certain point, that number will likely be different for everybody (does it really make sense a 110 pound girl can handle the same amount of protein as a 360 pound man?)

Regardless food digests and moves through your digestive tracks at different rates, and your body stores things. So I've heard that 30g number, and I've heard some physicians repeat it, but it's almost certainly crap.

I have meals with 50g of protein (notably my breakfast).

I wouldn't advocate having 150g of protein in a meal, but going over the 30g mark in a meal isn't gonna mark any difference.

And hypothetically speaking if your body couldn't use over 30g of protein in a meal, wouldn't that mean your body wouldn't just absorb the excess protein thus you wouldn't get the calories? Doesn't really make sense when you think of it like that

Kind of second Fluffy Chix memories. My mama would heat Tomato Soup but would drop bicuit dough dumplings with an small chunk,of cheese in them, cover until they floated to the top, soft and cheese gooey, Wounded if we could use light Tomato Soup, lower calorie Bisquick and a low- fat cheese like mozzarella?🍛

14 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Kind of second Fluffy Chix memories. My mama would heat Tomato Soup but would drop bicuit dough dumplings with an small chunk,of cheese in them, cover until they floated to the top, soft and cheese gooey, Wounded if we could use light Tomato Soup, lower calorie Bisquick and a low- fat cheese like mozzarella?🍛

That sounds AMAZING.