Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Raleigh or Durham, NC recommendations?

I had mine done at Duke four weeks ago. I have been very happy with Dr. Aurora Pryor. The support staff there can be a little frustrating at times, but the nutritionist and medical staff are really great.

My insurance papers are in for a (hopefully) very near future appointment with Dr Pryor. Got my fingers crossed....

What kind of issues did you have with the support staff?

Thanks for your response. I actually had my lap-band surgery on 1-14, and I love Dr. Enochs. I felt the same way about the Duke surgeons not really being advocates of the lap-band. Dr. Enochs was so nice and informative. Good luck!

My insurance papers are in for a (hopefully) very near future appointment with Dr Pryor. Got my fingers crossed....

What kind of issues did you have with the support staff?

Actually, "support staff" may not be the right term. The people who deal with the insurance (Beth and Brandy), are incredible. They were just wonderful to work with, and know EVERYTHING about getting appointments and approvals. The nurse and nutritionist are great, as well as the docs. The folks that I had problems with are the schedulers. I've been there when 12 people (no exaggeration) were scheduled for the exact same time with Dr. Pryor. I've also tried to make appts and the schedulers don't know what a "fill" is, and have to go find out, etc. It may be Duke's policy to overbook, but I've been to other Duke clinics, and never had this kind of problem. Anyway, I'm 100% happy with my medical care, but I feel like there is some lack of consideration for the patients' time. Many of us also have important jobs and lots of responsibility, and I don't get the feeling that this is fully appreciated.

I've found them to be very supportive of my decision to have lapband, but the other writer is correct, for some reason, the info sessions are very Pro-Bypass. I have no idea why that is.

Good luck to you!

Dr. Enochs is truly the best. FYI: Dr. Enochs trained Dr. Moran and Dr. Enochs is way more personable than Dr. Moran.

Thanks for your response. I actually had my lap-band surgery on 1-14, and I love Dr. Enochs. I felt the same way about the Duke surgeons not really being advocates of the lap-band. Dr. Enochs was so nice and informative. Good luck!

Is Dr Enochs at Duke? I'm having all kinds of delays getting approved there--almost think it's a scam to get me to support all the auxiliary services they've sent me to (w/o finding any reason not to approve me) that have already cost thousands (despite insurance!!!). Please reply. Pam

Dr. Enochs' office is in Cary. He does surgery at Rex (so I was told). I'm going to his seminar on the 19th and have a consult with Dr. Kenneth Mitchell in Pinehurst on the 3rd. I'll let everyone know what I think afterwards.

Thanks

Hands down! Dr. Enochs is by far the best. He has the most experience in weight loss surgery and trained everyone else. He has done my bariatric surgery 2 months ago and I am in NO pain and have lost over 30 pounds! Dr. Enochs is far more personable than Dr. Moran. Trust me.....GO TO THE BEST! He is truly wonderful!

Dr. Enochs has done more Lap Band procedures than anyone in the Triangle.! He is awesome!! I had my surgery 2 months ago and feel wonderful. GO TO THE BEST! you can read surgerync.com for what others say under testimonials! Best wishes.:thumbup:

Just a quick update, because all went thru quickly AFTER I'd have to make new co-payments & deductibles July 1. I had my first meeting w/ a Dr. (DeMaria) Friday, July 18; my pre-op conferences (w/ several others) all day Monday, July 21; and surgery Tuesday AM, July 22. All medical went fine, but administrative foul-ups continued: 7/18 appt 2+ hours late in an area so cold my temp dropped to 96 & they brought me a blanket; Monday AM meetings in a room where they couldn't get the A/C to work; Monday PM conference w/ program director at hospital cancelled when no one could find her (they supposedly found out she was on a 2-wk vacation!); paperwork for pre-op labs not filled out; & post-op instructions list aforementioned absent nurse program director as our contact. Thank God the banding evidently went fine, the doctor was good, the hospital staff was great, & Brandy--at the office--really does work the miracles. Pam

Hi,

I was banded on the 11th of July by Dr. Enochs. He is excellent. Not only does he have wonderful bedside manner but he is very experienced in bariatric surgery. I would definetely recommend him. I am a nurse and quite fussy about who operates on me. I've never heard a bad work about him. Good luck with whoever you choose. I know Dr. Moran by name but never met him or any of his pts.

I recently have looked for a surgeon to do my surgery. I work at REX and I've heard good things from the nurses. From what I hear Dr. Moran is not very personable. Dr. Enochs is much more then Dr. Moran. The OR manager I work with is going to do some investigating and find out more information.

Previously, I was looking into Dr. Kenneth Mitchell Jr. in Pinehurst. However I learned that his mortality rate is 4% and that kind of freaks me out.

I plan on attending the seminar next month.

Anyone who has any thoughts specifially on Dr. Enochs, let me know!

:)

I also work at Rex and Dr. Enoch did my band July 11. I would recommend you go with him. I don't know much about Dr. Moran but I've never heard a bad word about Dr. Enoch.

I am being banded on Wednesday by Dr. Moran. He and his staff have been nothing but nice, helpful, and willing to answer any questions I have had. I have heard nice things about Dr. Enouch but I highly recommend Dr. Moran.:tt1: