Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM SURGEONS OFFICE

Hello, have anyone had this problem, I am in the beginning process trying to get the sleeve, I had my pcm put a referral in for me and it took the surgeons office a while to get me scheduled for my orientation even though I know they had the referral , I had to call them many times and I would not get a call back then I called the patient coordinator and she spoke with the scheduler and the scheduler told her she would call me within a week and of course she did not , then I call back after a week then I was scheduled for the orientation. Had the orientation and I meet with the surgeon , his Medical Assistant told me that the bariatric nurse would contact me and if I didn't hear from her in a week to give her a call. I didn't wait a week I called her that Friday and left her a message and I called her the next week many many times and she will not pick up her phone or call me back. I said I was going to go up there on my lunch break Friday if I haven't heard back from her. She is the one who puts referrals in for nutrition and psych and lets you know what you need to do next. I am sag net waiting until she tells me something . This is frustrating waiting on people to do there job. This is more like a rant!!

But have anyone experienced people who take there time at doing the things that you need done , if so what did you do.

Call and talk to the office manager. If you can't get in contact with them make a visit and ask to speak to the office manager. There's no reason they can't give you a call and say they are handling your case as a courtesy.

Well guess what I used my coworkers phone and she answered , I knew she knew my number but that is so messed up. When she picked up and I told her who it was she try to say she was in a meeting and had someone in her office, but I would not let her off the phone. She said the doctor hasn't done his note yet so she could not do what she needed to do and sayed she has 300 patients and all where important and she has my chart was in the hot seat. I fill like she is lying because I got a message thru the online portal that my note was ready to view. I am trying to be patient I told her I would call her next week and she said soon as she got the info she needed she would call me. Then she said it could be this week, I know that is not going to happen because it is already Thursday I will give her till next Friday before I call again. This is so frustrating . I don't have to do a 6 month diet plan all I need is to do psych and nutrition . I was thinking I would have the surgery if approved in November but the way things are going I'm not sure .

It's crazy that they didn't suggest a revision when they removed your lap band. In most of the things I've read and watched, that seems to be the case.

At the time that I got my lap band removed in April 2017 I was not big enough to get the sleeve. I was 160 lbs. But since I have had it removed I am back up to 204 lbs. I am still considered a low BMI. its because I have high BP and sleep apnea is why I qualify, but at this rate waiting on people to do there job is getting to me , but I will try to be patient because there's nothing I can do .

Well guess what I used my coworkers phone and she answered , I knew she knew my number but that is so messed up. When she picked up and I told her who it was she try to say she was in a meeting and had someone in her office, but I would not let her off the phone. She said the doctor hasn't done his note yet so she could not do what she needed to do and sayed she has 300 patients and all where important and she has my chart was in the hot seat. I fill like she is lying because I got a message thru the online portal that my note was ready to view. I am trying to be patient I told her I would call her next week and she said soon as she got the info she needed she would call me. Then she said it could be this week, I know that is not going to happen because it is already Thursday I will give her till next Friday before I call again. This is so frustrating . I don't have to do a 6 month diet plan all I need is to do psych and nutrition . I was thinking I would have the surgery if approved in November but the way things are going I'm not sure .
I can tell you at my surgeon's office getting a nutrition consult can take up to 3 months because they are slammed (with 3 on staff dieticians).
I used to have to schedule my appointments 3 months out. Even post surgery, the earliest I got was December.

It also took 38 days to get my surgery scheduled because of final insurance approval after I met all my requirements

It is such a waiting game I don't understand. I had checked into getting it done in Vegas I thought it was only $6500. that's what they advertised but when I spoke with them I had to have a certain insurance they said they do everything in 5 days nutrition psych cardio everything is in the same building , it seems like they all could be that fast:) When I had the lap band placed in 2010 it didn't take that long to go thru the process. I started in January and I had my surgery in the middle of April . But I will see.